Why doesn't the world end when Arceus uses Judgment? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why doesn't the world end when Arceus uses Judgment?

Default Re: Why doesn't the world end when Arceus uses Judgment?

You want these types of moves to have actual effects? Fine:

Roar of Time - immediately takes you back to your last save
    Spacial Rend - teleports your pokemon to a random location in the world and you have to find them
    Judgment - damns the opponent to the Reverse World where it instantly disappears to

Yay, fun!

"Don't call me that name" TwinLukes's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit TwinLukes's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer View Post
    Maybe what we've been seeing is not the real Arceus at all. Maybe it's still in it's eternal sleep. I think it used Substitute and sent down a decoy. Because Arceus is a Supreme being, it's decoy is far more powerful( though beatable ) than other pokemon. That's my theory anyway.
    There's a game I'm playing right now called Tales of Xillia (Yes, I am aware that nearly all my posts lately have had something to do with the series, but due to the fact that there's a new Tales game coming out this week and me currently playing through a bunch of games, It's pretty much been the topic of my whole summer.), and one of the main protagonists, Milla Maxwell, is basically the Lord of Spirits, Maxwell (Who is a very high deity in the game's world, but not an absolute god.) in the physical form of a 20-some year old human girl, and while she is the exact same being as the Maxwell, she is not as powerful as she was originally due to the mortal form she has taken (Granted, she can't really die, but if her body is destroyed, she will have to make a new one naturally, which then needs to grow up like a normal human.), thus making her character very similar to the theory you have suggested.

Also, no big spoilers since all of this is pretty much explained within the first hour of the game except for the "new body" part, which is still revealed pretty early into the game, as I was told this a while ago in the story and only just got to the 1/4th point of the game.

Long story a short, I find it plausible, and if the decoy Arceus was mortal but shared a concious with the real one, then it could also hold up to Arceus's portrayal in the movie as well.

Claims: Virizion - 03/08/14, Swords Dance - 03/08/14

In addition to the attack names being created by humans rather than the pokemon themselves, what if Arceus isn't exactly God. What if humans just turned it into that since it's a rare pokemon with powers that defy the realm of what normal pokemon are capable of?

Anyway, getting back on topic...if Arceus is the true creator god of the pokemon world, you'd think it would be capable of controlling its god powers. Who's to say the Judgement used in battle isn't like the weakest form of it. Same thing goes with the other attacks that would distort space, time, reality, ETC. They're not using them at full power because they know what they're capable of and they don't want to destroy the world because that's where they and their trainer are.

Blog Entries

It is indeed very difficult at times to separate what is there simply because it's a game and what is there as lore. At times, these two concepts seem contradictory of each other. In fact, a lot about pokemon contradicts itself. Then again, like someone else said, maybe even the idea of an all powerful deity by itself doesn't make sense. What Arceus is is open to interpretation. There is no single portrayal of it. You can even make up your own version of it.

What do I think it is? Judgment can be a lot of things. It can cause harm, it can bring pleasure, it can even do nothing at all. I cannot even begin to say what kind of power Arceus has. Indeed, logic would dictate if you can do everything, then you can also create something that is beyond your power. I will also mark that infinity is not what people believe it is. Infinity can actually be quite small. It can also be nothing at all. If it is indeed everything, then yes, it can also be not powerful at all, but it is also the most powerful thing of all. Whatever you can think of, it is both true and false and everything inbetween. Even if you don't want to believe it's a deity at all, that's fine, because it would still be true regardless of if it's an opinion or not. Maybe it does really make sense, since if there is such a thing as something that can do everything, then truly, no view of it would ever be wrong, including it not existing at all. Even nonsense is still sense, just outside your point of view.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123