• Bianca

41 23.30%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Worst Rival

hi

Default Re: Worst Rival

Quote Originally Posted by Saiga View Post
    But... you do defeat him. Over and over and over and over. Out of all the battles you have with him, he shouldn't win a single one of them. It doesn't stop him being arrogant.
    Yeah, that's why you keep fighting him. You keep fighting him till he understands that he isn't such the hot shot he thinks he is. And by the end he does realise that, sort of.
    Computer: There's an e-mail message! ... The 3 legendary bird POKéMON are ARTICUNO, ZAPDOS, and MOLTRES. Their whereabouts are unknown. We plan to explore the cavern close to CERULEAN.
    That couldn't have ended well.

Quote Originally Posted by coolcatkim22 View Post
    Yeah, that's why you keep fighting him. You keep fighting him till he understands that he isn't such the hot shot he thinks he is. And by the end he does realise that, sort of.
    You have eight fights with him, and he takes that long for it to sink in? That's just pathetically lacking in character development.

Starters of choice.
    Claimed Volcarona on 03/04/12.

hi

You have eight fights with him, and he takes that long for it to sink in? That's just pathetically lacking in character development.
    Maybe he's just really stubborn. That could be a possibility.
    Computer: There's an e-mail message! ... The 3 legendary bird POKéMON are ARTICUNO, ZAPDOS, and MOLTRES. Their whereabouts are unknown. We plan to explore the cavern close to CERULEAN.

Blog Entries

Both May/Brendon. I just found them annoying and unnecessary. like the person in heartgold/soulsilver (prof assistant) except you don't battle that person. Ruby/sapphire needed a real rival who was going after badges. Wally was like that probably not much exposure to him. I did like the fact that you wold battle him aerly on when he had a pathetic ralts, then on victory road you battle him with a very respectable team.

In my opinion May was the worst. Although I never battled her, I saw videos and she's so EXCRUCIATINGLY NICE. And I barely battled Brendan, so I guess people barely battled May and that sucks.

Avatar and signature made by Blue Dragon

Bringing Shinx to Hoenn! Shiny Shinx's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Shiny Shinx's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by nevfx View Post
    Wally.

Nice idea for his story, you helping him get his first Pokemon, him striving to be as good as/better than you.

But it is stupid how LITTLE you fight him.
    I think May/Brandon. You can't get a rematch from her/him and she/he sucks outright.

Wally, even tho you battle him WAY less, you can fight him again in Victory Road. Plus, in like his "final" battle, he has darn good Pokemon, sending out Gardivoir and Magaton.

I'm a full time Pokemon Breeder! But please visit, I really do appreciate the help.

Quote Originally Posted by coolcatkim22 View Post
    Maybe he's just really stubborn. That could be a possibility.
    The truth is, he gets no character development and that is why he is the worst rival to me.

Starters of choice.
    Claimed Volcarona on 03/04/12.

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

He just brushes it off as an insignificant loss. Those tend to happen, but he still believes himself better anyway, regardless if he really isn't.

Though should be noted that he has beaten all the gyms and the league before you, so even if he hasn't really beaten you (nevermind he can) he has reasons to believe so.

[/overexposition]

Tim

Blue is a good rival, since his douchery stems from being Professor Oak's grandson; as a result, he feels entitled to have that attitude.

Even though Silver has quite the daddy issues, I think the Star Wars plot twist was done quite its job, to the point of character development.

Barry, to me, is a crouching moron, hidden badass.

Anyway, I do fully agree RSE have the weakest rivals in the franchise; while they all look the same to me, I gotta go with Wally, since I don't see his char dev from his perspective and show up out of nowhere.
    1. I thought Gardenia is a Grass-type fangirl; in addition, I could've sworn that she had a shippy Nando-centric flashback when the latter got framed.

2. I'm tired of seeing Brock, being the designated eunuch of the show. As a result, I would love to see this OT3 to happen:

Lucy x Brock x Holly

hi

The truth is, he gets no character development and that is why he is the worst rival to me.
    Yes he does. It's just that his development is more subtle then others.

Blog Entries
    Follow Blue Dragon On Twitter
    Follow Blue Dragon on Tumblr

Barry I found quite annoying in the games and his Pokemon were the most predictable I found.

Cheren was just aweful. He is an annoying arrogant nerd who has nothing better to do than to bug me with nonsense.

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by MizuTaipu View Post
    Blue. I swear, his arrogance makes me want to punch him in the face. I don't understand why everyone likes him.
    His anime counterpart, Gary, is just that memetic. Besides, Blue's arrogance is part of his charm.
    1. I thought Gardenia is a Grass-type fangirl; in addition, I could've sworn that she had a shippy Nando-centric flashback when the latter got framed.

2. I'm tired of seeing Brock, being the designated eunuch of the show. As a result, I would love to see this OT3 to happen:

Lucy x Brock x Holly

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Wally. The whole "overcoming his frailty and sickness to become a powerful trainer" storyline would have had a bit more weight if his final team wasn't so...well, pathetic.
    Roselia and Delcatty? Are you freaking kidding me?
    They could have at least given him Pokemon that no other in-game trainers have used yet, like Swalot or Gorebyss. I also didn't like how his battles just used the normal battle music. Hopefully if the Ruby/Sapphire remakes are done he'll get his own battle theme and his Roselia and Magneton will be evolved.

Barry, he was the most irritating of all the rivals. Sure, Blue was an ass and Wally was a wimp, but Barry was just really annoying.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast