SPECULATION: 6 gen Stadium?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 6 gen Stadium?

Blog Entries

Default 6 gen Stadium?

I was just thinking about how Stadium 2 allowed Gen 1 players to battle with Gen 2 players in Gen 2 mode and even let RGBY players use held items.
    Another Stadium seems more likely now since ORAS and XY aren't fully compatible with eachother.
    It could also be 5th and maybe even 4th gen compatible.
    It could also include the Lab features from Stadium providing an offline alternative to Pokemon Bank as well as an alternative way to conduct cross gen migration/trading.
    Last edited by Snugglefox; 25th October 2014 at 07:28 PM.

Pokémon Truth Tea Pourer BlackButterfree's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow BlackButterfree On Twitter Add BlackButterfree on Facebook Add BlackButterfree on MySpace
    Follow BlackButterfree on Tumblr Visit BlackButterfree's Youtube Channel

Default Re: 6 gen Stadium?

If it had backwards compatibility with Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Fire Red, Leaf Green, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold, Soul Silver, Black, White, Black 2 and White 2, then I wouldn't mind having a game that connected X, Y, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. ^_^

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Blog Entries

It would be good if there was local multiplayer but I doubt this since the sub-series is allegedly on hiatus but sadly on the Pokémon storage part, Nintendo seems to be more focused on Pokémon Bank since it's a service for cash, which I personally won't use because I will not spend money on this application because I preferred the old Pokémon transfer methods.
    My sons will feast on your corpse.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BlackButterfree View Post
    If it had backwards compatibility with Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Fire Red, Leaf Green, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold, Soul Silver, Black, White, Black 2 and White 2, then I wouldn't mind having a game that connected X, Y, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. ^_^
    3rd gen would be very unlikely due to the differently shaped cartridges (if they went with the Transfer Pak route which they should) and I'm not sure if the Wii U can operate on a GBA Wireless Adapter frequency (if they went with the wireless communications route which lead to many features being cut or less effective in BR)

Looking at the comments of the link Bolt posted suggests there isn't much interest to buy a new one unfortunately.
    Even though Stadium does have a lot to offer battles other than just being in 3D and has plenty of other features that contribute to being my most played Pokemon games. The general public overlooks all that and just isn't going to buy it.

That being said, in this current generation Nintendo has done a great job at at giving in depth information of games though Directs.
    And the points I listed at the start of this thread could make good selling points especially if Nintendo/GameFreak promotes them well.
    And I bet I'm not the only one who was disappointed they scrapped the Pokedex 3D textures for cel shaded textures in XY.
    They can also throw in other incentives like bringing back the Pikachu's Surf Move Tutor and a Diance or Mew or something.

Addressing Boshi's post: They did say Pokemon Bank's (very cheap) subscription fee is mainly for maintenance, and considering how many people just use it a few times and then stop using it with their data still on the server I wouldn't be surprised if they start losing money on it in a couple of years.
    So I imagine they wouldn't mind giving Wii U owners an offline solution.
    Last edited by Snugglefox; 26th October 2014 at 05:11 AM.

Blog Entries

Well if they actually make this hypothetical Pokémon Stadium with possible storage it would be a reason to buy a Wii U, but I hope it happens since many Pokémon fans (that don't already got the console) might be hyped for the Wii U just because of the hypothetical new Pokémon Stadium game, But nevertheless I really want this to happen but there are certainly more important things in the world.
    My sons will feast on your corpse.

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Why would they even use Stadium for transferring in the first place? You'd need to waste $300 on a Wii U on top of the cost of the game just to transfer your Pokemon, it would be a huge waste of money.

Pokémon Truth Tea Pourer BlackButterfree's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow BlackButterfree On Twitter Add BlackButterfree on Facebook Add BlackButterfree on MySpace
    Follow BlackButterfree on Tumblr Visit BlackButterfree's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Snugglefox View Post
    And I bet I'm not the only one who was disappointed they scrapped the Pokedex 3D textures for cel shaded textures in XY.
    I've been complaining about the bleached colors of the Pokémon since X and Y came out... It's Jessie's hair in the anime all over again (it used to be crimson red, and it's been deep magenta for like a decade now...)

In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Why would they even use Stadium for transferring in the first place? You'd need to waste $300 on a Wii U on top of the cost of the game just to transfer your Pokemon, it would be a huge waste of money.
    On top of the fact that we have a $5 yearly service.

They've stopped Stadium-like games in Gen V, long before 3D graphics. I had honestly thought them useless in Gen IV because we already had the Battle Frontier and PBR's sales reflected a lack of interest in battle simulator games. It says a lot when it couldn't succeed on a Wii, and people think they'll do it for the WiiU?

Unless 3D graphics disappear, and unless Game Freak has purposely left out the Battle Frontier, I don't really see what a Stadium Game has to offer. You can use all the Mega Stones in ORAS, so if you want to play with the current online metagame, your choices are (and I'll be generous and assume you have a WiiU) to simply buy ORAS or buy a $60 game (plus ORAS, because I assume if you want to play the current metagame, you want the current Mega Stones).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post
    Because I already have a Wii U and prefer not to store my Pokemon to a server and battles are more exiting on a TV screen with an announcer, Stadium/Pokedex3D style textures and attack animations, moves that miss still being launched and Blastoise using it's cannons.

As I will always say, Stadium and Stadium 2 are the best and only games where battles were actually epic (PBR was a very half hearted attempt to revive it though DS battle mode was a good way to play Gen 4 multiplayer at least).
    @Outrage, A lot of people have stated they don't want ORAS for one reason (certain XY features removed) or another (certain RS/E features removed/ruined).
    Last edited by Snugglefox; 26th October 2014 at 08:18 PM.

In glorious technicolor The Outrage's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Snugglefox View Post
    @Outrage, A lot of people have stated they don't want ORAS for one reason (certain XY features removed) or another (certain RS/E features removed/ruined).
    And a lot more don't own a Wii U, and I doubt they'll generate enough sales to justify a game. So tell me, when its two choices of things you don't want (ORAS or a WiiU), which one do you think they'll buy to keep up with the current metagame? The one with the lower price tag. That's not even going into the fact that a WiiU game will also have certain XY and RSE features absent by virtue of being a Stadium Game and not a main series game. Kind of weird point to make.

The Pokemon Console games have never been ones to sell consoles. In fact, its amazing that a game tied to the most successful handheld console and home console couldn't sell. Here's DP's sales. Here's PBR sales. The WiiU needs games that'll make people want to buy it, and the evidence is lacking at the moment. More people will buy ORAS than they will a Wii U Stadium game based on past trends (see sales on the other remakes: FrLg, HgSs) and the sheer fact that there was more demand for it than another Stadium game.

A related point, even if it makes some people buy a WiiU, it'll be Pokemon fans. There is no use in buying a Stadium game without a handheld game and pre-existing Nintendo fans can be convinced into buying a WiiU in other ways (e.g., SSB, Mario Kart, Zelda games; Pokemon fans often overlap with these fandoms).
    Last edited by The Outrage; 26th October 2014 at 08:46 PM.

Blog Entries

It's not like it would be too expensive to make and noone's forcing them to sell it at a $60 price tag.
    They already have really good Pokemon models from the 3DS and just have to give them HD textures. Stages could be copied and updated from Stadium, Colosseum, PBR etc.
    Attacks on the other hand would probably need to be done from scratch mostly and they would need to rebuild the Stadium engine from scratch.

The most expensive part would probably be promoting it to people who haven't owned Stadium.

Blog Entries

There's no reason to do another Stadium game. As much as I enjoy playing Stadium 2 with TPP, it is and always will be a terrible game. The Stadium series never really made any sense back in the day and with the series being in full 3D, it makes even less sense today. The Stadium series relied on the fact that the Pokemon games were in 2D and it lacked the RPG aspect of Pokemon. It was just a boring simulator. Now another Shadow Pokemon game would certainly be welcome. With the power of the Wii U Orre could look stunning and would certainly be worth revisiting.
    FC is 1263 7145 9704 and Name is Drew.

Quote Originally Posted by DasManiac View Post
    The Stadium series never really made any sense back in the day
    How did it not make sense? I don't think it should be revived and we basically know that it won't, but I fail to see how it wasn't a welcome addition in the first two generations.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DasManiac View Post
    The Stadium series never really made any sense back in the day
    How did it not make sense? I don't think it should be revived and we basically know that it won't, but I fail to see how it wasn't a welcome addition in the first two generations.
    Because it was just battles. There was no RPG element to it and the movesets were horrid. Unevolved Pokemon were great and fully evolved were awful. Houndoom had freaking Ember and stuff like Suicune were stuck with horrible movesets. Not to mention Pokemon's base stats were modified. Did anyone actually enjoy those games?
    FC is 1263 7145 9704 and Name is Drew.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast