Am I the only one who either likes or doesn't mind the name "Hilbert and Hilda?" - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Am I the only one who either likes or doesn't mind the name "Hilbert and Hilda?"

Surgeon of Death 捷克羅姆's Avatar Bulbanews WriterBulbapedia Staff
    Blog Entries
    Follow 捷克羅姆 On Twitter
    Follow 捷克羅姆 on Tumblr

Default Re: Am I the only one who either likes or doesn't mind the name "Hilbert and Hilda?"

The names aren't that bad. It's not like TPCi just randomly gave them these names. Hilda does reminds me of Brunhilde, though I can't say much for Hilbert.

Add Vulpes vulpes on Facebook

Default Re: Am I the only one who either likes or doesn't mind the name "Hilbert and Hilda?"

I don't really like the name Hilda but it was easy to get used to. The name Hilbert on the other hand is a bit harder to get used to.

Blog Entries

The names seem Scandinavian to me, not very fitting for Pokemon. I'd much rather refer to them as Black and White.

MrC
    Blog Entries

I definitely don't like the names, especially Hilda. Hilda sounds like the kind of name a hippo would have. Plus I've never been too fond of the characters not being named after the games, so in my mind I call Brendan Ruby, Barry Pearl, etc.
    Princess of Lumas likes this.
    Yep.

Resident Nympho Princess of Lumas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I know right.
    Hilda totally reminds me of a hippo and Hilbert reminds me of a pig.
    I think the hippo is from my preschool days when I watched Spot and one of his friends was Hilda the Hippo.
    Ryou Bakura, Yami Bakura, and I live together in Lief's bedroom. Back off

Somalian Anarchy Leader! Please Understand's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Please Understand on Tumblr Visit Please Understand's Youtube Channel

It's fine, since I really don't care about names. Hilda and Hilbert is fine.
    Why are you looking here? There is nothing here.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jda95 View Post
    Touya and Touko suit the characters a lot better so I use them.
    Both sets of names mean "to battle" and you encounter the other PC at the BATTLE Subway.

Also why complain about names you don't have to use?

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

The names don't really matter to me. I'm indifferent because you can name your character, which I always do. They aren't bad names really though.

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

This was the first time I heard the name 'Hilbert'. Don't really like it. Hilda is fine though.

Blog Entries
    Follow RainbowSylveon On Twitter Add RainbowSylveon on Facebook
    Follow RainbowSylveon on Tumblr Visit RainbowSylveon's Youtube Channel

I didn't like them at first at all, but they've grown on me. I think the B2W2 protagonists still have better names, though.
    Claims: Oshawott, Ice Body, Magmarizer, Griseous Orb (July 1, 2012) Cross Poison (September 26, 2012)

Tumblr | Twitter | Playthrough Blog

Fennekindle ==> RainbowSylveon

Master of Ghosts......... Gengarzilla's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Gengarzilla on Tumblr Visit Gengarzilla's Youtube Channel

Hm, I personally find the names awful. Thank goodness they've gone back to earth with the currenty unconfirmed names of "Nate" and "Rose" for the next two...
    I have claimed the Spell Tag and Kasib Berry, along with Adaptability and Shadow Ball. I have also claimed Gastly.

If you think Nintendo need to sue PETA up the ass for making Pokemon Black and Blue, copy and paste this into your sig.

Hypnodance FTW!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123