Your favorite 2nd form starter - Page 2

View Poll Results: Which starter's 2nd form is your favorite?

Voters
97. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ivysaur

20 20.62%
  • Charmeleon

19 19.59%
  • Wartortle

29 29.90%
  • Bayleaf

25 25.77%
  • Quilava

39 40.21%
  • Croconaw

13 13.40%
  • Grovyle

33 34.02%
  • Combusken

9 9.28%
  • Marshtomp

10 10.31%
  • Grotle

6 6.19%
  • Monferno

8 8.25%
  • Prinplup

9 9.28%
  • Servine

16 16.49%
  • Pignite

7 7.22%
  • Dewott

33 34.02%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your favorite 2nd form starter

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Your favorite 2nd form starter

Second stages. I generally don't like most of them, preffering other forms. And outright really disliking one despite the rest being amazing (hello Combusken)

Except for Ivysaur. I really can say Ivysaur is the only starter I like the second stage the most, and I really like Ivysaur in itself too (and the whole line).

Anyway let's go on detail:

- Charmeleon: Ugh. Charmander is cute, and I already explained several times how I like Charizard... But Charmeleon is basically Charmander losing everything I like of it and gaining everything I don't like of Charizard.

- Wartortle: This, on the other hand, I do like. Though I can't really tell if I like Blastoise or Wartortle better in either case.

- Bayleef: It took me a while to get warmed up on this one. Chikorita is basically pure cuteness and Meganium is friendly. Meanwhile Bayleef is very different from the whole line. Because it's such a drastic change from Chikorita I wasn't sure what to think of it, but how it is yellowed, with a bit more open leaves collar and a bitten off leaf shows an interesting personality change, that makes me wonder why did it get ditched and turn back to Chikorita's former "cute and friendly" instead of becoming something different. It still manages to be a cool design in the middle of a line centered in being nice and cute, and I think it's a great design for a middle stage.

- Quilava: Actually, I think I was wrong before. I might like Quilava better than Cyndaquil or Typhlosion... and I do like the line overall, but not as much as Ivysaur. In any case, to me this is the most iconic member of this line, for some reason.

- Grovyle: Pokémon Mystery Dungeon? What is that and why would I be biased for it?

- Combusken: This thing. This is by far the worst. Perhaps not on its own... But, Torchic is my favorite starter. Blaziken is my favorite starter. I think Torchic is easilly the cutest of all the first stages. And Blaziken is badass pokemonified. The contrast between the two is so great, yet it works perfectly... Until Combusken comes in. Then again, birds tend to look ugly when they turn from chicks into adults.

- Dewott: Dewott is good, and I know most people love it and hate Samurott. But I like the final form better. I do think it's a line that looks better as it evolves, though.

The rest I don't particularly care about.

[/overexposition]

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quilava, Grovyle, and Servine for me. Servine has my favorite game cry!

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Quilava, Grovyl, and Servine because they all look cool and graceful

Blog Entries

Dewott, Servine and Quilava. Dewott and Quilava are both better designed, imo, than their final forms even.

"Oh, I don't mean 'straight' in a heterophobic way. I just mean, ya know, dumb and stupid."

It's hard to choose between Ivysaur and Wartortle. But my love of water type starters has pushed me to give an edge to Wartortle.

Comfort ghost Bouffalant Herdier's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Bouffalant Herdier On Twitter
    Visit Bouffalant Herdier's Youtube Channel

Grovyle is my favourite, but I'm fond of Marshtomp and Servine.

Grovyle: Thanks to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2, I will never be able to see Grovyle as anything other than an awesome and brave hero. I was so relieved to discover that

Marshtomp: Mudkip is alright, but it's Marshtomp's new Ground type that makes the Water starter of Hoenn the best choice for those games. Makes Wattson so much easier.

Servine: Like a bigger and stronger Snivy, only with the most sarcastic cry of any Pokemon. How could I not love that?

Who is this git?

Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

I love any form of the Kanto's and I always thought Dewott was cool looking especially with it's pre-evo and after evo. Though I think quilava may be my favorite since I find it the cutest

aaa Baf's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

My favourite is Ivysaur and has been for a long time. I think I like it because it is still cute but also tough.
    ]]----0000000[[[[[

Croconaw. It's reminds me of Yoshi and I actually hate when it becomes Feraligatr, but I need the stat increase to beat the game. Honestly, it rare for me to like the second form of any pokemon. I think they're meant to represent puberty; that awkward middle ground between not being a cute as a kid, but not quite the beautiful/handsome adult yet.

Registered User Spirit of the Moon's Avatar

Quilava, easily. I like the other ones fine, but Quilava definitely takes the cake. It is so cute and at the same time looks strong. A lot of the other 2nd forms don't look cute, and haven't gotten to look really strong either. I love my Quilava so much that I refuse to let it evolve in my Heartgold game, and I have beaten the game and everything.

I'll always remember you~
    Blog Entries

Grovyle. I really like its design, especially since they made the leaves more green-looking in the later games.

Quote Originally Posted by AgentX View Post
    Grovyle. I really like its design, especially since they made the leaves more green-looking in the later games.
    Yes, this! Exactly! I hated the blue leaves! You are a genius! I love your brain!
    I do regular Pokémon giveaways on Tumblr, click here and come trade with me!

I'll always remember you~
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky Kipper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentX View Post
    Yes, this! Exactly! I hated the blue leaves! You are a genius! I love your brain!
    Hahaha, thank you! :) Just now, I looked back at the previous replies and realized that you said it first, so I'm sorry for unwittingly copying your thoughts. :P

I think the only starter line I love so much that I collect is the Tepig line (I normally only collect the final evos), so Pignite it is! I don't understand how people can dislike him. I think he is really cute. ^^

Under partial construction

Wartortle.i like its design.especially its tail.lol:P

Meta-Encapsulated Granule AwarnessSYSTEM

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast