Aesthetics and Graphics - Page 38

Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
Results 556 to 570 of 671
Like Tree707Likes

Thread: Aesthetics and Graphics

  1. #556
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: Aesthetics and Graphics

    Quote Originally Posted by johnpoke View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
    Not that what the person is saying is true or untrue, but I wouldn't take an anonymous representative's words at face value.
    im not taking the reps word im taking Giancarlos word hes someone who doesnt mislead anyone. but yes you are right the rep may be lying or doesnt know what he/she is talking about
    Giancarloparimango is literally one of the least reliable sources of info and he has deceived people on multiple occasions
    The_Doctor likes this.

  2. #557
    Nice weather we're having SirOni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Yes
    Posts
    844
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Aesthetics and Graphics

    Is this the right thread for this? I guess it's the best one that works.

    Anyway Youtube personalities BalrogTheMaster and NintendoFanFTW attended PAX and talked about what they know about X and Y. The only new information they could give us was that when the 3D is turned on the frame rate falls by a lot and that the D-pad allows you to run while the circle pad allows you to skate. Pokemon talk starts at 2:00.

    PAX WRAP UP #2 FT. PeanutButterGamer, BalrogTheMaster, NintendoFanFTW - YouTube
    Caro: 0774-4484-9102


    IGN: Antonio

    URPG:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f401/cerony-urpg-66373/

  3. #558
    Get Wild Rainbow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,239

    Visit Rainbow's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: Aesthetics and Graphics

    Well...that's kinda dumb. Just more reason for me to avoid the 3D feature.
    avatar signature

  4. #559
    Doc Octillery FTW VeggiePopper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Silent Bridge
    Posts
    4,489
    Blog Entries
    1
    Follow VeggiePopper On Twitter

    Default Re: Aesthetics and Graphics

    All of this makes me think Game Freak made XY with the 2DS in mind, Nintendo made the 2DS for XY, or both.

    Especially when you see the new, tablet-like Pokédex, doesn't it look like a tablet, just like the 2DS? Keeping up with the tradition of everynew Pokédex resembling the handheld it is released for.


    Pt: 5285 3562 3697- Veggie
    SS: 5156 5108 0540- Dany
    B1: 0175 8413 2944- Popper
    B2: 1163 7552 4502- Jonatan
    3DS: 1418-6718-4136

  5. #560
    (-, - )…zzzZZZ Reila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    4,370
    Blog Entries
    59

    Default Re: Aesthetics and Graphics

    There are quite a few 3DS games that suffer from frame rate drops when the 3D effect is turned on, which makes me think that making 3D the selling point of 3DS games was a very stupid choice, but that is a bit off-topic. My point is, the fact the frame rate suffers when the 3D effect is active, doesn't mean the games were developed with the 2DS in mind. Street Fighter 4, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Donkey Kong Country Returns and some other games also suffer from frame rate or graphical issues, so it is a common problem with 3DS games in general. Gladly, I don't care about the effect and I will certainly play the games without turning it on, so it is not a big deal to me.

  6. #561
    Registered User johnpoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    246

    Default Re: Aesthetics and Graphics

    remember that this is the demo so the fps could be fixed by the release

  7. #562
    Miss me? Regiruler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Blossom City
    Posts
    1,481
    Blog Entries
    16

    Default Re: Aesthetics and Graphics

    I am more concerned about the overworld lacking 2D, although the framerate drop is news to me. I think they should have delayed it until they were able to work the issues out, assuming it isn't just an issue with the demo.

  8. #563
    Keeper of Time Ange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Temporal Dimension
    Posts
    737
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Aesthetics and Graphics

    sept_bank_p5_01_afawg.jpg

    More Pokemon menu icons! I love them all, they look very detailed and accurate.

    Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate
    Avatar drawn by me.

  9. #564
    The Original Sylveon The Guardian Sylveon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Snowbelle City
    Posts
    716
    Blog Entries
    22

    Default Re: Aesthetics and Graphics

    Something I noticed...



    What do you guys think? I will say now that I doubt its a drastic gender difference (ala Hippowdon) simply because I don't think that is something they would do for an early bug. So far we have only seen a Male Vivillon in one of the trailers...


    Team Eeveelution All The Way!!!

  10. #565
    Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Straight Outta Africa
    Posts
    3,178

    Default Re: Aesthetics and Graphics

    It's because the second one is a Butterfree.

  11. #566
    Archosaur Enthusiast Spikeheila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    804
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Aesthetics and Graphics

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatLiver View Post
    It's because the second one is a Butterfree.
    Except butterfree doesn't have a flair to the top of it's wings like in that picture. That's a Vivillon

    Electric Friend Safari: Luxio, Electabuzz, Pachirisu.

  12. #567
    Keeper of Time Ange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Temporal Dimension
    Posts
    737
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Aesthetics and Graphics

    Quote Originally Posted by GreatLiver View Post
    It's because the second one is a Butterfree.
    That doesn't seem to be the case.

    They both use the exact same sprite, which is Vivillon's sprite, and Vivillon and Butterfree have different wing shapes altogether. The second sprite doesn't have Butterfree's color palette either, and if one looks close enough, its feet are striped.

    Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate
    Avatar drawn by me.

  13. #568
    Registered User SamurottMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Swimming to Kalos
    Posts
    115
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Aesthetics and Graphics

    Quote Originally Posted by The Guardian Sylveon View Post
    Something I noticed...



    What do you guys think? I will say now that I doubt its a drastic gender difference (ala Hippowdon) simply because I don't think that is something they would do for an early bug. So far we have only seen a Male Vivillon in one of the trailers...

    Vivillon's wings had a secret, right? What if Vivillon has other forms with different colors. Just guessing
    Last edited by SamurottMan; 4th September 2013 at 11:26 AM.
    YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID!

  14. #569
    Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Posts
    21,995
    Blog Entries
    199
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

    Default Re: Aesthetics and Graphics

    Vivillon that all have different colored wings would be nice. I kinda would like to see more of that, a bit of a color difference on normal Pokemon, but shinies would still be rare.

  15. #570
    Keeper of Time Ange's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Temporal Dimension
    Posts
    737
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: Aesthetics and Graphics

    The fact that we seem to have a Vivillon with Butterfree-like wings makes me wonder if we'll get a case of mimicry here, which is commonly seen in insects in the real world (including butterflies).

    I do hope that is the case, that would be really fun.

    Claims: Dialga | Multitype | Judgment | Adamant Orb | Draco Plate
    Avatar drawn by me.

Page 38 of 45 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •