Would You Release Your Pokemon?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Would You Release Your Pokemon?

Follow Dragonite Postal Service on Tumblr Follow Dragonite Postal Service on Flickr

Default Would You Release Your Pokemon?

If you where a Pokemon trainer and you ended up in a situation like Ash often is with his Pokemon (Lapras, Butterfree, Pidgeot etc.), would you release your Pokemon just to make it happy or keep it with you since you need it/don't want to lose it?

Blog Entries

Follow Niji on Tumblr

Default Re: Would You Release Your Pokemon?

I'd let them go if they wanted. I wouldn't even catch Pokemon, since you have to beat them lifeless and kidnap them from their family and friends, and then you expect them to be loyal to you.

Keep on kicking butt, Yuzu!

Double Trouble. Shayminlover123's Avatar

I would just so they can be happy.

No, I would not release a perfectly good Pokemon. I only release the ones the waste space in the P.C.

play later - sleep now! Playful_Weasel's Avatar
    Add Playful_Weasel on Facebook Add Playful_Weasel on Google+
    Visit Playful_Weasel's Youtube Channel

Its a tough decision to make, after some time we become attached to all our Pokemon.

I would make the decision to let them go, to either help out other Pokemon (like Jessie and James did with Arbok and Weezing) or for the name of love. (In my mind, as a trainer, we have to make sure the Pokemon is happy first)
    Watchog's #1 Fan!!
    PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!
    - 4871-3995-3493
    Steel Safari: Magneton - Skarmory - Excadrill
    I have many teams in Kalos - my original team will always be:
    Original Y Team - IGN Maria: Delphox - Mienshao - Watchog - Lucario - Sylveon - Vaporeon

Follow Dragonite Postal Service on Tumblr Follow Dragonite Postal Service on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Lavendrowzazeemontw0 View Post
    I'd let them go if they wanted. I wouldn't even catch Pokemon, since you have to beat them lifeless and kidnap them from their family and friends, and then you expect them to be loyal to you.
    Not always, a lot of the Pokemon Ash has caught he didn't even battle! The only fire type he really had to try catch was Cyndaquil since all the others happily went with him.

I would probably release my Pokemon but if it was a Pokemon I started my journey with or one I tried really hard to find then it would be really hard to let them go.

I wouldn't have to. I'd be such a good trainer they wouldn't want to go away. Seriously though, Pokémon like battling and showing off their skills, as it helps them get better at those two things! If you'd be a really good trainer, the Pokémon would just want to stay, battling at your side. Ash is nooby though, his legendary-defeating Pikachu, who has been with him through 5 regions and has done hundreds of battles, lost to a lvl 5 Snivy starter... and I rarely see any remotely useful strategies, its mostly "this is not very effective, but if we push hard enough it'll work!" or "AIM FOR THE HORN!".
    My YouTube Vids (Pokémon White 2, Randomized Emerald and soon Platinum)

-Why don't use Pokémon who you like instead of powerful ones? You'll have fun in every battle and winning gives more satisfaction!

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

I think if they wanted to go, Id let them go, I feel like keeping them would be really selfish and they wouldnt be truly happy if they wanted to go and I wouldn't let them, if they really were better off getting released.

Yeahhh, no matter how much I loved them, or how great a battler they were, etc, etc. I couldn't stand between my pokemon and their happiness.

Blog Entries

I probably would. Keeping them, even when they'd be happier freed, would be very selfish. Being a good trainer is always keeping your Pokémon's best interests in mind, even if that means letting them go.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

Blog Entries
    Follow FinalSynFrey On Twitter
    Visit FinalSynFrey's Youtube Channel

Let's see, If my Pokemon wants to go back to Its family, then I'd probably release him/her. But for the most part, I'll probably never release my Pokmeon unless I have a good reason to.

Blog Entries

I'd release them.

It's incredibly selfish to keep a Pokemon just because it's a good battler when it wants to leave.
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

Marukaite Chikyuu~ ShinySceptile1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If my Pokemon truly wanted to go and leave, then I would allow it to, but I'd tell it to never forget me and to send a postcard. ^^' With a lot of tears and the miserable knowledge that I'd never get the card.
    Proud Claimer of Natalya Arlovskaya, Tino Väinämöinen, and Lukas Bondevik from Hetalia~! (= ヮ=)೨

I have very bad separation issues. D8; I'm hesitant to admit, but if I had a Pokemon I was attached to who wanted to leave, I'd cry and hug the Pokemon and guilt-trip them into staying with me.
    Silverwynde likes this.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

I have no idea how I'd react. I mean, in the case of Lapras, I probably would've 'cause it wasn't a real integrated member of his battling team and he didn't really need it any more for travelling, but Charizard... Charizard was his powerhouse, the one he could count on (once it started to obey him, that is), I'd have had a hard time releasing something so vital to some battles.

I'd like to think I would, for the Pokémon's sake, but I don't know. I can be quite selfish.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast