Why are there no Dark-type Gym Leaders? - Page 5

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 101
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Why are there no Dark-type Gym Leaders?

  1. #61
    EV-Wizard/PeculiarBattler League's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Firstly, the Teleportation zone. Thirdly, the "Onoka" Elite Four. Fourthly, the Garden Grotto. Secondly, Oak's laboratory. And lastly, A hoedown-deeny hoedown!
    Posts
    1,098
    Blog Entries
    13

    Default Re: Why are there no Dark-type Gym Leaders?

    Quote Originally Posted by TTEchidna View Post
    They probably just haven't had a good idea for a design. Maybe in Gen VI, we can hope, since it'll be Unova's Johto.
    If you're talking about the traps and the building inside, they could obviously use a 'dark' angle. Brawly's gym in RSE rings a bell.

    But Unova having a Johto is a wondrous idea. It's more than a wondrous idea, actually, it's a wondrous mention.
    Feel free(r) to discuss Battle Strategy with me--I'll discuss anything really.

    Besides being a strange (retired) battler with a storied, legendary, mythical, exaggerated, and relatively unknown career, I am also an amateur English B&W anime reviewer. (pachiba, you like?)

    And I take hoedowns seriously.

  2. #62
    Paint it black OverlordRuby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Where idiots reign
    Posts
    779
    Blog Entries
    121
    Add OverlordRuby on Facebook
    Follow OverlordRuby on Tumblr

    Default Re: Why are there no Dark-type Gym Leaders?

    I think it would be cool to have a Dark Type gym.
    a. cause it would be a really interesting gym to walk in. Maybe with black aura portals and misty walls that that you can only walk through if you battle all the trainers in that room.
    b. cause the gym leader would probably be a goth, and therefor awesome

  3. #63
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    101

    Default Re: Why are there no Dark-type Gym Leaders?

    I've wondered that myself. I'd love that personally. Love the Dark type. It doesn't necessarily bother me though. I remember loving to battle Karen especially back when I played Gold/Silver/Crystal often - she was pretty great, save for the fact that her Vileplume was a rather, er, random choice (not to mention fairly simple to beat).

    Actually, if you ask me, the main thing that bothered me about those games was the atrocious level curve.

  4. #64
    Registered User Pokemonfreakforever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    15

    Default Re: Why are there no Dark-type Gym Leaders?

    Good question i dont know but i think it is because there way to strong against otheres wait.Threr in the elite 4 thats why.

    I said call me lisa!!!!!

  5. #65
    My Sword Hand Twitches! Owain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    Kalos
    Posts
    3,024
    Blog Entries
    67

    Follow Owain on Tumblr

    Default Re: Why are there no Dark-type Gym Leaders?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rents View Post
    I've wondered that myself. I'd love that personally. Love the Dark type. It doesn't necessarily bother me though. I remember loving to battle Karen especially back when I played Gold/Silver/Crystal often - she was pretty great, save for the fact that her Vileplume was a rather, er, random choice (not to mention fairly simple to beat).

    Actually, if you ask me, the main thing that bothered me about those games was the atrocious level curve.
    Vileplume was because of said Pokémon's Nocturnal habits, but its still the odd one out.

  6. #66
    Face it, I'm cute Midnightmoon602's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Australia, Victoria
    Posts
    817

    Default Re: Why are there no Dark-type Gym Leaders?

    Thats a really good question. why didn't i think of that sooner? but im sure they will add it some time soon...lol

    Fanfiction DeviantART
    Tumblr
    Current Fanfiction: Ringer

    Advanceshipping, and Contestshipping.
    "These memories of you and me mean more to me than you think."

  7. #67
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    101

    Default Re: Why are there no Dark-type Gym Leaders?

    Quote Originally Posted by Serperior View Post
    Vileplume was because of said Pokémon's Nocturnal habits, but its still the odd one out.
    That's a pretty lame reason to put a Pokemon like that on the team. I'd have thrown in a Sableye or something to that effect.

  8. #68
    Archosaur Enthusiast Spikeheila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    804
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Why are there no Dark-type Gym Leaders?

    Quote Originally Posted by Rents View Post
    That's a pretty lame reason to put a Pokemon like that on the team. I'd have thrown in a Sableye or something to that effect.
    this was back in GSC

    Electric Friend Safari: Luxio, Electabuzz, Pachirisu.

  9. #69
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    101

    Default Re: Why are there no Dark-type Gym Leaders?

    Quote Originally Posted by Spikeheila View Post
    this was back in GSC
    I'm aware of that. I am throwing in a more specific collective when you wager in the current number of Pokemon between all games in the series.

  10. #70
    Registered User Absolclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    713
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Why are there no Dark-type Gym Leaders?

    Simple; Gym leaders tend to be inspirational folks. Having a Dark type leader wouldn't bode well.

    Before you say it, hardly anyone even knows the people of the Elite 4 besides the fact they exist, plus darkness is usually a force to overcome, more fitting for an Elite 4 challenge then a Gym leader.

  11. #71
    Insane Particle Collider Pman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Skyrim
    Posts
    1,420
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Why are there no Dark-type Gym Leaders?

    I would love to see a dark type leader as the eigth gym weilding a Ttar..won't hapen but would be awesome.

    I would also like to see a hard option though so more experince and competative abttlers can play the game against more advanced AI
    URPG Snowbelle Leader
    Looking for: Rotom
    UFT: Depends what you're offering

  12. #72
    Darkness Noctis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,984
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Why are there no Dark-type Gym Leaders?

    A Dark-type Gym Leader would be great. However, I think Game Freak is afraid of people's reactions. Pokemon is seen as a devil's game by some religious groups(no offense). Those religious groups could insult Game Freak for promoting occultism and satanism, because darkness is often seen as evil.

  13. #73
    Registered User The Outrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    12,170
    Blog Entries
    951

    Default Re: Why are there no Dark-type Gym Leaders?

    Quote Originally Posted by Absolclaw View Post
    Simple; Gym leaders tend to be inspirational folks. Having a Dark type leader wouldn't bode well.
    Why do you guys insist on putting up arguments that have no basis in fact. How does it not bode well?

    Inspirational? Do we need to bring up Karen's quote again?

    Gima's line:

    Whenever anyone wins, another must lose.
    That is the essence of a battle.
    A good battler does not boast of his victory nor fall to distractions, but simply seeks the next victory
    ...
    Life is a battle that must be fought with the cards we are given.
    Rather than raising complaint at being given useless cards, it's key to discover how to use them.
    Now, let us begin...
    And as for Sidney, while he doesn't really say anything inspirational, his background certainly might count as such. Being called a punk, yet making it so far up the ladder.

    Sidney aside, two of the three Dark E4 have given much better advice than any of the gym leaders. I can give much more examples of gym leaders that just make you wonder how they deserve to become one (specifically, Clair and her inability to accept loss or Whitney CRYING because someone beat her) if your criteria is being inspirational.

    Before you say it, hardly anyone even knows the people of the Elite 4 besides the fact they exist, plus darkness is usually a force to overcome, more fitting for an Elite 4 challenge then a Gym leader
    Yet the few lines they have speak for themselves and completely trumps your point. And how is overcoming darkness more fitting for an Elite 4 than a gym leader, who you say, gets more characterization, so it would actually mean something more to us, other than "because I said so?"

  14. #74
    I shot a god Ryuutakeshi's Avatar Social Media Editor
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    With Feliciano, my true love
    Posts
    35,471
    Blog Entries
    256

    Default Re: Why are there no Dark-type Gym Leaders?

    Dark types trainers are simply the kind that like to win no matter what. They utilize shrewd strategies to accomplish their goals, but that doesn't mean they're cheaters or evil. Dark Type trainers are like the Slytherins of the Pokemon World really. And that means there is no reason for them not being accepted as Gym Leaders. Hell, if you go with the assumption that the League is the law of the land, four regions are being partly run by a dark trainer.

    Evil Figment (7:59:44 PM): Ryuu, however shakily you started, I've got to hand it to you that you earned my respect the hard way.

  15. #75
    Darkness Noctis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Europe
    Posts
    1,984
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: Why are there no Dark-type Gym Leaders?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryuutakeshi View Post
    Dark types trainers are simply the kind that like to win no matter what. They utilize shrewd strategies to accomplish their goals, but that doesn't mean they're cheaters or evil. Dark Type trainers are like the Slytherins of the Pokemon World really. And that means there is no reason for them not being accepted as Gym Leaders. Hell, if you go with the assumption that the League is the law of the land, four regions are being partly run by a dark trainer.
    Four regions? You mean three: Johto, Hoenn and Unova.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •