Why do people hate on different Generations? - Page 7

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Why do people hate on different Generations?

Default Re: Why do people hate on different Generations?

My personal favorites are Gen.1 and 2. The only thing I hold against any generation would be Pokemon modeled after inanimate objects, like an ice cream cone. I like 1 and 2 because they stay true to the "monster" part of Pokemon.

remember me jda95's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Joebro View Post
    The only thing I hold against any generation would be Pokemon modeled after inanimate objects, like an ice cream cone. I like 1 and 2 because they stay true to the "monster" part of Pokemon.
    Voltorb and Electrode say hi.

Voltorb and Electrode are more like monsters than Vanillish. A mutated pokeball is more monstrous than a living ice cream cone.
    sonic10158 likes this.

Voltorb and Electrode are more like monsters than Vanillish. A mutated pokeball is more monstrous than a living ice cream cone.
    I... don't really see how. They're pretty much equal levels of monstrosity.

Starters of choice.
    Claimed Volcarona on 03/04/12.

Blog Entries

You people jelly. That's the reason why.

An ice cream cone pokemon seems... what would you think if it came out in gen. 1? It would be kind of ridiculous.

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

An ice cream cone pokemon seems... what would you think if it came out in gen. 1? It would be kind of ridiculous.
    Chances are no one would care. Gen 1 introduced Exeggcute, the 'cluster of eggs' pokemon and the fact that it's just as bizarre as an ice cream pokemon goes largely unnoticed.

Follow Purellian On Twitter
    Visit Purellian's Youtube Channel

For me, I have always disliked Gen III. For the longest time, I couldn't figure out why, but then I realized that Gen III came out while I was in middle school. I was ten or eleven when RBY came out, the exact target age group, but that meant that once I became an awkward preteen, Pokemon could no longer be cool. Gen IV came out when I was in high school, and suddenly everyone started liking Pokemon again. To this day, I have been unable to complete a game set in Hoenn, even though I like a lot of the Pokemon found there and think the region itself is very creative. I'm a big fan of RBY, a HUGE fan of GSC, a moderate fan of DPPt (had a lot more fun with HGSS), and a pretty big fan of BW, but RSE is still a problem for me. I definitely think being a moody preteen took its toll on those games for me, unfortunately.

Waiting for Pokemon X and Pokemon Y since January, 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Purellian View Post
    For me, I have always disliked Gen III. For the longest time, I couldn't figure out why, but then I realized that Gen III came out while I was in middle school. I was ten or eleven when RBY came out, the exact target age group, but that meant that once I became an awkward preteen, Pokemon could no longer be cool. Gen IV came out when I was in high school, and suddenly everyone started liking Pokemon again. To this day, I have been unable to complete a game set in Hoenn, even though I like a lot of the Pokemon found there and think the region itself is very creative. I'm a big fan of RBY, a HUGE fan of GSC, a moderate fan of DPPt (had a lot more fun with HGSS), and a pretty big fan of BW, but RSE is still a problem for me. I definitely think being a moody preteen took its toll on those games for me, unfortunately.
    I totally understand that! Except I guess its kind of in reverse for me. But one of the reasons I have somewhat harsh feelings about DPPt is because I played through them at a somewhat crappy time in my life. I don't like picking them up anymore just because it kind of brings back memories of my teenage angsty years. There are other reasons of course for me not playing through Gen 4, but I find it interesting that you have similar feelings towards a generation.
    On a side note, Gen 3 is my favorite region with gen 5 coming in close.
    My official Black 2 team.

Some days it's a good day to die. Other times it's just a good day to have breakfast.

I like hoenn, but the evolutions in gen. III just doesn't seem like evolutions! it looks like completely different pokemon that share some similarity, instead of a more "grown-up" form, which is what i prefer. But i certainly don't hate on the games.
    a level 100 Shuckle can potentially deal the most damage in one single attack through the use of numerous stat boosters, by using Helping Hand, Metronome held item, Power Trick, a Skill Swap to Pure Power, and the Defense Curl/Rollout combo. On the 5th impact of Rollout, if used against a level 1 Ledyba or Yanma that have been hit with negative Defense modifiers (such as Screech), it can deal 213,896,052 damage.

Pata pata pata pata pata! Italy-kun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Italy-kun on Tumblr

My favorite games would have to be BW. I like that little ice cream guy a lot. Gen 1 Pokes are REALLY uninspired to me, if Gens 1 and 5's Pokes were swapped, people would freaking love the Gen 5 ones and hate the Gen 1 ones. Also OMFG IT HAD A PLOT I CARE ABOUT!!!! And it's the first game in which I ever beat the E4. But LeafGreen just makes me all warm and fuzzy inside because it's the first Pokemon game I ever played.
    "It just goes to show you that people with brain damage are the real heroes, aren't they?" --Wheatley, Portal 2
    "Open mouth, insert foot." --Joe Kido, Digimon Adventure 01
    "Screw it, the gloves are coming off, MEAN BEAN MACHINE!" --Me playing Sonic Mega Collection

Played in Inazuma Eleven Mafia, Super Street Fighter IV Mafia and Pokemon Christmas Mafia 2011. Winning faction of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Mafia and DPPt: Sinnoh Mafia! SO HAPPY!

People Just Get InThe Way Shadow-Lucario's Avatar
    Blog Entries

honestly i think it is because people find that they all seem the same now every generation 3 or more new legendary pokemon with maybe 1 or 2 semi legendary pokemon with the same character moving from one gym to another who then makes it to the pokemon league only fail and move on.

but saying that, i dont seem to have a cut off yet and i've been watching since day 1, i just like the adventures in between the gyms and really the crazy gym leaders.
    "people who dont understand me Fear me,People who try to understand me should Fear me"

Blog Entries

Pokemon isn't getting worse. You're just getting older.
    TUMBLR--HOMESTUCK(CLICK NOW)--FORMSPRING
    It's been some time, hasn't it?

hi

In regards to Vanillish. I do not think Vanillish is a bad Pokemon because it's an ice cream cone Pokemon.

If done properly, Game Freak could have pulled off that concept. However, they did not. Vanillish is not very well put together, not all that interesting and doesn't really make a whole lot of sense when you come right down to it.
    Computer: There's an e-mail message! ... The 3 legendary bird POKéMON are ARTICUNO, ZAPDOS, and MOLTRES. Their whereabouts are unknown. We plan to explore the cavern close to CERULEAN.
    That couldn't have ended well.

User who Registered RedSapphire's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow RedSapphire On Twitter
    Visit RedSapphire's Youtube Channel

Anything with any sort of popularity will have haters. And within its fans will be haters of different aspects of said thing. For something as large as the Pokemon metaseries, that means that people will not only hate individual characters or plot elements, but entire gens.

I notice a lot of the time that anyone who hates an entire gen does so because of some sort of nostalgia. Each gen has something good to offer for the series as a whole, and I've never seen anyone successfully argue against that. When they try, it's clear that they're just favoring other gens because that is what they played when they were younger. Everything looks better when you're younger--you're naive, so anything that isn't directly harmful is fun. Those feelings stick with you if you don't learn to reason later on. And that's how nostalgia-blinded fanboys are born.

I personally don't hate any gen. It actually makes it difficult for me to have a favorite.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast