A World Without Pokemon - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A World Without Pokemon

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Default Re: A World Without Pokemon

I would probably just be a bit more obsessed with animals than I already am. Same goes for all my fandoms that aren't Pokemon.

I have to wonder where Nintendo would be without Pokemon. I mean, Pokemon's been the killer app for Nintendo handhelds (I have friends who are on record that they won't get a 3DS until a new main-series Pokemon is on it), and has helped the company stay in good financial shape even during the lean-years that came during the last days of the N64 and during the Gamecube years. I wouldn't be shocked if in some alternate universe where Pokemon never existed, Nintendo either had to go third-party or had to rely even more on the Mario money-machine than they do in the real world...

Not to mention that I doubt there would be as much anime and manga in the west. At least, there'd be far fewer on television. And with that, there would have been less Japanese influence in animation styles and design.

Of course, there are also some weird ripple effects that would have happened. I remember reading somewhere that there was an Olympic Judo competitor who had taken up Judo because he was angry about the fact a bully had stolen his Charizard card. Who knows if he would have taken up Judo if not for Pokemon?

Blog Entries
    Follow Blue Dragon On Twitter
    Follow Blue Dragon on Tumblr

To be honest I don't even want to imagine a world without Pokemon. But if I have to I would imagine living a life with this empty void, which I'm unable to fill, and have this itching feeling there are other worldly creatures trying to scratch their way through into my head. o_o...

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

I really can't imagine that. Pokemon's a world-wide sensation, the second best-selling game ever (only losing to Super Mario), and if a game like Pokemon didn't existed, then I... I don't really know

Ah...most important thing!! If Pokemon hadn't existed, I would've never been able to meet my crush XDD!! It was all thanks to pokemon that we started getting friendly... and such memories that revolve around Pokemon... It's too painful to imagine if Pokemon hadn't existed.

Arms... like... nooodles! The Togekiss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow The Togekiss on Tumblr

I don't even wan't to think about it.
    I don't know what franchise I would be into. I did go on Club Penguin a lot(I still would if it wasn't for Dial-up lol), and I eventually got into MLP:FiM, but I don't know if I could've gotten into MLp:FiM if it wasn't for Pokemon.
    I have no idea what my interests would be from August 2009-now. F*ck.

Cons:
    -I can think of 5 friends at the top of my head that I wouldn't have met if it wasn't for Pokemon(adding 2 more with MLP:FiM, which I got into from a friend who liked Pokemon)
    -I would probably be incredibly bored for most of my life
    -I might also be kinda depressed, Pokemon has helped me get through the bad parts of my life
    -I probably wouldn't be very good at drawing, drawing Pokemon helped me get better at drawing everything else.
    -I probably wouldn't have any desire to go to Japan or learn Japanese
    -I would have NO friends at my new school(maybe)
    -I wouldn't be so competitive, but I'm not sure if that's a bad thing...
    -I wouldn't be into video games as much maybe. But I doubt this one would be true.
    -There is a possibility that my personally would be VERY different. I would be much less nerdy and weird (possibly).

Pros:
    -I would read more
    -I would have more money saved
    -I wouldn't get so distracted and want to play video games when I'm supposed to be doing homework(I used to have this problem occasionally, now, not really as much),but I find this one pretty unlikely.

Cons definitely outweigh the pros.
    It's official: My like would SUCK without Pokemon.
    Last edited by The Togekiss; 7th January 2013 at 02:07 AM.

My deviantArt account... http://thetogekiss.deviantart.com/
    Claimed: Togekiss (yay!) ,Oblivious, Pokeradar,and Razor Fang! July 8th, 2012, Air Slash July 20th, 2012

Visit Jerbuta's Youtube Channel

Ever since the release of Halo:CE, Halo and Pokemon have been balanced in my life. I guess I would just play the other more :P
    ♥ Pokemon TCG(O) and Pokemon Manga ♥

Click me to see my contributions and work in the Bulbagarden Network!

3DS FC: 0060-9530-3133
    BLACK FC: 3053-6598-2300
    BLACK 2 FC: 3096-5330-3234[/SIZE]

Well, many bugs and other critter on our hometown is kinda missing... Since so many people make a building or their house without caring about other critter around it... So that's what it feels when there's no Pokemon in the world... Something fun is missing

Brazilian Jolteon Spark Eletran's Avatar
    Follow Spark Eletran On Twitter Add Spark Eletran on Facebook
    Visit Spark Eletran's Youtube Channel

...Hm...

I don't know exactly, but I probably would have never gone into gaming. I don't remember if what made me a fan of games was Pokémon or Sonic, but I'm sure that Pokémon DID have an enormous impact. I also probably would be a lot more interested in watching Cartoons, and maybe a way bigger fan of Dragon Ball (Since I was one before I started to watch the Pokémon anime) and Digimon (Because the anime always caught my attention, though it never seemed to be as cool as Pokémon)

Blog Entries

Then I'd be deprived of a hell of a great experience and a hell of a great community. There's be this void; I'd be lonelier, I'd be more bored, and just...ugh.

On the other hand, I might have just gotten addicted to a shitload of FPSs.

[sources: sig gif|avatar]

Blog Entries

Follow Ahnyo on Tumblr Visit Ahnyo's Youtube Channel

I can't even begin to fathom where I'd be without Pokémon... I know it's ridiculous, but I believe it's had an enormous impact on my life. It's helped me hone my skills in drawing and writing, it's led me to learn a lot of interesting things, it's given me something to look forward to when everything else seemed hopeless, it's acted as an escape from reality, and it's provided me with so many friendships. This last detail is especially important, because I honestly don't think I would've survived the bullying I experienced in middle school without the support of my friends. It's made my life worth living. One of the major themes of Pokémon is the importance of friendship, and I guess it's shown me just that. As silly as it sounds, I feel as if it is a beacon of hope in spite of my anxiety and depression. No other franchise has touched me in the ways Pokémon has. Something else probably would've filled in the gap if it had never existed, but I can't think of what that might've been.

Blog Entries

If pokemon didn't exist then I would never have gotten a GB Advance or a DS, much less a 3DS and that's a shame since I freaking love my 3DS (Paper Mario Sticker Star, Wooo!)

Also, I'm sure Digimon would be much more popular, and my mother wouldn't be able to recognize Pikachu, a yellow mouse from a Japanese cartoon, on sight.

Official Claimer of the Pokemon Pumpkaboo | Official Claimer of the Move Trick-Or-Treat | Official Claimer of the Items Silph Scopeand Odd Keystone.
    If you like comedy, check out my fanfic "You Win Some, You Lose Some" (CHAPTER THREE UP!) | For some supplementary art, visit NG's Sketches 'n Stuff!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12