• Bianca

41 23.30%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst Rival

Eternal Transient Reign Scarlet Sky's Avatar Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Worst Rival

I went with May/Brendan. At least Wally's team was you know... fully developed? Evolved? You know, didn't look like he was just quitting. The last battle you get to have with May/Brendan is pretty underwhelming, being set in the epic fight arena of the patch of ground in front of the Lilycove Mall. Initially, I was annoyed to see them blocking my path, but I got even more annoyed when they just quit on me. I was also surprised to see that Wally could be fought again after the Victory Road battle, but not my ACTUAL rival. =/

Banner courtesy of Caprizant.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I went with Wally because he didn't feal like a true rival with the lack of battles and any real rival development

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow JLomb on Tumblr

Brendan/May because they never FULLY evolved their starter! Making it all the more difficult to complete the Pokedex
    Boosh!

3DS FC: 3265-5253-3343

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Brendan/May - they gave up midway, and they didn't even evolve their starters to the final stage.

Wally was okay - he kept waiting for me in the victory road, and everytime I talked to him, he challenged me to a battle, and everytime, his team was leveled up.

He stopped asking me to battles after five or six times, though.

Post Thanks / Like

Brendan and May are the worst in my opinion. You spent a good chunk of the game fighting them and then they decide they don't wanna battle anymore? What kind of loser decision is that?! Wally's only flaw is that you don't battle him more often (Which I hope will be fixed in the remakes) however he wins an award for effort. Between the first time and the last time you battle him he Took a Level in Badass - Television Tropes & Idioms . I don't really care for Bianca's personality, but at least you're able to rebattle her to gain some experience.

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best". -Karen

"For every pokemon there is a purpose and a time when it can shine under the sun." -Blue1225

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think Brendan/May should be the same thing in the poll, they're pretty much the same.

I don't really like Cheren, I just... Don't. He can be such a douche. And not the right kind, like Blue/Green or Silver.

Post Thanks / Like

Bianca was always kinda stupid imo. She was basically just a free win every now and then. I really liked Cheren, and thought he overshadowed him. However, she did have more to offer personality-wise compared to Cheren. My favorite is still Gary, and probably always will be. Also, why the Wally hate :( He just needed to appear more imo. RSE had way too few rival battles as a whole.

Death the Skitty :P Skitty-chan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Gary. :(
    "Smell ya later!"

Grrrrrr.......
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyHunterMitsuko View Post
    Skitty-chan

The Take It Easy Pokemon

Normal

This Pokemon is very cheerful, carefree and always has a smile. It tends to break up squabbles. Its fangs are not fully developed, but still hurt, and whenever they do, they make other Pokemon chill out.

Join the Anime Watching Buddies Club!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Definitely the G/S/C/HG/SS Rival, although Blue, Cheren and Bianca are not far behind.

The G/S/C/HG/SS Rival just annoyed me. He just felt like an obstacle. I never wanted to fight him. Never wanted to see him. That's the worst kind of Rival.

As for Blue, it's basically the same, only he wasn't as annoying. FR/LG helped fix him towards the end, too, but I still never wanted to meet him.
    As for the B/W Rivals, Cheren was a psychopath and should've been locked away in a mental institution, and Bianca was just the most annoying moron in the history of Pokémon.

Thanks to Demotei of the SPPf for the perfect sprite~

Post Thanks / Like

Blue is probably the most annoying character in all of the games. It isn't even so much his arrogance that annoys me, because Silver is fairly arrogant and yet he is my favorite rival. To me, Blue just comes off as a spoiled little brat who never develops as a character, and never seems to learn anything. You just kind of beat him and he still remains the same spoiled little brat forever. Even in Gold and Silver when you battle him, he is still overly arrogant and annoying.

Some days it's a good day to die. Other times it's just a good day to have breakfast.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow GatoRage on Tumblr

May/Brendan

For some reason not deciding to evolve your damn Shroomish even though it's at level 32, even though your goal is to complete the Pokedex.

Wally was a kinda crappy rival since you only battled him twice, and the first time you can beat him with one Tackle, but I have to give him credit for at least building a decent team for the Victory Road battle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wally. After beating Emerald for the first time, I honestly didn't think Wally was considered a rival.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wally. You just don't battle him enough.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Arc Blader on Tumblr

Two-way tie between May/Brendan (they're essentially the same) and Barry.
    May and Brendan because, well, they're pretty dull. They don't really learn anything or develop, they don't offer insight into anything, you don't battle them that much, and you can't even freaking name them. You can't name Wally, Cheren, or Bianca, either, but at least they progressed more significantly, both in terms of battling prowess and character (Wally gets the "battling prowess" credit because his team is actually pretty good if you rematch him enough).
    Barry was just annoying. I might've liked him had his character been less in-your-face. And, again, much less development. Blue met his downfall due to his arrogance, Silver realized (or was implied to realize, or something) that he needed a heart, Cheren and Bianca... learned whatever it was that they learned, but Barry just went full-throttle everywhere, and by the end, he was only slightly less full-throttle. I haven't played Pearl in a while, though, so I apologize if my accounts are incorrect.

Gonna be a tl;dr Master! Shinneth's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Tough call, but... Brendan.

Not only was he boring as hell and wasn't worthy of being a long-term rival, I hated his vaguely-sexist jabs. He's just a little cock, and not in a good way like Green or Silver. Plus, even though May roughly has the same dialog only with extra boring to replace the misogyny, her design's a hell of a lot less retarded than Brendan's. So suck on that. Wally was pretty damn bad too, especially when he had the gall to favor a Gardevoir when that was one of my major players in Emerald, but at least it was satisfying to curbstomp that little wuss for being railroaded into helping him out in the oh-so difficult task of catching a Pokemon.

Beyond that I range from being okay with to really liking the rivals. I'm a little unsure about my feelings on Cheren, though. He seemed awfully one-dimensional compared to Bianca, to the point where I just could not take the guy seriously at all. Which is bad when he's supposed to be the straight man of the group.

Chapter 19: Black Ice Battle!
    plurk | SPPF | dA | ff.net

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast