Your Country as a Pokemon Region - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Your Country as a Pokemon Region

Default Re: Your Country as a Pokemon Region

Well, my country, Ireland/northern Ireland as a region would just rain all the time everywhere, pretty much.

Thanks to King of Jesus (Neodark) for the banner!

I seceeded my room from the United States a few years ago and created the fine land of Canadia! We officially moved our boundaries this past summer, and took over a larger room, burning what crops and supplies we couldn't carry, so that the new occupiers of the Motherland couldn't use them against us.

So far, we're the smallest region. Although, if you take the game data out of the games, I bet we're now bigger than at least one, if you could put the whole region out on a map the exact size it'd be.

Our fine natural habitats support the existance of at least 300 of the known Pokemon, and there are efforts to discover at least 100 more. Apparently many regions are attempting this as well, as there have already been about 15-20 new species discovered within the last half year or more.

Blog Entries

The Brazil region-it's hot at the center and the north of the country, with a big florest with a large variety of pokémon at the north and a dry, very hot climate in the northwest. In the southwest, it is wet and there are many mountains. In the south, there is a temperate climate with occasional snow or frost in the winter. Places where there would most likely be gyms would be Brazília, Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo, Manaus or Belém(two cities in the middle of the florest at the north which could represent the grass-type), Salvador(representing the Northwest),Porto Alegre(representing the south)and...well,i can't think about anything else.
    Originally said by Albert Einstein
    Only 2 things are infinite:the universe and human stupidity. Though I'm not sure about the first one.

Blog Entries

México, with such landscapes and exotic animals, would be divided in 4 areas: Forest, Desert, Mountain and Jungle, yeah I'm not forgeting the beautiful beaches and lakes. The starter pokemon would be: cactus - Grass/Fighting, rattlesnake - Fire, and jaguar - Water. The pokemon league would be in México city and the Gyms scattered in every big city. The Pokedex would consist of 130new species and 75 pokemon from other regions. I'd love to see a game like that *sigh* :B
    Last edited by Zervah; 14th September 2010 at 02:51 PM.

Old thread, but a Skunktank invaided my backyard

Well, I think that the most "US-like" region is Isshu, since it's based on New York Before that, I'd say Kanto is the most like the US

Blog Entries

Slovenia as a Pokémon region would actually be quite interesting. Although not a particularly vast one.

The geography would be very diverse and due to that, there would be lots of kinds of Pokémon. The region would be quite hilly and mountainous, particularly on the north (the Alps) and south/southwest (the Dinarides). On the east and northeast, the landscape would be flat (the Pannonian Plain), with a lot of fields and such. The west/southwest would feature a limestone surface (Kras plateau) and a sea shore (the Mediterranean).

A lot of the region would be covered by forests (as Slovenia is one of the most forested countries in Europe) and grasslands.

All this would mean a lot of forest Pokémon, Grass and Ground types in general, cave dwellers, Water Pokémon in the soutwest and in rivers/lakes, Bug, Rock and Steel types and more. The diversity would be amazing.

As for the starters, I think:

- a horse, Grass > Grass/Psychic > Grass/Psychic (based on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lipizzan)
    - a lynx, Fire > Fire/Ground > Fire/Ground, (based on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurasian_Lynx)
    - a lizard of some sort, Water > Water > Water/Dragon (no particular basis, a lizard because of the possible Dragon typing)

The Gyms:

- Maribor, Flying type Gym
    - Celje, Grass type Gym
    - Velenje, Rock type Gym
    - Kranj, Normal type Gym
    - Ljubljana, Dragon type Gym
    - Koper, Water type Gym
    - Novo mesto, Fighting type Gym
    - Murska Sobota, Ground type Gym

Yes, I've given this quite a lot of thought. :)

philippines....
    tarsier- grass
    sea turtle- water/steel
    mouse deer- fire
    8 major cities and 7000+ islands... its perfect..... except the island part.... thats many......

Blog Entries

Luzon, PHILIPPINES
    The region would be a large block of earth with trees, forests, a few caves, and water routes. Definitely water routes. As for the starters, I'm seeing a Water type Buffalo, a Grass typed Iguana, and a Fire type Fruit Bat.
    Dinovolvin' since the Late Triassic

Well, a Pokémon game set in New Zealand would most certainly have a lot of the Pokémon designs inspired by our native animals and farming culture, however I don't imagine they would go too far with the stereotypes. Or at least I should hope not. The locations would feature a lot of nature, and there would be several forests. A few cities, but mostly small towns.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Synesus View Post
    Well, a Pokémon game set in New Zealand would most certainly have a lot of the Pokémon designs inspired by our native animals and farming culture, however I don't imagine they would go too far with the stereotypes. Or at least I should hope not. The locations would feature a lot of nature, and there would be several forests. A few cities, but mostly small towns.
    You know, Isshu is a lot like new zealand.
    A huge city and some small towns.
    In fact, other than the desert and the smugleaf line, Ishhu is New Zealand

No, Hiun City is based on a city a lot larger than Auckland.
    Also, Battle Subway.
    And the several large bridges.

We can relate any Pokémon region to almost any country if we ignore that many things and make such vague comparisons.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Synesus View Post
    No, Hiun City is based on a city a lot larger than Auckland.
    Also, Battle Subway.
    Yeah, I know.
    But in comparison to the rest of the cities and towns in Isshu...
    Then hey presto! Auckland!
    Although the subway thing......
    Boy, public transport sure sucks here in new zealand!

Hah I cannot compare Isshu to Auckland, or NZ at all, really...

Blog Entries

At times.....
    I hate.......
    How we are so small.....
    And how.................
    When I ..............
    Say something and have to follow it through even though I find a flaw in my argument.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast