Would you name your kid after a Pokemon? - Page 19
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Would you name your kid after a Pokemon?

Hyping over Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Default Re: Would you name your kid after a Pokemon?

Quote Originally Posted by Mamasoftshellturtle View Post
    My name was actually legally Lugia for the first few minutes, because they mispelled my actual name when printing the birth certificate. Obviously that's not my name, but it'd be cool if it were.
    In honesty, I probably would, but that's sort of child abuse, so in reality I won't. Human names like Ash or Erica would be acceptable, but stuff like Roselia is not.
    lol, wouldn't it be funny if someone's last name were Dreavus or Magius? Like Ms. Dreavus or Ms. Magius? That'd be the coolest last name ever, if you're a girl.
    There are girls with the name Rosalia, so Roselia could be pretty much acceptable..... maybe

Pft, of course. I totally want my two future sons to be named Darkrai Luke and Giratina Bryan or even...Arceus Kaleb! ;D
    Just kidding, just kidding...No, I actually wouldn't. If it was a human character like....Sabrina, or Riley, then maybe. But after an actual Pokemon? Nah. I'd know my poor kid would probably get made fun of. People would be saying his/her parents are physco freaks with no lives. ;.;
    So no. But I give props to whoever would, though. :3
    3DS Friend Code is: 5215-0992-6785 Friend Safari is Combee, Beautifly, and Venomoth. :)
    Pokemon is love. Pokemon is life. <3

Blog Entries

Visit Utsune's Youtube Channel

Lol people, naming your kids after a Pokemon doesn't necessarily mean calling them Pikachu or Snorlax. It could simply be "Lily" afer Lilligant because you just love the Pokemon Lilligant like that. But then again when your daughter Lily asks you "Why is my name Lily" and you tell her the truth, she'll be like "WHAT?"

(Photography scraps) deviantART | YouTube (Random Music Covers)

Well, I'm not having kids so the point's kinda moot, but I think Reggie Gig Gus would be a rockin' name.

I'm not planning on ever having kids, but if I did I would name them after a couple of my favorite Pokemon. Like Keldi for a son after Keldeo or Lucar for a son. Poli or Umbry for a daughter

No, I would never. That's such a stupid idea.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

According to one list of the top 7000 names used on babies (it was every name used on at least 5 babies), in 2011 eighteen girls were named Roselia. Although most of the parents probably didn't know it was a Pokemon (unless they were young enough). I was thinking they must have used it as a variant of the name Rosalia (which is a fairly common name in Italy and in Spanish-speaking countries - it's their form of Rosalie).

Actually, Roselia does sound kind of pretty as a name. And Aron is a legit name too - it's how you spell Aaron in some countries in Europe.

Few Pokemon names could be used to name people, as Roselia, Aron and Eevee , for example.

Other besides that only if you wanted to make your child suffer of bullying.

Blog Entries
    Add Meowly on Facebook

Like the above poster, I'd accept something that's a legitimate name for my child, like Aron and Roselia, but something like Pikachu or Bulbasaur? Definitely not. I'm not much of a fan of exotic names anyway, and I dislike the idea of possibly leading my child to be bullied. :c

is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Hidden Power View Post
    Few Pokemon names could be used to name people, as Roselia, Aron and Eevee , for example.

Other besides that only if you wanted to make your child suffer of bullying.
    How about Japanese names like Casey (Abra), Blacky (Umbreon) and Glacia (Glaceon)? Even Roselia's Japanese name and English name are same.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819