Am I the only one who either likes or doesn't mind the name "Hilbert and Hilda?"
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I the only one who either likes or doesn't mind the name "Hilbert and Hilda?"

Default Am I the only one who either likes or doesn't mind the name "Hilbert and Hilda?"

I just feel pretty alone.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Am I the only one who either likes or doesn't mind the name "Hilbert and Hilda?"

I think the names are fine. I was kinda against then at first, but then they grew on me.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Am I the only one who either likes or doesn't mind the name "Hilbert and Hilda?"

I'm not too fond of the names. But I do like their meanings, though (Hilbert = magnificent in battle, Hilda = battle maiden).

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

As the person who actually was the one to leak Hilbert's name way back when on March 1st in the English name topic (back when I still had the username Joltik), I... still don't know how to actually feel about them. I guess I agree with how I like their meanings, but the names themselves still seem off to me.

"We understand ideals like love and dreams
    But reality in front of your eyes isn't so easy."

Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

^^I never knew that. I hated them at first but it doesn't really matter anymore since I don't really see them much anymore, and they could have worse names.

Blog Entries

Visit kaisap112's Youtube Channel

I personally don't dislike the names, even if they're a bit off. But I suppose they had to think of something since Black and White have already been used...

That aside, how many of us actually use the default name? Is there a reason to hate the names so much?

The names really aren't that bad. Better then Black for boy and White for girl. .-.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Quote Originally Posted by kaisap112 View Post
    Is there a reason to hate the names so much?
    I can see Hilbert not being someone's cup of tea. But I actually like Hilda. Sure it sound "old" but if that's the case, then she's grow into it. At least, the meaning of the names are cool.

Blog Entries

I didn't like them at first, but now, they've grown on me.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

@jokool;

Your avatar is one of the best things I've ever seen.
    ~
    I didn't really like either of them at first, but Hilda's grown on me. Hilbert, not so much, but it's acceptable.

Though I am pretty happy they weren't named Black/White. x3

"Don't call me that name" TwinLukes's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit TwinLukes's Youtube Channel

i really dont like the names, kinda like Gold/Ethan in HG/SS, i just use the manga names: Black and White, it just sounds better in my opinion, no offense to anyone named hubert or hilda, but i think the names dont sound natural when compared to the other protagonist names, i mean, if someone was named Red, Gold, Silver, Blue, Brendon, May, Dawn or Lucas IRL, it would be fine, some of them are uncommon, Red, Blue and Gold, respectivly, but the others are fine, Hubert, and hilda, just, dont sound like real names, they sound like nicknames.

Claims: Virizion - 03/08/14, Swords Dance - 03/08/14

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

I don't like them one bit. They sound too much like Little House on the Prairie names.
    Last edited by sonic10158; 13th June 2012 at 12:44 AM.

Top game series: Pokémon, Mass Effect, Mario, Sonic, Batman Arkham, Ace Combat, Forza, GTA, Sly Cooper, etc

Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

Yeah, I simply don't like the names at all. They're the only names that just sound ridiculous for the setting - what kind of right minded parent would name their child Hilbert or Hilda these days? Touya and Touko suit the characters a lot better so I use them.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

They're a necessity to go with the twin name theme they had with their original Japanese names, and it fits within the 7-letter limit (or was it 10). Why can't anyone understand this trivial fact?

Blog Entries

I actually like the name Hilda more than Hilbert, but both of their name meanings is why they have grown on me.

N set by smalllady
    Ideals/Truth

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast