Am I the only one around here who... - Page 3

Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Like Tree149Likes

Thread: Am I the only one around here who...

Default Re: Am I the only one around here who...

Am i the only one that thinks all grass types are awesome and end up crying when a pokemon dies on a nuzlocke?
    Quote Originally Posted by Destiny Queen View Post
    Am I the only one who used the Elite4 as my level grinding punching bag?

Am I the only one who deliberately lost to certain trainers to fight them again?
    No i use the Elite4 as my level grinding punching bag too.
    Please call me LT, not XX or whatever. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Anser
    ... Am I the only one around here who doesn't care about getting shiny Pokémon at all?
    Probably not, although I have been trying to get a shiny of my favourites (Wartortle, Espeon and Crobat) for a long time. I've not managed so far, but have managed to find some in random encounters - a shiny Ditto and a Pidove (now an Unfezant).

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Advocate
    Am I the only one who doesn't EV/IV train?
    No, I don't EV/IV train either.

Quote Originally Posted by dannyjenn
    Am I the only one who saves the Master Ball and never ends up using it?
    I always intend to use the Master Ball on one of the legendaries I haven't caught yet, but when I come to choose which Ball to use, I don't usually end up using it. Oftentimes I've ended up using it on a normal Pokémon.

Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158
    Am I the only one who thinks the whole Victory Road --> Elite 4 & Champion is getting old?
    Definitely not. I was crying out for literally any kind of variation on this theme at all - even the chance to fight the E4 in any order I wanted was welcome in Generation V.

Quote Originally Posted by soulmaster
    Am I the only one who goes against the popular starter and picks the least popular one?
    Probably not. I usually pick the Fire type and then regret it half-way through, wishing I'd picked the Water type instead. The only exception to this was in Kanto, where I picked Squirtle and never regretted it. As of Generation IV I hardly ever have a grass type anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by mwto
    Am I the only one who finds it annoying that pokemon can't reach their full potential without evolving?
    Definitely not! This drives me mad. There are entire evolution families I don't touch because I hate the final evolution. I don't like Dragonite very much, even though I love Dragons, and love my Dragonair, but I don't use her because she's not powerful enough, and I refuse to evolve her. The same goes for Wartortle and Blastoise and all of Torchic's line (I hate both evolutions). I'm also pretty close to not liking Haxorus, but I like dragons so much that I got used to it. I can't get over it with Dragonair/Dragonite though, for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by mwetwe
    Am I the only person who doesnt name my pokemon EVER??
    Up until recently I didn't do that either, but more due to lack of creativity than anything else.

Am I the only one who will only catch certain Pokémon if they're of a specific gender? For example, I would never catch a male Dratini (because Dragonair always seems like she should be female to me).
    Midorikawa likes this.

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

@LanguageSponge; no I do that too

Am I the only one who doesn't like Arceus

Quote Originally Posted by mwto View Post

No, I don't like Arceus either. On a related note -

Am I only the one who hates almost all Normal types?

Quote Originally Posted by LanguageSponge View Post

Hmm, maybe. I mean, I hate weak Normal Pokémon (this sounds like something Silver would say) like Raticate, Linoone, Bidoof, Watchog, etc. However, there are some very good Normal-typed Pokémon like Snorlax, Miltank, Blissey, Slaking and many others.

Am I the only one around here who has never gotten an Event Pokémon? D:

Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LanguageSponge View Post

Hmm, maybe. I mean, I hate weak Normal Pokémon (this sounds like something Silver would say) like Raticate, Linoone, Bidoof, Watchog, etc. However, there are some very good Normal-typed Pokémon like Snorlax, Miltank, Blissey, Slaking and many others.

Am I the only one around here who has never gotten an Event Pokémon? D:
    Well, I will be getting Black/White 2 soon when it's released in Europe, so one of my goals will be to try out one of those many Normal-types that I'd normally just ignore. You are also not the only one here who hasn't got an Event Pokémon - I haven't either.

Related to my reply above, am I the only one who, upon the release of a new Pokémon game or upon starting a new save file, sets goals to try Pokémon/types/strategies I haven't tried before?

LS

I'm a servant of the lord Midorikawa's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

@LanguageSponge; @Anser; Mind deleting the quote of me from your quote pyramid next time. I keep getting the notification from it, also I'll be starting a new game and trying new pokemon as well.

Am I the only one that makes sure to have at least 5 potions and 5 of every status things on me at all times?

mwto, no problem. Regarding your question, this is something I try to remember to do, but I am always caught short, and it's usually by poison or burn. I always used to forget to stock up on Antidotes before going into Mount Moon, and back then I couldn't be bothered to train all that hard, and usually got poisoned by either the Super Nerd's Koffing or, if I was playing on Yellow, James's Koffing/Jessie's Ekans on the way out. Consequently, I'd sometimes black out.

Am I the only one around here who used to get lost in Mount Moon? :P

No problem, @mwto. Sorry about that!

@LanguageSponge No, you're not. I also got lost at the Rock Tunnel, which is worse because it's completely dark, and I refused to spend one of my Pokémon's move slots in useless Flash.

Am I the only one who doesn't like to use any legendary Pokémon in competitive battling?

Anser, no you're not, I don't like using legendaries in competitive battling either. In fact, I've only ever used one legendary very often at all - that was my Dialga, which for some reason was my favourite legendary. I got lost in Rock Tunnel so many times and for so many hours each time that even after not going through the tunnel for years now, I could definitely still get through it without Flash without any problem even now. But it took me dozens of navigations of getting horribly lost to get to that point.

Am I the only one around here who doesn't want to see the basic game formula changed? I'm more than fine with the 8 Gyms + Elite Four and Champion setting... If anything I would add two or four more Gyms, but that's about it.

Visit pocketmonstersredandgreen's Youtube Channel

Am I the only one who thinks using legendary Pokemon during the main story line is just annoying?

Anser, I agree with you completely, except I wouldn't add anymore gyms to the region itself, but I'd do the G/S thing and possibly add the previous gen region after you beat the E4, but I don't really care if anyone does that or not.
    Last edited by Zeb; 5th September 2012 at 08:12 AM. Reason: merge

Quote Originally Posted by pocketmonstersredandgreen View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks using legendary Pokemon during the main story line is just annoying?
    No, you're not. I hated having to have used Reshiram manditorily in the battle against N in Black. I wanted to use the team that accompanied me through the whole story so I could end it with them, and I had to leave my Beartic out of the battle >:(

Quote Originally Posted by pocketmonstersredandgreen View Post
    Anser, I agree with you completely, except I wouldn't add anymore gyms to the region itself, but I'd do the G/S thing and possibly add the previous gen region after you beat the E4, but I don't really care if anyone does that or not.
    This would be amazing as well!

Am I the only one who has never used chains, Masuda method or anything when catching shiny Pokémon? Mine have appeared naturally.

Blog Entries

Am I the only one who think Whitney is a joke? The game not only gives you a female Machop, but Miltank can also not scratch Geodude, and if you have neither of those, you can buy X Items and use them while Clefairy is out.

Still the Unova Champion in my book.

Video Games Modegator GatoRage's Avatar Moderator
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Follow GatoRage on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Signas View Post
    Am I the only one who think Whitney is a joke? The game not only gives you a female Machop, but Miltank can also not scratch Geodude, and if you have neither of those, you can buy X Items and use them while Clefairy is out.
    She could be tough back in the GSC days (or maybe I just wasn't as good or strategic when I was younger...) but yeah, I've never had any trouble with Whitney in the remakes though. She's a piece of cake if you paralyze her Miltank and spam Sand-Attack on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Destiny Queen View Post
    Am I the only one who used the Elite4 as my level grinding punching bag?

Am I the only one who deliberately lost to certain trainers to fight them again?
    I do this. Every single time. I was kinda annoyed for some reason when I beat the Unova E4 on my first try when I was only testing them out to gain levels... :I

Quote Originally Posted by Anser View Post
    ... Am I the only one around here who doesn't care about getting shiny Pokémon at all?
    I don't really like shiny Pokmon. I've only caught one ever but I don't like the shiny colors in most cases so I don't really care. I would never "shiny hunt" as people call it (basically look hours on end specifically for a shiny) because I'd rather just find them randomly.

Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast