Zorua, Zoroark, Legendary, Mythical and Mirage Pokémon

View Poll Results: Opinion?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zorua and Zoroark are Legendary/Mirage Pokémo

9 20.00%
  • Zorua and Zoroark are normal Pokémon.

34 75.56%
  • A recategorisation of Legendary Pokémon is needed.

9 20.00%
  • A recategorisation of Legendary Pokémon is not needed.

10 22.22%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zorua, Zoroark, Legendary, Mythical and Mirage Pokémon

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

Default Zorua, Zoroark, Legendary, Mythical and Mirage Pokémon

Stemming from an interesting discussion I had with another administrator of the forum I help run. Do you think Zorua and Zoroark are legendary Pokémon?

Arguments For:
    - Only available by transferring over two Fateful Encounter Pokémon - Celebi (Zorua) and a Crown Beast (Zoroark). The only other Pokémon that was available through this method, and not clearly legendary was the Spiky-Eared Pichu in HeartGold/SoulSilver; although it was a special Pichu that couldn't evolve.
    - Although Zorua evolves into Zoroark; Generation IV introduced legendaries that could breed (Manaphy and Phione), so GameFreak could be doing the opposite.
    - There are arguments that the "Mirage Pokémon" tag mentioned below was only used in relation to Sinnoh Myths.
    - Although the HGSS guide mentions Phione is not a legendary, Pokémon.com did state it was a legendary, and Phione was banned from VGC09 and VGC10 - the latter only banning Mirage Pokémon.

Arguments Against:
    - Zorua evolves into Zoroark. No other legendary evolves.
    - If Zorua and Zoroark are Event Legendaries, than GameFreak would have had revealed three prior to the start of the generation, which would be crazy.
    - In Japan, Legendary Pokémon are split into three categories: "Maboroshi no Pokémon" (Illusionary Pokémon, such as Mew, Celebi etc), "Densetsu no Pokémon" (Legendary Pokémon, such as Groudon and Kyogre) and Shinwa no Pokémon (Mythical Pokémon, Pokémon who helped create Sinnoh). While previously, the three were combined in the West to become "Legendary Pokémon" Generation IV did begin to use the term "Mirage Pokémon" to possibly refer to Illusionary Pokémon.
    - The HeartGold and SoulSilver Kanto Guidebook apparently claims that Phione is not a legendary Pokémon due to its ability to reproduce.

So, do you consider Zoroark a Legendary? Do you agree with the Mirage Pokémon tag?
    Do you also think a reclassification is in order? For example:
    Legendary Pokémon: Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Latias, Latios, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Heatran, Regigigas, Cresselia.
    Mythical Pokémon: Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Reshiram, Zekrom.
    Mirage Pokémon: Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Zorua, Zoroark, Victini.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Zorua, Zoroark, Legendary, Mythical and Mirage Pokémon

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu Shoji View Post
    Stemming from an interesting discussion I had with another administrator of the forum I help run. Do you think Zorua and Zoroark are legendary Pokémon?

Arguments For:
    - Only available by transferring over two Fateful Encounter Pokémon - Celebi (Zorua) and a Crown Beast (Zoroark). The only other Pokémon that was available through this method, and not clearly legendary was the Spiky-Eared Pichu in HeartGold/SoulSilver; although it was a special Pichu that couldn't evolve.
    - Although Zorua evolves into Zoroark; Generation IV introduced legendaries that could breed (Manaphy and Phione), so GameFreak could be doing the opposite.
    - There are arguments that the "Mirage Pokémon" tag mentioned below was only used in relation to Sinnoh Myths.
    - Although the HGSS guide mentions Phione is not a legendary, Pokémon.com did state it was a legendary, and Phione was banned from VGC09 and VGC10 - the latter only banning Mirage Pokémon.

Arguments Against:
    - Zorua evolves into Zoroark. No other legendary evolves.
    - If Zorua and Zoroark are Event Legendaries, than GameFreak would have had revealed three prior to the start of the generation, which would be crazy.
    - In Japan, Legendary Pokémon are split into three categories: "Maboroshi no Pokémon" (Illusionary Pokémon, such as Mew, Celebi etc), "Densetsu no Pokémon" (Legendary Pokémon, such as Groudon and Kyogre) and Shinwa no Pokémon (Mythical Pokémon, Pokémon who helped create Sinnoh). While previously, the three were combined in the West to become "Legendary Pokémon" Generation IV did begin to use the term "Mirage Pokémon" to possibly refer to Illusionary Pokémon.
    - The HeartGold and SoulSilver Kanto Guidebook apparently claims that Phione is not a legendary Pokémon due to its ability to reproduce.

So, do you consider Zoroark a Legendary? Do you agree with the Mirage Pokémon tag?
    Do you also think a reclassification is in order? For example:
    Legendary Pokémon: Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Latias, Latios, Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Heatran, Regigigas, Cresselia.
    Mythical Pokémon: Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Reshiram, Zekrom.
    Mirage Pokémon: Mew, Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, Phione, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Zorua, Zoroark, Victini.
    No, I don't.
    This thread is basically pointless. There is no true definition to the word, legendary.
    Like I said in another thread, everyone has their own definition. I don't believe Rotom, Zorua, and Zoroark are legendaries.
    Hope you understand that.

Studying Greek Mythology. KronosClownz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think there not legendary but they might be.
    Mail me with new myth requests!... Credit to Fang for making this awesome banner

Eating too much chicken's bad, it gives you dandruff

Blog Entries

Zorua and Zoroark are obviously not legendary Pokemon. Their powers aren't that mind blowing and their powers are probably nowhere to that of the extent of legendaries. Game Freak just decided to be stupid and make the two Pokemon event exclusive.

And IMO, no recategorization of legendary Pokemon is needed.

AdvanceShipper Dawn Fan HeatTagShipper

Insert Witty Title Here Azure Butterfly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

They have average stats - they just happen to be event Pokemon. Notchy and PCP aren't legendaries, but you can only get them through events.

(And before someone rages at me, you could see Zoroark's stats in some of the screenshots. They were not very good. Lucario has better stats.)

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

So you'd categorise Zorua and Zoroark under Mirage Pokémon then?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu Shoji View Post
    So you'd categorise Zorua and Zoroark under Mirage Pokémon then?
    No, not exactly. I'd categorize them as regular Pokemon. Just really rare. Possibly to the point of being rumored mirage Pokemon.

AdvanceShipper Dawn Fan HeatTagShipper

Blog Entries

Normal Pokemon. Like Spiritomb and Rotom, they are normal, just really rare.
    CLAMIMED: Loves to eat!

I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Nope. There is no sign they are legends and I don't think they will be. If anything, I expect a gym leader or Elite member to have a Zoroark.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Blog Entries

I'd catagorize them as rare pokemon. Like Riolu and Lucario. Just rare.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Zorua and Zoroark are normal Pokemon who were given special roles in the 13 movie, just like Lucario did in the 8th movie.

Blog Entries

I did create a thread he day before this was created about reclassifying or creating a new term for the other legendaries.

You're stealing my non-existent thunder. Anyway, my opinions on the second half of this thread can be found there.

Of the people that said Zorua/Zoroark was a normal pokemon how many have one and are using this as an excuse to use it? btw I am.

Maybe not Legendary in the sense of being super powerful Pokemon, but they have a neat story and ability all right. o.o That could be said about a lot of non-legendary Pokemon too, though.

And not all Legendary Pokemon are super powerful. The bird/dog/lake/Regi trio come to mind for me. And Legendary Pokemon that aren't banned from Battle Tower/Frontier/Subway aren't that powerful either.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Christian Brutal Sniper! Dark Tranquillity's Avatar
    The Gallery, walking amongst the portraits. Where every picture holds a tale.

Quote Originally Posted by Zwampert View Post
    I'd catagorize them as rare pokemon. Like Riolu and Lucario. Just rare.
    That's exactly what I think!

I have a feeling that one of these days Zorua/Zoroark are going to be at the same level of awesomeness/cuteness as Riolu/Lucario.
    SS FC: 4984 7968 7958, Pt. FC: 2666 0837 1829
    Name for both: Ben, White FC: 1978 9611 8922 Name: Alexi

Claims:
    Force Palm, Nidoqueen, Maylene, Old Chateau, Magma Leader, Magmarizer, Great Ball, Heavy Metal

Fun fact:
    TM28 contains Tombstony!

"My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic" fans unite!
    http://www.everypony.com/forums/forum.php

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast