Would anybody be interested in helping me categorize the Pokémon anatomically?

Thread: Would anybody be interested in helping me categorize the Pokémon anatomically?

Default Would anybody be interested in helping me categorize the Pokémon anatomically?

What I'd like to do is set up an interface where we could work as a community to document each Pokémon's various physical features, as well as how many of them they have. First, though, we need to make sure we have all of the various "parts" agreed upon. My list so far is thus: body(ies), head(s), arms, hands, legs, feet, wings, nose(s), eyes, ears, tail(s), horn(s), fins, and an "other" category for the odder ones. Anybody down to play biologist with me?

Impossible is only a word BlueNostalgia's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Would anybody be interested in helping me categorize the Pokémon anatomically?

I actually really like this idea, but I have very little spare time at the moment to help out.

I could do small amounts, but me and you can't do it on our own.

Or at least we could, but it'd take forever.

Anyone else?
    "I can't see the end of the road anymore! But I suppose, that's part of the adventure..."

- Danerius Jr, my best friend and greatest Pokemon Rival

Your jibs are now busted TaoistNeji's Avatar

Default Re: Would anybody be interested in helping me categorize the Pokémon anatomically?

Sure this isn't like egg groups?

Impossible is only a word BlueNostalgia's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Not neccesarily. For example, Ryhorn and Goldeen both have horns, but they'd never be in the same egg group in a million years.
    "I can't see the end of the road anymore! But I suppose, that's part of the adventure..."

- Danerius Jr, my best friend and greatest Pokemon Rival

this sounds cool

Mouth(s)? Beak(s)? Should we count tentacles as legs?

Anyway, how about I start two google doc spreadsheets, put the numbers and anyone interested could add info?

BTW, two because GD spreadsheet only allows 500 rows.

EDIT: Nevermind, only one, with two sheets will do.

EDIT.2: Well, I created the sheet and put the numbers (the easy part), it is available for everyone to see here, but private to edit. Should I keep it that way and add your e-mails to the allow list or just let anyone edit?

EDIT.3: BTW, I called it "Torso", instead of "Body". And added Beak.
    Last edited by Mr. Charlie; 16th November 2010 at 07:03 PM.
    =\