Abyssal Ruins - Connection to X an Y?

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Forest Spirit
  • 1 Post By Heatmor C. Dawson

Thread: Abyssal Ruins - Connection to X an Y?

Soul of the Trees Forest Spirit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Forest Spirit on Google+

Default Abyssal Ruins - Connection to X an Y?

The Ruins of Undella Bay...

There is and intersting coincidence here with the 'X', the 'Y', the 'Z', and the '?'.Possibly a relation to the new games. What do you guys think?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Abyssal Ruins - Connection to X an Y?

They aren't actually the letters X, Y, and Z. Those are supposed to be symbols.

You can read more about it in this topic. But essentially the Abyssal Ruins plot is a bit of a mess, and probably won't be expanded on anytime soon.

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

Soul of the Trees Forest Spirit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Forest Spirit on Google+

Yes, but the Abyssal Ruins are interpereted many different ways, by many different people. The story of the ruins doesn't exactly fit that of the legends from the time of the relics. Unless you qualify it to the Main story of black and white, but the artifacts don't fit that, and where did the writing come from?

My point is that it doesn't fit the main story or legends of any of the EXISTING regions. That leads me to believe that it could be referring to and/or foreshadowing the main story or backstory of a gmae yet to come.

If you use the translations and alphabet from the thread I found, with the symbols as X, Y Z, and ?, it seems that those charaters fit with X and Y a little too well for my liking. Like i said,, I think the Abyssal Ruins foreshadow a game yet to come, X an Y are interpereted characters, and X and Y are games that the fans know nothing for sure of the main story or legends of X and Y.
    Charazemma likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fyre Byrd View Post
    My point is that it doesn't fit the main story or legends of any of the EXISTING regions. That leads me to believe that it could be referring to and/or foreshadowing the main story or backstory of a gmae yet to come.
    You're right about that. But considering Game Freak's track record with unanswered mysteries, there is no telling when the Abyssal Ruins will be addressed, if ever. Don't make the mistake of assuming that they necessarily have something up their sleeve.

If you use the translations and alphabet from the thread I found, with the symbols as X, Y Z, and ?, it seems that those charaters fit with X and Y a little too well for my liking.
    How so? Someone merely used X, Y, Z and ? as convenient placeholders for the actual symbols, which obviously can't be typed. It was a poor choice since the actual alphabet letters are denoted by separate symbols.

B2W2 were somewhat helpful in that they replaced the symbols with redacted letters:

King defeated ●●●●● alone
    ●●●●● joined King in a day
    King called ●●●●● beings
    King is hope and future
    The great King ●●●●●●●●
    Note that Xerneas and Yveltal don't fit as their English names consist of more than five letters. In case you're wondering, here is a direct (non-localized) translation of the original Japanese text:

The King got rid of ●●●● alone.
    ●●●● soon became the king's ally.
    The king called ●●●● living creatures.
    The king is our hope, and is our future.
    Here the great king ●●●●● is praised.
    This time there are four redacted letters in each of the three cases that could pertain to Pokémon. Xerneas and Yveltal's Japanese names consist of five letters.

What does fit the last line in both English and Japanese is the name "Harmonia".
    Last edited by Silktree; 7th April 2013 at 12:09 AM.

Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyre Byrd View Post
    You're right about that. But considering Game Freak's track record with unanswered mysteries, there is no telling when the Abyssal Ruins will be addressed, if ever. Don't make the mistake of assuming that they necessarily have something up their sleeve.

If you use the translations and alphabet from the thread I found, with the symbols as X, Y Z, and ?, it seems that those charaters fit with X and Y a little too well for my liking.
    How so? Someone merely used X, Y, Z and ? as convenient placeholders for the actual symbols, which obviously can't be typed. It was a poor choice since the actual alphabet letters are denoted by separate symbols.

B2W2 were somewhat helpful in that they replaced the symbols with redacted letters:

King defeated ●●●●● alone
    ●●●●● joined King in a day
    King called ●●●●● beings
    King is hope and future
    The great King ●●●●●●●●
    Note that Xerneas and Yveltal don't fit as their English names consist of more than five letters. In case you're wondering, here is a direct (non-localized) translation of the original Japanese text:

The King got rid of ●●●● alone.
    ●●●● soon became the king's ally.
    The king called ●●●● living creatures.
    The king is our hope, and is our future.
    Here the great king ●●●●● is praised.
    This time there are four redacted letters in each of the three cases that could pertain to Pokémon. Xerneas and Yveltal's Japanese names consist of five letters.

What does fit the last line in both English and Japanese is the name "Harmonia".
    Reshiram and Zekrom don't fit, either. Though they do in Japanese.

I don't think there's any reference to Xerneas/Yveltal inside Abyssal Ruins. I think [X] and [Y] are just Reshiram/Zekrom (or inverse), no matter the number of characters. But I think the Original Dragon will apear somehow in Gen VI.

Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

Berry Incinerator Heatmor C. Dawson's Avatar

I always thought the Abyssal Ruins were for getting Relic loot and elemental Plates. I can't see them having any sort of connection with X and Y.
    Charazemma likes this.