Another Region?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Another Region?

Is a pretty Sneasel Sneazy Sneasel's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Another Region?

As you know, there's a NPC in X and Y who mention a battle facalty in another region that isn't Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, or Unova. is it possible that Pokemon Z could feature 2 regions in one game lie GSCHGSS and BW2 did?
    Your Name Please

Follow Aulos on Tumblr

Default Re: Another Region?

I believe the director recently said that they had no plans of ever including a second region in a game again. Although you seriously have to take anything anybody at Nintendo says with a huge grain of salt. Because I believe he also said that they had found ways to make the post-game just as full, but I disagree completely with that...

Either way, it'd be a massive thing to add to a third game. It seems like a bit much. Maybe we'll see the mentioned region one day, but just because it was mentioned doesn't mean we'll see it this generation, or actually ever. It could just be a generic far-away region to add mystery... There are a lot of things like that, after all.
    ~~

Follow Solar Dragon On Twitter Add Solar Dragon on Facebook
    Follow Solar Dragon on Tumblr Visit Solar Dragon's Youtube Channel

We will be seeing a new region this generation. That is pretty much a fact depending on how the backpacker said that you would see for yourself soon. I love all the hints at a new region.

Blog Entries

There is already a thread about this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Aulos View Post
    I believe the director recently said that they had no plans of ever including a second region in a game again.
    He didn't say that. The actual quote is:

Don't expect any old regions to return. 'Kanto was in Gold/Silver as post-game bonus content,' Masuda explained. 'Since then we've focused on post-game bonuses being in the new region.'
    Masuda was just saying that XY wouldn't include a previous region, which doesn't have to mean anything for future games. I think that focusing solely on a new region makes sense in its introduction, but not so much later on. That said, I don't think that the unknown region will be featured in the same games as Kalos (which I would think would be sequels rather than a third version), as Game Freak are probably going to use Kalos as the main region again, and it wouldn't make much sense if they made the new region secondary. That is why I expect the region to warrant its own set of games, which would expand this generation beyond Kalos.

Quote Originally Posted by Aulos
    Maybe we'll see the mentioned region one day, but just because it was mentioned doesn't mean we'll see it this generation, or actually ever. It could just be a generic far-away region to add mystery... There are a lot of things like that, after all.
    There are no guarantees about anything, but the references to this unknown region are a lot more blatant than anything else you could compare them to. If they turn out not to be relevant to Generation VI, then Game Freak will have drawn our attention for no reason.
    Bolt the Cat likes this.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

The battle facility and the Strange Souvenir are both mentioned as being in regions other than the 6 we know of, so it's definitely possible that they are both in the same region, and both hints to the third game or Gen 7, though more likely the third game since it's too early to be talking about Gen 7 at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post

Don't expect any old regions to return. 'Kanto was in Gold/Silver as post-game bonus content,' Masuda explained. 'Since then we've focused on post-game bonuses being in the new region.'
    Masuda was just saying that XY wouldn't include a previous region, which doesn't have to mean anything for future games. I think that focusing solely on a new region makes sense in its introduction, but not so much later on. That said, I don't think that the unknown region will be featured in the same games as Kalos (which I would think would be sequels rather than a third version), as Game Freak are probably going to use Kalos as the main region again, and it wouldn't make much sense if they made the new region secondary. That is why I expect the region to warrant its own set of games, which would expand this generation beyond Kalos.
    I agree with you, Masuda only said there wouldn't be a second region in X/Y, he said nothing about there NEVER being another game with more than one region, but I did remember them once saying that there would never be a game with all the regions, at least not for a VERY long time because there wouldn't be enough room on the game card, plus some regions such as Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Kalos are massive.

The third game MAY have a second region, probably the same size as the Sevii Islands, but unlikely as big as Kalos is, and that's only IF the third game is even set in Kalos (which likely it will).

Quote Originally Posted by Aulos
    Maybe we'll see the mentioned region one day, but just because it was mentioned doesn't mean we'll see it this generation, or actually ever. It could just be a generic far-away region to add mystery... There are a lot of things like that, after all.
    There are no guarantees about anything, but the references to this unknown region are a lot more blatant than anything else you could compare them to. If they turn out not to be relevant to Generation VI, then Game Freak will have drawn our attention for no reason.
    I agree with you there as well, Game Freak has a history of trolling the fandom, so anything is possible.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Follow Aulos on Tumblr

I see, I was afraid I might have twisted it around in my mind over time. However, what he said there still implies to me that they have no intention of including a second region again.

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I don't think we'll ever be getting a GSCHGSS situation again, there's just too many problems with that system as far as design and pacing goes. A new region is probably going to want a game all to itself.

Blog Entries

"Never again" is a strong word. Er... two words. Who knows if sometime down the line GameFreak, maybe under the direction of a different Director, decides to explore the idea again. But we've gone four straight gens without it, Gen II remakes aside, and if there was ever a time to do it I think it would've been in Gen V or VI, given how (relatively) small and underwhelming Unova and Kalos are.

Personally, I used to say I'd rather get a single region as opposed to two since GameFreak did show with HGSS that they still don't really know how to handle a game of that scope in regards to pacing and leveling. But, uhhh, XY have the same issues without there being a second region to focus on, so that idea kind of gets tossed out the window. It's not about there being a second region to me so much as there being enough content in the game and one single, large region that would parallel what we could get with two, smaller regions.

Also, to be honest, if there was to be a 2nd region, I actually think Unova and Kalos could've gone along pretty well together, but who wants to go back to Unova again? Otherwise I think we've seen enough of Kanto, Johto and HGSS are still relatively fresh, and Hoenn and Sinnoh are far too packed and dense to be relegated to the post-game, so if either region is set to make a comeback I think they're best suited for their own focused games. So there really wasn't much that could be done with XY and a second region anyway. I just wish Kalos itself was a little bit more memorable or exciting.

What do you guys think of this? Remember, Bank won't let you attach items to pokemon being transferred.
    Pearl FC: 0689 8559 2961
    Platinum FC: 3868 1384 3198
    SoulSilver FC: 2021 2908 5745
    Black 2 FC: 4170 2700 6717

My shop!

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

I think the next gen 6 game or games should definitely have a new region, maybe based on Germany? If so, they simply MUST do a Neuschwanstein Castle equivalent like they did with France's Palace Versailles. Neuschwanstein is simply amazing, and was the inspiration for Disney's Cinderella Castle. It's famous around the world!

Bug-type Master SupersonicScolipede's Avatar

I don't know, even though these hints are a bit more prominent than in games past, I still don't feel like we'll be getting multiple regions in one Gen, nor do I think this is a reference to a Gen VII (too early). I'm thinking this is just to keep us on our toes, and to add to the atmosphere, but anything is possible...

I don't think GF is ready to put a TWO regions in one game again, especially when they're so much more complex and developed. That being said, the fact that we have not just references but an actual ITEM for this new generation (the souvenir) that an NPC tell you that you should hang onto definitely raises some flags.

As to how another region is implemented is a bit of a mystery though. Of course with DLC we have to consider that we might not have "generations" anymore and that new pokemon and locations can be introduced with backwards compatibility without the need to create new Generations. So I think we might end up in another region with many old pokes and a handful (50-80) of new ones again in the 2-3 years.

My only reason to think that we're going back to Kalos again soon is that ghost in Lumiose !!! If we're not "the one" then who is? perhaps the next protagonist. The whole situation reminds me of how the protagonist helps that ghost girl in Unova by taking the lunar wing back to marvellous bridge. It was referenced in the first game but not implemented until later on.
    VINCIT QUI SE VINCIT

Blog Entries

Though I highly doubt it, the fun thing is that we don't even know that the region in question isn't hidden in normal X/Y. For the first time we don't know every corner of the game's code, so there can be any number of Pokemon, items, areas, etc. that we won't know until events or patches make them known to us. Though I doubt they would hide something of that magnitude, it's still pretty cool to have so many possibilities right now and to know so little, since we usually know every secret in the games before they even make it overseas.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lugiafanatic View Post
    What do you guys think of this? Remember, Bank won't let you attach items to pokemon being transferred.
    It's gone now. What was it about?

Quote Originally Posted by Lugiafanatic View Post
    It's gone now. What was it about?
    It said there's some number of berries not found in XY (I think 14), and that to get them you need to trade them from other regions. Again, Bank won't let you attach items to your pokemon.
    Silktree and TFerro like this.
    Pearl FC: 0689 8559 2961
    Platinum FC: 3868 1384 3198
    SoulSilver FC: 2021 2908 5745
    Black 2 FC: 4170 2700 6717

My shop!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast