3DS Feature Theory Thread

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3DS Feature Theory Thread

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Default 3DS Feature Theory Thread

Okay, so by now we know quite a few features of the upcoming MoneyPrinter 3-I mean, Nintendo 3DS. Some of them sound quite amazing; but how can they work with a future Pokémon title? Go on, post some of your ideas.

My ideas:

StreetPass:
    - Pokédex Completion. Say Player A doesn't have a Tornadus in his Pokédex but has caught a Thundurus. Player B doesn't have a Thundurus in his Pokédex but has caught a Tornadus. When Player A and Player B cross paths with their 3DS consoles in sleep mode, the Pokédexes exchange information, so now Player A has seen Tornadus, and Player B has seen Thundurus, allowing them to search on the Global Terminal for them.
    - Mixing Records. Need I say more?

StreetPass / Game Coins:
    Built in PokéWalker. Seriously, wouldn't that be awesome? Also, maybe, the Pokémon you put in the built-in PokéWalker can battle with those you meet using StreetPass; giving more experience points?

SpotPass:
    - Pokémon Events. Simple enough; rather than having to manually access the Mystery Gift menu, the game automatically connects and downloads the events. As for WonderCard limitations; Black and White having many more spaces wouldn't make this such a problem.
    - Event Pokémon. Now, I was talking to my brother earlier, and he said it's disappointing that event Pokémon get leaked before the events. With the 3DS, wouldn't it be possible for the games to come without the event Pokémon programmed in; however, when they do become available, SpotPass updates the game to include data on the Pokémon. For those without a Wi-Fi Connection; real-life places that offer event Pokémon could have devices that set off SpotPass (Like a Wireless Connection xD). Thus, making them true "Event Pokémon".

Circle Pad:
    Diagonal.Movement.

D-Pad:
    Use the Circle Pad for movement, but have the D-Pad to control camera angles?

Anyone got other ideas?

Blog Entries

Default Re: 3DS Feature Theory Thread

mmm.....I never had a problem with the camera angles but since everything is going 3D I guess it would be cool to have that option. Also I like your streetpass idea :D

Registered Poké-Addict Strato Lucario's Avatar

Augmented Reality! (fanfare)

Sony have already beaten Nintendo to it with Invizanimals. I want to see an AR based Pokemon game. The problem with InVizAni is the gameplay doesn't stand up after the AR gimmick has worn off (that and a nonsensical type matchup system). Pokemon has a solid battling system, sooooooo......
    "I bought the Christian version of Pokemon the other day. But for some reason, my Pokemon won't evolve..."- Anonymous.

Blog Entries

Ultimately depends on the visuals really. Will the game appear to be similar to B/W in terms of movement? Then the D-Pad will be used to control. Is the game entirely 3D similar to Colosseum or XD? Then the slide pad will be used. Overall though I don't think Game Freak is going to ditch the overhead view like that, so the D-Pad will probably be how it controls (I could be wrong though).

"Welcome, my comrades, to my frozen abyss.~"
    Anime Characters Claimed: Mighty, Shirobon, Shout (Bomberman Jetters)

Offline for a while HexagonStephen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I do like the street pass ideas and the built in PokeWalker, but diagonal movement and camera movement seem unnecessary. Has anyone had a problem with the camera position or up/down/left/right only movement?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HexagonStephen View Post
    I do like the street pass ideas and the built in PokeWalker, but diagonal movement and camera movement seem unnecessary. Has anyone had a problem with the camera position or up/down/left/right only movement?
    Well, it depends with what GameFreak will be going for in terms of graphics. I mean, even the birds-eye view could be a thing of the past (Castellia City for example). Hopefully, rather than improving the graphics, GF focus on making bigger cities.

Blog Entries

I do not want diagonal movement.

It made the sprites in ranger look weird...

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I want it to print money for me.
    The circle pad could be used for DPad too, like Colo/XD. Or it might be cam + D pad like on the PSP for say PSP2 or Monster Hunter.
    Last edited by Gligar13; 3rd February 2011 at 11:58 AM.
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

Registered Poké-Addict Strato Lucario's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gligar13 View Post
    Yes. Yes you do.

Now, about diagonal movement..... I don't really see the point. The square-based system works fine, and as someone once said "If it ain't broken, don't fix it".

I like the idea of 'seeing' Pokemon via Streetpass. I never got why the Pokedex's could never update each other.
    "I bought the Christian version of Pokemon the other day. But for some reason, my Pokemon won't evolve..."- Anonymous.

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

That idea that the game jut automatically downloads the events is super win. You would never miss the wi-fi event since the system would essentially take care of it for you.

Honestly for some weird reason i approve of the idea that the event pokemon not being orignally programmed. This would take care of hacking them, and honestly im surprised that GF hasnt done this already. Technically we arent supposed to know they exist until TCPi/ Nintendo reveals them. Wouldnt that be a surprise? A Pokemon added to the game for an event that wasnt there before? That would actually be pretty cool

Plasbad for short Minimiscience's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny Celebi View Post
    That idea that the game jut automatically downloads the events is super win. You would never miss the wi-fi event since the system would essentially take care of it for you.

Honestly for some weird reason i approve of the idea that the event pokemon not being orignally programmed. This would take care of hacking them, and honestly im surprised that GF hasnt done this already. Technically we arent supposed to know they exist until TCPi/ Nintendo reveals them. Wouldnt that be a surprise? A Pokemon added to the game for an event that wasnt there before? That would actually be pretty cool
    No, it would make hacking even worse, as hackers could then create their own über-über event Pokémon without having to rewrite the game. Even ignoring hacking, in order for event Pokémon to be tradeable, the games would have to transfer over all of the species' information if the receiving playing hadn't unlocked it, which could be time-consuming and prone to errors.
    I fear naught but save file corruption.

Pearl FC: 0303 6397 4251
    HeartGold FC: 0260 6900 8265
    Black FC: 0819 3491 8420

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gligar13 View Post
    Anyone mind telling me how this whole "prints money" thing started with the DS?

"Welcome, my comrades, to my frozen abyss.~"
    Anime Characters Claimed: Mighty, Shirobon, Shout (Bomberman Jetters)

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

^^
    Someone made a satirical picture of the DS doing this:

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

And then it became a meme.

It originated here, back when the DS was new. Now there are variations of it with the 3ds and Wii, and it was used a lot whenever Wii sales were announced.
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Minimiscience View Post
    No, it would make hacking even worse, as hackers could then create their own über-über event Pokémon without having to rewrite the game. Even ignoring hacking, in order for event Pokémon to be tradeable, the games would have to transfer over all of the species' information if the receiving playing hadn't unlocked it, which could be time-consuming and prone to errors.
    Touché. Unless, what if the games specified a certain amount of slots for downloadable content? (For example, 3 Pokémon) so people would be discourage from creating Fakémon, as it would mean they wouldn't be able to get the real Pokémon?

As for trading. Wouldn't my StreetPass feature cover it? As soon as the two games are on, boom, they'd connect.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast