Your most obsessive Pokémon actions?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your most obsessive Pokémon actions?

Default Your most obsessive Pokémon actions?

I'll cut straight to the point. Have you ever done something that seems out of the ordinary to show your obsession? Yesterday, 10 years ago.... anything. I'm sure there are many great stories.

As for me, well.... I've loved Pokemon ever since my neighbor visited Japan. He brought me back a Pikachu capsule toy. This was a little after Pokémon had first come out in Japan, and obviously, neither the games or anime were in America yet. I instantly fell in love with the series and showed my obsession as much as possible. All of my friends thought it was stupid, but I was proud to be "the Pokémon master" when the games and anime were finally released. Anyway.... since I was (and still am) extremely obsessive compulsive, the 6 year old me decided to learn Japanese. By myself, for the sole purpose of watching new episodes in Japanese. Of course, not much progress was made in the first few years, but I eventually was able to watch the raw episodes. I now consider myself fluent in speaking the language, but am unable to write it. I know some kanji from taking Mandarin Chinese, but other than that, almost nothing. ....You're amazing if you read through all of that.

Anyway. Other actions include....
    -Bending spoons (with our hands) and running around my neighbour's house screaming "Abra! Kadabra! ALAKAZAM!"
    -Skipped school with a bunch of other kids to go see the first Pokémon movie
    -Claimed to have heard/seen a Mew in the sky after said movie was finished
    -Cried with joy and later sadness and then joy again during and after said movie
    -And during the second movie.
    -Wore my makeshift Ash cosplay outfit to school (and everywhere else); Pikachu plushie, Pokéballs, and "Dexter" included
    -Pretended that there was a Bulbasaur in the basement, a Zapdos flying outside, a Pikachu in my room, etc.
    -Tried to "feed" Pikachu from "Hey You, Pikachu!" a blue ice pop and stained part of the yellow "microphone puff" green
    -Wrote daily journal entries complete with drawings about Pokémon
    -Played Game Boy/Game Boy Colour nonstop
    -Bringing Pikachu and a GIANT Marill plushie along for plane rides (in Ash cosplay outfit) while getting strange looks from the flight attendants and passengers.... and having little kids ask me if I was Ash. XD
    -Saw Pokémon Live and attended way too many Pokémon events
    -Too addicted to SOVA
    -Painted Pokémon and Pokémon trainers all over my room (Mainly Ash)
    -Has comments about Ash in silver Sharpie all over my laptop for school
    -Won 2 Pikachu-soundalike contests
    -Is obsessed with voice acting- Ash (really bad), Pikachu, Duplica, other Pokémon
    -Used a whole bottle of "Got to be Glued" hair gel to get "Ash hair"
    -....And a whole lot more. Yay for being an obsessed child. XD

Just a reminder, this all happened when I was a child. 7 to 9 years old, or maybe a little longer. Well, enough about me. Why don't you share some of your own stories?
    Last edited by Keruri; 18th January 2007 at 07:54 AM.

Java Girl Barb's Avatar Retired Staff
    Blog Entries

I ate at Burger King a lot in order to get the Pokémon toys in their kids' meals back in 1999. One of my cats ate my stuffed Butterfree, and I lost the Tangela.

Does it count to spend saved money that was actually meant for paying drivers license on a flight to Japan?

Default My "charges"

Let's make a short list:

-Singing in-game music whenever I feel like it.
    -Saying Eevee and/or Eievui in excess.
    -Having a little Rayquaza charm (found here) attached to my Trapper-Keeper (most people actually like it though)
    -Linking anything possible to Pokémon (i.e. proteger in English is TM 17)
    -Having a game guide of Ruby and Sapphire in my head before I actually owned a GBA (didn't get one until August 2003, several months after R/S's release)

Will edit if I think of anything else...
    Last edited by PrimeCupEevee; 12th January 2007 at 05:40 PM.

Probably like many other fans, I like to daydream about a "perfect" Pokémon game or movie. When I happen to be bored, I also compose remixes of music in my head, doodle characters, or catalogue species in a text file. But only if I have time...:P
    "It's...it's like winning the lottery, without the taxes!"
    "Remember, the enemy's gate is down."
    "And like that...POW! I'm gone!"
    "Buh! Buh! Buh huh huh!"
    "You're doomed, you junior-varsity losers!"

I've probably done a lot of stuff that could be considered obsessive. When the movies were in theaters, I went to the earliest showing on the day it opened, making sure to get there VERY early just in case it was crowded. XD
    I also got a Toys R Us employee to take me into a secret room and let me buy the newly released jungle cards before they were really allowed to be sold. And... if you saw the amount of Pokemon stuff I've collected, you would probably consider it obsessive.

There's more. I just need to remember it. ^_-
    Yume <3 Heart
    Pokémon forever!

Proud Member of Pokémaniacs Anonymous
    Because growing old is inevitable, but growing up is optional.

Let's see...

From my first wave (before the period when I lost interest in Pokémon):

• Wore my Pokémon t-shirt almost everywhere
    • Could pretend I lived in the Pokémon world (XD)
    • Played the games nearly 24/7 when I get the chance
    • Had a wish to get every single Pokémon card then
    • Pestered my parents to buy some of the merchandise

Can't remember much else from this era...

Second wave (after my interest was rekindled):

• Amassed a collection of (currently) 311 Pokémon wallpapers of various kinds from various sources
    • Spent nearly S$30 on that Pokémon Movie book
    • Blew nearly S$90 on two Pokémon movie posters
    • Amassed an entire collection of Pokémon keychains, which was available only through "Gacha" machines
    • Went literally all over two new towns on two separate nights on my bicycle to hunt down Pokémon toys McDonald's was giving out through Happy Meal (I amassed the entire collection, by the way, and I collected it just because Lucario was in there) (XD)
    • Rounded the downtown area looking for a specific Pokémon merchandise
    • Took an express bus route (which charged higher-than-usual bus fares) to rush to a shopping mall to catch a Pokémon stage show (XDDD)
    • Spent an untold amount of money on various Pokémon figures

... *hides*

Blog Entries

Umm... there are a lot.

Does recognizing an edited screenshot count? I think so. XD

Also, spending $5 in a game machine just to get a TR card.
    Dressing for Halloween and cosplay.
    Folding 386 paper cranes for SOVA (and still not getting a reply -_-;;;)
    Probably tons more.
    I don't even like fruit smoothies. Give me a double-tall half-caf latte with foam any day.

DOES IT VIA COPY/PASTE Æsahættr's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hmm...Let's see...
    -Laughed extremly hard in the first pikachu short.
    -Cried during Pokemon: The First Movie.
    -Named my pet bird, Moltres.
    -(For a bet) Once ran around screaming "Char! Char!" with a 10ft length of flaming toilet paper trailing from the back of my trousers.
    -Bought 3 packets of cheese for the pokemon cards inside. (Dark Charmeleon, Oddish, and Imposter Proffessor Oak) Pokemon cards in cheese? WTF?
    -Nearly cried with happiness walking into Journey Accross Oz in Brisbane.
    -Cried with happiness after winning the Lucario movie on DVD at Journey Accross Oz. (What is the 251st pokemon in the pokedex? uhh...)
    -Once wrote a fic which amalgamated Dr. Who, Pokemon and His Dark Materials, with a Cameo appearance from Weird Al Yankovich.

Now would YOU ask me to stay and look after your small children?

Facebook | Twitter | LJ
    Quote Originally Posted by The Doctor
    One day, I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs, and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.

Blog Entries

This one time, I joined Pok&#233;mon forums and made posting at them part of my daily routine.
    Video Game Collection & Wishlist

IMPORTANT REMINDER:
    It's just the Internet. Calm down.

Blog Entries

I named my pet mouse after a Team Rocket member. (Attila/Buson. The mouse was called Attila.)

I also once dyed a white streak in my hair to look like Professor Sebastian to do a one-time cosplay. I was Sebastian and I conned my boyfriend into being Tyson. But I had no goatee...because being a female, I am incapable of growing one. My Sebastian costume was way cooler than his Tyson costume, though, because he half-assed it. D:<(see episode 1 of Pokemon Chronicles, also "Talkin' Bout an Evolution" and " Rage of Innocence"...or, you know, the guy in my avatar)

Also, I think being enraged by a half-assed Team Rocket cosplay uniform counts as being a little obsessive.

I also have a Charizard plush on proud display in my dorm room. It makes me cool that I have a Charizard toy at college.

I've bought every pokemon game ever created with the exception of Pokemon Ranger because I can't afford it yet.

That's all I can think of right now...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Azurill View Post
    Also, I think being enraged by a half-assed Team Rocket cosplay uniform counts as being a little obsessive.
    I think we can all agree that cosplay is my #1 obsessive action. For those who doubt me:
    James
    Domino
    Madam Boss (won't be doing it ever again, as no one really knew I was cosplaying)

Azurill, I demand pictures of Sebastian cosplay.

What else? Well:
    -I have 20+ plushies
    -A crapload of Pokemon figurines (including 2 sets of TR figures-thanks, Lisa!)
    -2 manga volumes
    -An original First Movie poster
    -More DVDs and tapes than you can shake a stick at
    -I draw James, Domino, and Sebastian in the margins of my notes at school. And on the assignments, too.

Also, if that's not enough, I joined the Winter Homecoming Planning Committee just to ensure a Cartoon Character Day during Winter Homecoming week so I could wear my glorious James costume to school. They ended up switching to "Disney Day" while I was getting a Dr. Pepper, but you know what? Screw that. (Besides, Miramax releasing the DVDs has to be a loophole... besides, showing up as James on a Disney day is such a Team Rocket thing to do, you know?)

I also have my own original Rocket character and daydream I'm her in my spare time. And I make Pokemon AMVs in my head while I'm listening to my MP3 player.

That obsessive enough?
    LJ~dA~R100~YT~Twitter~Facebook~Last.fm~Tumblr~Glacidia Network

A bitch lives as free as a bird that can never be caught. I'm a bitch. I'll crush anyone that stands in my way! And I do what the hell I want!

Registered User The Fighting Misty's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Brother View Post
    This one time, I joined Pokémon forums and made posting at them part of my daily routine.
    Best post made in this entire thread.

I have OVER 9000 posts on Serebii.......................

Yeah.

I cried when my mom said that I couldn't go on Serebii anymore.

Luckily, I snuck behind her back, and she's forgotten about it by now. :D

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast