A World Without Pokemon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A World Without Pokemon

Default A World Without Pokemon

What would you be doing right now if Pokemon never existed?
    I would be extremely bored, possibly to death. In reality, I would probably be into Mario a lot more, or I would be playing a series similar to Pokemon, such as Yu-Gi-Oh!, to fill in the gap.

Blog Entries

Follow Niji on Tumblr

Default Re: A World Without Pokemon

I'd be abusing the Yu-Gi-Oh! franchise even worse than I already am. My obsession would be so bad I would probably be institutionalized.

Keep on kicking butt, Yuzu!

Magical Girl Shiny Celebi's Avatar Super Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

If Pokemon didnt exist, I honestly don't know. I wouldnt be here and might not even play video games at all or even go on the internet. I would probably read a lot of books and watch way more TV, but mostly I'd be really bored pretty much all the time. I might be into something else, maybe other anime or more things like that.

CottonSheepFairy 33Whimsicott33's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If Pokemon didn't exist, there'd have probably been considerably less anime in the west than there is now. I probably wouldn't have even looked twice at it if it weren't for the gateway drug.
    Oh?

Moderator Hidden Mew's Avatar Forum Head

I would probably be a bigger Yu-Gi-Oh! fan than I already am and focused primarily on that franchise. I would also most likely be more into Mario video games, especially when Yu-Gi-Oh! isn't pulling out as many video games as they used to nowadays, to fill in the gap. I might have gotten into reading manga a bit sooner if I was much more into Yu-Gi-Oh! when it first came out like I was when I first got into Pokemon. I probably would have gotten more of the original manga series much sooner as a result. I might spent less time online without some of the Pokemon focused sites I visit and maybe a bit more time reading than I currently do. A world without Pokemon does sound rather sad since it gave me, along with many other people, a lot of happiness and led them to watch other shows as well.

I definitely don't think that I would be the exact same person. While I would have found something else to be really interested in, not having something like Pokemon in my life at the time when I first did get into the franchise might have made me a different person. Maybe not drastically, but not having some of the events during those years when I first started to get into Pokemon might have made me into a different person than I am now.
    Last edited by Hidden Mew; 5th January 2013 at 03:08 AM.

play later - sleep now! Playful_Weasel's Avatar
    Add Playful_Weasel on Facebook Add Playful_Weasel on Google+
    Visit Playful_Weasel's Youtube Channel

I guess I'd be very depress and lonely, hiding in my room. It was Pokemon that took lots of my dark past and filled it with happiness and laughter - both anime and the games.
    Watchog's #1 Fan!!
    PokeMustelid & PokeFelines too!
    - 4871-3995-3493
    Steel Safari: Magneton - Skarmory - Excadrill
    I have many teams in Kalos - my original team will always be:
    Original Y Team - IGN Maria: Delphox - Mienshao - Watchog - Lucario - Sylveon - Vaporeon

is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

I would go down as an underground Hashiriya in expressways. Pokémon gave us many excitement for many years. A world without Pokémon would let me bored and got involved in illicit activities such as gangfights.

The 'unShiny' Umbreon! unShinyUmbreon's Avatar

I don't know! I've been playing the games ever since I was a young child! I remember recieving the original Red and Blue version for Christmas one year, along with my very first game boy!

I probably would have decided on animals instead of art, and probably would've done better in school, and would've gone through college instead of dropping out... just being honest, here.

Blog Entries

Follow Supa on Tumblr

i reeeeally can't say for sure, but my life certainly wouldn't be at all like it is now. for starters, i probably wouldn't have kept drawing and decided to make a living out of that like now. also i would've had to use all the money i used on pokémon stuff on something else, maybe comics and games, if those would still be what i enjoy the most. i wouldn't have all the precious friends i made irl and url through mutual interests (=pokémon, of course).
    i can honestly say that i would be a totally different person if pokémon never existed. pretty scary, actually...

Ankh-Morporkian Citizen. The Patrician's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow The Patrician On Twitter

If Pokemon never existed, I would not be interested in gaming, which is a shame because that is one of the things that drove me towards media and I am at the moment, hoping and heading towards a career in media.

My life would be totally different to what it is now and I know that it is the same for thousands of other people. While others may have just moved in to another big franchise like Yu-Gi-Oh and others may have just gone on to do more worthwhile things, some lives may have been affected in ways we would have never imagined. For all we know, and there is a strong possibility of it, lives could have been lost and gained if it weren't for pokemon.
    "This isn't the time to make hard and fast decisions, it's the time to make mistakes. Take the wrong train and get stuck somewhere great. Fall in love...a lot. Major in philosophy because there's no way to make a career out of that. Change your mind and then change it again because nothing is permanent. Make as many mistakes as you can. That way, someday, when they ask you what you want to do with your life, you won't have to guess. You'll know."

Where is my Mega Zoroark? Bad Apple's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I won't have anything to fangirl about with my friends...
    "I see you have no soul. Want mine? It's black and gooey" -The Frozen Man

Drama queen/Bug master PrettyVenomoth's Avatar

i would of jumped on the bandwaggon of some other popular show.. this other show wont be as good as pokemon so my childhood would of been more boring.

Blog Entries

I don;t know... I've been playing Pokemon ever since Yellow showed up... so I don't know what would happen.. Digimon would probably be more popular lol
    Black: 4727-9836-9051
    White: 3396-7767-9032
    Platinum: 0003-5833-1618
    Soul Silver: 3138-3094-2458

Follow Season On Twitter Add Season on Facebook

I think I would just stick to other games, I'm a fan of Driving games and there are many out there that keep me entertained.
    It would be harder if it had been introduced up until the point of say Generation IV and then stopped. I dread the day Pokemon ceases to exist but until then, I'll keep on playing!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast