You Know You're a Big Pokémon Fan When... - Page 2

Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: You Know You're a Big Pokémon Fan When...

Quote Originally Posted by Bird of Ice View Post
    44.) You run around the grocery store smacking your friends in with a leek screaming "Farfetch'd! Farfetch'd! Farr!!!"
    I read that first line and I had soda coming out of my nose. Thats was so funny. Now my freakin keyboard is sticky, THANKS ALOT!
    ScerptileManiac likes this.

52) You throw pokemon card on the ground and pretend your battling with the card being the pokemon.
    53) You find yourself throwing red and white balls at random animals
    54) You complained to nintendo for making the DS not compatible with gameboy color/gameboy games that would allow you play pokemon blue/red/yellow/gold/silver/crystal. (guilty)
    55) You find yourself calling animals with pokemon names that sound similar (guilty- I caled a rhyno a rhydon)

You're a big fan if you treat your Pokemon like individuals by...

1) Only evolving them if you think they'd want to.
    2) Don't clone them, because you feel you're being it hurtful to the non-clone.
    3) Treat them like you would a pet.
    4) You talk to them.

You're a really big fan if you do any of that.... I'm guilty of all four.
    http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/showthread.php?t=25813 Jesus Alliance

Please, help the unborn http://www.priestsforlife.org/

My LiveJournal http://ashspikapal.livejournal.com/

"When your country and mine shall get together on the teachings laid down by Christ in this Sermon on the Mount, we shall have solved the problems not only of our countries but those of the whole world."- Mahatma Gandhi

60)You talk about Mudkipz in school.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash's SOVA Pika Pal View Post
    You're a big fan if you treat your Pokemon like individuals by...

1) Only evolving them if you think they'd want to.
    2) Don't clone them, because you feel you're being it hurtful to the non-clone.
    3) Treat them like you would a pet.
    4) You talk to them.

You're a really big fan if you do any of that.... I'm guilty of all four.
    Me too!

61. You eat nonstop in hopes of evolving into a Snorlax.
    62. You try to stuff a bike along with a bunch of other objects into your backpack.
    63. You jump off a building thinking you're a Pidgeotto. (I heard this has happened before)
    64. You name your pet dog Growly.

Quote Originally Posted by Austichar View Post
    63. You jump off a building thinking you're a Pidgeotto. (I heard this has happened before)
    Actually, I've heard a variation of this story when a World Of Warcraft addict got a rare item, that allows a character to fly, and jumped off of a building after forgetting that he isn't playing WoW.

*When you call your cat skitty
    *When you shout out the attacks to your pokemon when your playing the game and you also talk them through the battle thinking that on some level they can here you.
    *When you feel closer to the pokemon in your game cart than your siblings and or pets.
    *When you find yourself laughing and grinning while reading through these because you find yourself guilty of most.

68. The type chart has become so wired into your head that somehow it just "feels right", even in real life, that birds are weak to electricity, dragons are weak to ice and plants are weak to birds.
    69. The type chart has become so wired into your head that even though you don't actually remember what the weaknesses of type A are, you can imagine attacking type A with each of the types in turn and immediately know the answer.
    70. You look back every time you see any word containing a P and a K.
    71. The first thing you think of when you hear certain words is a Pokémon named after that word or similar (e.g. "eradicate", "pigeon", "blaze", "deoxyribonucleic acid", "butterfly", "quasar", "cinder", "quill", "far-fetched").

Guilty of all. It doesn't help for the last one that I started playing Pokémon before my English got any good at all, so in many cases I learned the Pokémon name before the actual word.
    Last edited by Dragonfree; 8th June 2007 at 11:18 AM.

Blog Entries

72. Your bookshelf has not one, but *two* sets of Team Rocket (or other favorite Pokemon character) figurines on it (in two different sizes, no less!)

73. Upon finding a set of said smaller TR figurines much cheaper than you paid on Pokemon Center at Big Lots, you justify the purchase because "it's nice to have some kept in the package". (True story)

74. You have cosplayed at least 2 Pokemon characters. At school.

75. You contemplate cosplaying those Pokemon characters at the mall.

76. You name your computers and other gadgets after Pokemon characters. And you have a THEME.

77. You decorate your DS with cut-out Pokemon screenshots you printed. You consider doing likewise for your GC.

78. Your massive collection of Pokemon tapes/DVDs is arranged in alphabetical order.

79. You snicker whenever you pass by a school bearing the sign "Home of the Rockets"

80. You have come to inalienably associate certain names with their Pokemon counterparts, thus causing uncontrollable fits of giggling whenever you see said names outside a Pokemon context (go to an exhibit/look at a book of Renaissance-era art if you want to see what I mean)

All true stories, by the way.

LJ~dA~R100~YT~Twitter~Facebook~Last.fm~Tumblr~Glacidia Network

A bitch lives as free as a bird that can never be caught. I'm a bitch. I'll crush anyone that stands in my way! And I do what the hell I want!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfree View Post
    70. You look back every time you see any word containing a P and a K.
    71. The first thing you think of when you hear certain words is a Pokémon named after that word or similar (e.g. "eradicate", "pigeon", "blaze", "deoxyribonucleic acid", "butterfly", "quasar", "cinder", "quill", "far-fetched").
    Guilty of both of those.

Blog Entries
    Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy On Twitter Add Turtle Tamer Kammy on Google+
    Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy on Tumblr Follow Turtle Tamer Kammy on Flickr

81.) You spent too much money on eBay because OMG someone was selling the same Wartortle figurine you used to carry everywhere in middle school and lost somewhere between Blue and Silver

82.) You spent most of high school wishing you could summon your Skarmory to fly you to school so you wouldn't have to walk

83.) You're a regular at a Pokemon internet message board despite the fact you're out of high school ;)
    *this space for rent*

84. Your desktop wallpaper is almost always Pokémon-related, and you feel uneasy if you are not using a Pokémon-related wallpaper.
    85. You have a drawer with so many Pokémon items, it drowns out whatever else you put in there.
    86. You talk about Pokémon (or hint out at it) in non-Pokémon forums...
    - and someone else actually joins in...
    -- and you invite him to join a Pokémon forum...
    --- which he did XD (scaniarider a.k.a. issac_icte a.k.a. SBS 1985C, are you reading this? :P )
    87. You spend money on express city buses (those that charge higher-than-usual fares) just so you can rush to somewhere to catch a Pokémon stage show XDDD .
    88. You grab every Pokémon icon you see on deviantART.
    89. Your hand/cell/mobile/whatever-phone has not one but two Pokémon keychains.
    90. Your bunch of keys also has one Pokémon keychain.
    91. You amassed an entire set of Pokémon keychains, which you hang proudly in your room.

(guilty of all except 88... well, partially...)

Talking

92. When you don't know the answer to an essay question on a test you end up drawing Pokemon in hopes that the teacher is a closet fan and will take pity on you. (guilty)
    93. You draw Pokemon on test papers for good luck (guilty, and it sometimes works: my lucky Pokemon are Chansey, Ditto, and Dugtrio).
    94. When you are handed a starfish, you instantly make it stand up on some of its legs and mimic Staryu's sound. (didn't do it, but it happened in my college Biology class when we were discussing animal symmetry)
    95. When someone you know has insomnia, you start imitating Jigglypuff's song. (happened)

68. The type chart has become so wired into your head that somehow it just "feels right", even in real life, that birds are weak to electricity, dragons are weak to ice and plants are weak to birds.
    So true that it's embarrassing. When I try to explain to my classmates why it just "is right", they laugh at me.

Blog Entries

95. Talk to yourself about not playing pokemon and instead getting a social life and getting in better shape while playing pokemon. (Guilty. So guilty you can't even imagine.
    96. Getting at least two people in your school to play pokemon again. (Guilty)
    97. Can remember going to the pokemon radio city music hall show. (Guilty)
    98. Still have an ancient mew card from the first movie somewhere. (Guilty)
    99. Played pokemon in the back of science class at the end of last school year with a crazy asian friend because you saw an add for the video game world championships and said "Hey, why not!" (Guilty. That was a lot of fun.)
    100. Went to the qualifiers, got owned, and had your mother threaten to kill you and then kill herself if you ended up like any of the adults there. (Guilty, but slightly less fun.
    Plus, that farfetched thing? I did that. I didn't think they could kick you out of a shop-rite, but apparrently they can.

Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast