Your gym's secondary function - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your gym's secondary function

Default Re: Your gym's secondary function

Mine would be a race track (not a stupid American Oval, a proper one like Silverstone or Monza).
    Robot Wars fan.

Razer Rotom - Electric/Steel

If type specific, mine would be Dark-type with shady backrooms and fetish chambers.
    Each Pokémon, in addition to being dark type, would have suggestive moves like lick, swallow, spit up, pound and beat up :P

Blog Entries

Mine would be a rehabilitation center for Pokemon too domesticated to release into the wild, but too dangerous to be allowed around people. The trainer will have to pass through glass rooms where they could see the Pokemon, but the Pokemon couldn't see them. In order to unlock the door to the next room you would have to input the correct Pokemons room number. You are given it's bestowed name (what the trainer called it), the previous trainers name and why that Pokemon was put there. You aren't told what type of Pokemon it is, you'd instead have to read the Pokemons body language as well as other hints to figure out the correct answer.

If by the end you choose to battle the gym leader you will be denied, shown the door and banned from returning to the facility. If you instead show signs of regret and reluctance you are given the badge without conflict as a reminder of what you've seen.

An unorthodox gym, but it's all about the message. The gym would be type less and the badge awarded will be a simple circle within a circle.
    Last edited by PiccoloX; 10th August 2014 at 02:25 AM.
    IGN: Jraken
    FC: 4227-2083-0655 --- Ditto, Lillipup, Loudred

RP Stories
    The Story of Yewer (Series 1, COMPLETED)
    Heroes of Yewer, Queensfall (Series 2, IN PROGRESS)

HoY Signups: HERE

I guess mine would be a grass gym with Venusaur, Ludicolo, Rotom Grass, Cradily, Abomasnow and Ferrothorn/Cacturne.

I would probably use a forest or jungle as the gym.

Cool thread.

I would imagine an airfield for the Flying type, with some heavily flying-themed Pokemon.

Pokemon: Latios (jet), Talonflame (diving/falcon), Dragonite (high speed flight), Crobat, Togekiss, and Gliscor.

I suppose the first question is which type my gym would be, which is a rather tough question as I somehow like Ice but I also like many Fire Pokémon (including my favourite Pokémon, Ninetales). So I guess I'd have a Fire type gym in order to be able to train a Ninetales.
    My gym could take inspiration from Japanese architecture as I like the way it looks and Ninetales is based on a Kitsune. As drawing is one of my favourite hobbies, there could be many pieces of traditional Japanese art, finished and unfinished ones.

The other Pokémon would be Larvesta (Volcarona in a rematch post-game), Charizard, Blaziken and Lampent (later a Chandelure)
    Sorry if my English is incorrect!

Sig's still FE:A though Alexg23's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Add Alexg23 on Google+
    Visit Alexg23's Youtube Channel

Ok, I feel like I should point this out right now

Quote Originally Posted by Alexg23 View Post
    Here, we like to talk about what would happen if we were gym leaders.

When I said that, I meant "here on Bulbagarden" not "here on this thread". I'm not complaining, and you don't have to change the posts you've already made, I just wanted to make that clear.

FE:A clears: 3

Claims - Mel
    oetta (Aria) - Relic Song - Refrigerate - Safety Goggles - Ability Capsule
    Namer of CameraFlashShipping (Calem & Alexa (XY))

Blog Entries

I've actually thought about this proposition before. Although personally it is not my favorite type, I could easily make a dual-purposed dark gym. The secondary function being a tea parlor/shop (I'm undecided whether it would be something more along the lines of the traditional japanese style or a more casual european style cafe of sort). The brewing of good tea, much like dark types, is very much an art of subtlety. You don't use too much flavor otherwise you overpower the original taste, but because of this it takes a more refined tongue to notice the flavors "hiding" within the nuances of the beverage.

Follow LordSeliph On Twitter Add LordSeliph on Facebook Add LordSeliph on Google+ Add LordSeliph on MySpace
    Add LordSeliph on Linkedin Follow LordSeliph on Tumblr Follow LordSeliph on Flickr Visit LordSeliph's Youtube Channel

My gym would not focus on any particular type(like Blue's). Its secondary function would be an arcade/movie theater.

Pokemon:Gothitelle/Flygon/Mawile/Gardevoir/Roserade/Samurott

3DS FC:4468-1383-6014
    IGN:Countess90
    Somewhere, there's a psychiatrist named "Lunatic"

Sentinal of Anistar Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Blog Entries

Well, my gym would either be steel, dark, or dragon so... this one is kinda hard.

I'd say my gym would be a theatre. Stage plays, concerts, etc. I love theatre so... yep, that's what I'm going with.

Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

Pinewood Gym, doubles as National Park.

Type: Diverse

Lineup: Crobat (AOO), umbreon (BO), espeon (AOO, DS), leavanny (SO), snorlax (BO) and [mega] lucario (SO).

Style: all-out offense (AOO), setup offense (SO), bulky offense (BO), dual screens(=light screen, reflect) (DS)

Badge: Symbiosis badge

TM: Return

I'M WHAT THE %!$& HAPPENS Mackie Messer's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'd have a great big record store, with top-notch listening booths.
    They'd have to be, the trainers would be in 'em, though one or two would be empty, in case some people aren't challengers and just want to hear a CD. The guy at the entrance would be the clerk, and challengers could opt to have their prize money go straight to purchases from the store, should they choose.
    I'd keep a balanced team, one whose members don't have a common weakness, and give each trainer their own type theme.
    Fizzy Bubbles

You know what I'm saying?
    You know what I'm saying.

Type: Multiple, similar to Blue

Badge: Mastery Badge

Pokémon: Pikachu, Lapras, Snorlax, Espeon, Gengar, Mega Charizard X (ace) (Mew and Mewtwo replacing Snorlax and Espeon in rematches)

Region: Kanto/Johto

Secondary Function: A grand library, dedicated to Pokemon, containing some of the rarest and most ancient text on Legendary Pokemon and Mega Evolution

Gym Leader: Red, "Pokemon Master"

Currently looking for a 6IV Pichu or Pikachu in a standard Pokeball with the egg move Volt Tackle, PM me and I'll provide what I can

The region/city isn't especially important, but it'd be an Electric gym for sure.

Since I have a bit of thing with Sound Design/audio engineering, as well as electronic music composition, the secondary function of my kind of gym would be that of a recording studio, possibly also a concert stage/recital hall, maybe even a radio station since those are popular in the series.

Although Electric type mons would of course be the most prominent, some outside-of-type mons might make appearances. Mainly this would be the Whismur/Loudred/Exploud line as well as Noibat/Noivern. Along with electric attacks, sound-based moves would be in abundance, and possibly a signal beam or two.

The Gym Leader would be "Sine, the Electric Maestro", and would hand out the Waveform Badge to victorious challengers.

Edit: Oh, and giant singing Tesla coils are a must. It's a thing, and it's pretty freaking badass:see/hear or yourself
    Last edited by chaos_Leader; 3rd October 2014 at 10:36 AM.

This is a tough one to think about, because when I think about the kind of gym leader I would be, I always think of something cliched like a volcano (Fire-type) without any secondary type of function.

If I was to go beyond that, I'd probably go with an arcade or a hobby/collector's shop. Hey, you get to see what games and collectables are currently hot! Eh? EH?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast