Actual cycle of daily life in-game? Read first post - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Actual cycle of daily life in-game? Read first post

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Default Re: Actual cycle of daily life in-game?

Quote Originally Posted by supermanda View Post
    The idea is nice, but the reality would probably be a huge pain in the ass. Someone above mentioned Dark/Ghost gyms being open only after 6pm. It sounds nice and cool to the theme of the gym, but how fun would it be if you had to wait? Especially if you're already prepared to win that badge. You can't continue on ahead without winning a battle against gym leaders. It just wouldn't work well.
    Not the gyms, of course - nothing directly related to the main storyline playthrough would be affected by real-time effects. Just some markets or private homes, workplaces, NPC movements - maybe some side-quests or mini-games as well.

Blog Entries

Follow Owain on Tumblr

Default Re: Actual cycle of daily life in-game? Read first post

I agree with this feature being cool, but not if it inhibits a gamer's experience, so, gyms can't have limitations, obviously, and by which case, how would you explain the gym staying open 24/7 when other businesses aren't? Does the gym leader need no sleep because they're the epitome of awesome?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Serperior View Post
    I agree with this feature being cool, but not if it inhibits a gamer's experience, so, gyms can't have limitations, obviously, and by which case, how would you explain the gym staying open 24/7 when other businesses aren't? Does the gym leader need no sleep because they're the epitome of awesome?
    Yes. Either that or when you come in, the door sets off an alarm in the gym leader's bedroom, and while you're doing the puzzle, the gym leader is getting dressed and preparing for the battle. Oh, and the gym leader's room is in the gym, somewhere around where they're supposed to stand. Or they could just sleep in the open and you have to wake them up, like Caitlin (Unova Elite 4).
    In the nighttime the puzzles might be more complicated, because it takes longer for them to get up, but that might be stretching it.
    Really stubborn gym leaders who like their beauty sleep would have more complicated puzzles, as they're not that easy to wake up.
    Yato and Owain like this.

Not even my final form GreatLiver's Avatar

I would hate it. I'm not going to dictate my real life just to play a pokemon game, so I'd only ever be doing things at night for the most part. It works for games like Animal Crossing were there isn't a story and it's just a sim. Not for something like pokemon.
    The Outrage likes this.

Simpler times ahead
    Blog Entries

I would like it along with a super hard mode. Maybe even limit the gyms to operate at certain times of the day or night. Like have a dark type that's only open after 10pm, or have a grass gym only open during the afternoon, for those peak times when the sun's the birghtest.
    "Funneh bunneh and the dammut Bahamut go on an adventure!"-Chespin Circa 2009

I sure was funner back then, possibly even stupider....

Blog Entries
    Add Hedface on Facebook
    Visit Hedface's Youtube Channel

I don't like that idea, mainly for selfish reasons - I work second shift at my place of work, and consequently that is the usual time that I play. I'm not awake during the normal hours that most are and I'm up and at 'em until around 3 in the morning. I would never be able to access some of those places unless I deprived myself of precious sleep!

Jumping on the Fenne-Bandwagon

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I am gone 7 to 3 every day Monday to Friday. That does not leave me with a lot of play time, now does it? So eh, not the best idea.

Y am I this strong? Mega Uncle Edit Y's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As making certain shops accessable at certain times of the day, having people be at places at certain times, etc., can make a game feel more life-like, I accept the concept. I don't know if it'll ever be done in Pokemon, but you'll never know.

Gonna have to say I don't like the idea. I am also a night player, so the morning/early afternoon stuff would be hard for me.

Unless the days were only like 6 hours long, I don't see this being a good idea...

Quote Originally Posted by jibbyjackjoe View Post
    Gonna have to say I don't like the idea. I am also a night player, so the morning/early afternoon stuff would be hard for me.

Unless the days were only like 6 hours long, I don't see this being a good idea...
    Couldn't you just change the time on your DS if you wanted to do early morning/afternoon stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by jibbyjackjoe View Post

Yeah, it reminds me of how you had to find and then call certain gym leaders at certain times to make an appointment to battle in HGSS. For someone at college 5 days a week that was the biggest pain in the butt EVAH. It took me 2 weeks to find all the damn leaders, and then another 2 just to assemble everyone in the dojo. And after all that fuss I didn't want to battle them, because I knew the little buggers would run off and I'd have to call them again -___-

It's a great and fun idea in theory, but in practice it's not a good idea to punish players for not having access to the game 24/7.

Something less specific, like certain trainers being nocturnal, surely wouldn't be that much of a problem though, would it? Gyms, no, but a spooky trainer class that only comes out at night might be cool...
    Owain likes this.

I breed egg move pokes & DW females.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12