will they stop making more pokemon? - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: will they stop making more pokemon?

There is not an Idea Store that will run out of stock. People think of new ideas.

Relax and have fun. The Power of Pika's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A character designer (which gamefreak would have to create the Pokemon) has to be able to think up thousands of designs (good and bad). They usually have a book that they draw ideas in and it's used alot.

There are as many ideas as the imagination can think up. There's millions of possibilities.

If they were capable of running out of ideas then they wouldn't be working in that position.;)

Practically your only limited by your imagination. You can have mental blocks but those will come and go every now and then. A mental block can make you look like your runnng out of ideas but all it is is a mental block that will eventually go. More ideas come out when the mental block is over usually.

My name is Daffy Duck, I worked on a Merry-Go-Round, The job was swell,
    I did quite well,Till the Merry-go-round broke down.
    (Hoo-hoo! Hoo-hoo! Hoo! Hoo! Hoo-hoo!)

The shock of lightning!! pikachu12's Avatar

still not convinced.

Nothing of interest here Perxio's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu12 View Post
    still not convinced.
    Okay, you don't have to be. >>;

Blog Entries

Just because some random fans of the games have run out of ideas doesn't mean GF has. The fact that many individuals have many ideas for new Pokemon, despite all those that have came out should be enough proof that a team of highly qualified game developers still have plenty up their sleeve.

And besides, as long as Pokemon makes money, they will never die.

But still, the future looks grim for Pokemon, for one thing, this seems to be the only series where it's fans are actually saying "GF is running out of ideas" whenever they see a Pokemon they hate, or at the dawn of every new generation. I mean come on, the digimon fandom was still up despite the series ending (but now has returned), and yet, we still have Pokemon and we're already predicting it's doom.

And pikachu 12, if a bunch of young children are full of ideas on new Pokemon, what makes you think that a team of fully grown adults are fresh out? I heard Satoshi Tajiri had ideas for about 1000 Pokemon when he first started off, and if that holds true, then we have atleast four or five more generations ahead assuming we all haven't grown tired of it. Now let's say they have run out of ideas now, they still have how many years until they decide to announce the production of the fifth gen? All they would need to do is figure out what kind of terrain their new region will be, and thanks to the magic of the internet, they can research different species of animals that live there and base Pokemon of them. And animals aren't the only thing pokemon are based off of, they are also based off mythical creatures, and there are enough of them to fill an entire generation of Pokemon and then some, and let's not forget those who are just based of inanimate objects.......

There are way too many things to base Pokemon off of. Just because you can't think of anything, doesn't mean that everyone else has run out of ideas either.
    Last edited by The Outrage; 9th August 2007 at 09:39 PM.

still not convinced.
    With all due respect, my good madame, that rebuttal is not sufficient to continue supporting your side of the argument. You will need to either elaborate on your current line of reasoning, or come up with an entirely new approach.

Relax and have fun. The Power of Pika's Avatar
    Blog Entries

still not convinced.
    Not convinced?
    I'm making a cartoon for my final in tafe and I filled 5 books that had over 100 pages in them with character designs.

If satoshi or whoever is designing the character can't think of characters then they picked the wrong field of work. It's normal for a designer to do 50-100 or more character drawings a day. That's normal in that field.

My name is Daffy Duck, I worked on a Merry-Go-Round, The job was swell,
    I did quite well,Till the Merry-go-round broke down.
    (Hoo-hoo! Hoo-hoo! Hoo! Hoo! Hoo-hoo!)

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

still not convinced.
    Just because you have a hard time memorizing 493 different Pokémon doesn't mean they're running out of ideas. Just because they keep having the first Gym Leader be Rock-type doesn't mean they're running out of ideas.

They can make so many more Pokémon than there are. Have they stopped making Mario games? No! Twenty years, it's all about JUMPING. Pokémon has seventeen different types, each of which can be combined with any of the others. We've not seen things like Grass/Electric, Fire/Dragon, Dragon/Ice, Dark/Bug, Fighting/Flying, or several others yet. We've got 152 separate type combinations with this current type setup, they'll be able to come up with more Pokémon to fill out those types.

As for their reusing the Rock Gym over and over... that's to keep the games' difficulty consistent. Fire is hard to use, Grass and Water are easier. They always have been, except for Johto, but they were just trying to cover all of the types at that point with 16 Gyms.

I had no idea what they'd come up with after the 135 that came out in Gen III. Heck, I had no idea that they'd come up with any more after 251, and even Pokémon beyond 151 were a surprise at first. Like Habu said, this has been told of EVERY SINGLE GENERATION. If Game Freak were done, they'd not stop at 493.

They just need time between Gen IV and Gen V. They'll likely make at least 100 more (doesn't seem like they'll ever add less than 100), and at most 150 more (for tradition's sake). And that takes a lot of time, they have to think about what Pokémon are needed, what needs evolutions, what lines look incomplete (my personal suggestions are a Golduck evo and a Farfetch'd evo). If a random player like me can see that those two need (and deserve) evolutions, well jeez, don't you think the developers do?

I wouldn't be surprised if they already have some character designs ready for the fifth generation.

I think there are 8 new Pokémon. You see there will be a D/P volume 2 guide released in september with all 482+8 pokemon. I'm not sure what they meant by that.
    Captain Lincoln Stern, you stand here accused of...
    12 counts of murder in the first degree
    14 counts of armed theft of Federation property
    22 counts of piracy in high space
    18 counts of fraud
    37 counts of rape
    and 1 moving violation....how do you plead?

still not convinced.
    This is called argument from incredulity - you can't imagine it, therefore it can't be. This is obviously a fallacy.

Quote Originally Posted by "L" View Post
    But still, the future looks grim for Pokemon, for one thing, this seems to be the only series where it's fans are actually saying "GF is running out of ideas" whenever they see a Pokemon they hate, or at the dawn of every new generation. I mean come on, the digimon fandom was still up despite the series ending (but now has returned), and yet, we still have Pokemon and we're already predicting it's doom.
    Predict its doom until you turn blue in the face. The facts are that the last generation of Pokémon has been a huge financial success - and this is because people actually buy the games. In droves.

Quote Originally Posted by Te-em View Post
    I think there are 8 new Pokémon. You see there will be a D/P volume 2 guide released in september with all 482+8 pokemon. I'm not sure what they meant by that.
    I dunno why, but those "+8" just means the last of the Sinnoh Ledgends not in the Nation Dex, excluding the Event Pokemon.

I doubt they would stop. Why? Because they said they had plenty of ideas, Diamond was a smashing sucess, and if worse comes to worst, they could just steal fan-made ideas.
    think there are 8 new Pokémon. You see there will be a D/P volume 2 guide released in september with all 482+8 pokemon. I'm not sure what they meant by that.
    Those are the legendaries. There are 493 Pokemon total. [/obvious]

Oh, I didn't know that. Was not sure how many pokemon there are anyway, but they usually reveal some new pokemon before the next generation, like that gonbe in gale of darkness.
    Captain Lincoln Stern, you stand here accused of...
    12 counts of murder in the first degree
    14 counts of armed theft of Federation property
    22 counts of piracy in high space
    18 counts of fraud
    37 counts of rape
    and 1 moving violation....how do you plead?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

We'll be getting some Gen V Pokémon sometime next year I bet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast