138. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes!

56 40.58%
  • I wouldn't mind.

28 20.29%
  • NO WAI.

54 39.13%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who thinks Missingno. should be real?

Default Re: Who thinks Missingno. should be real?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNostalgia View Post
    making him into a real Pokemon would ruin him! he wouldn't be so mysterious and awesome anymore. Sure, Arceus, Mew, Celebi, Jirachi etc are all suppose to be nearly impossible to get, and we all still get them. There aren't really any rare Pokemon anymore. Call me a nostalgic loser, but I like to see MissingNo as a little reward for those who have been with the franchise right from the start, and it isn't even that really.
    What BlueNostalgia said. The appeal of Missingno., at least for me, was that it wasn't real. Messing with an electronic system that I don't understand at its base to produce a corrupted entity in an environment that it didn't belong in was just too good. If Game Freak/Nintendo were to officially recognize it as a Pokémon, it would become so much more tame. Going from mysterious, otherworldly programming quirk to regular, accepted poke is something that wouldn't appeal to me.

It also just doesn't make sense to do so. Why make it official after over a decade since its appearance? What is there to gain by giving more attention to a mistake made by your old programming department?

No, it would ruin the mystery of it. But if it was, it's signature move would have to be 'corrupt'.
    platinum 1076 4777 9344

Please ask fr commissions ridinglikesatan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The truth is Missingno. wasn't a glitch due to the complexity of it in such an early game. Now, it should be classed as an easter egg if anything.

yeah, i WANT it to be real, only problem is, it wouldn't be "missing" anymore, thus not being so exciting to fans...

but yeah, missingo is my favorite glitch in the games though, i wish they brought it back in the newer games.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cmd84 View Post
    They could slightly redesign it

NO. Just... no.

Original sprite turned 3D (same on all sides) found only on those two blocks in Cinnabar might be amusing, though.

Something for nothing Cyber Jet's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yes but you have to do all the origal steps to get him and could have somthing better then waterX2 and sky attack but it could have a epic abbilty and its battle music could be all glitchy and learn random moves.

man that would be epic and mabey he can change into his fossle/gohst forms with a item

Blog Entries

Missingno. being real would defeat its purpose of being one of the coolest creatures in Pokemon.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bikini Miltank View Post
    Missingno is nothing more than irrelevant data that the game can be tricked into interpreting as a Pokemon. It has no real place in the games.

Now, I will certainly acknowledge that Missingno has a place in the hearts of the fandom, being such a famous and fondly-remembered glitch. It wasn't the games that gave it life; it was the fandom. Which is great, but it's no more a part of the series proper than Pikablu or the Pokegods.

I know some people get very agitated about this issue, and insist that Missingno be treated as a "proper" Pokemon. And hey, you're entitled to your view and all... but I can honestly say that I've never witnessed such an immense amount of misplaced anger. There are people being denied their most basic freedoms every day and meanwhile you're arguing about discrimination against data.
    Said all I wanted to say, and more.

I don't get the big deal with Missingno., and never will. I'll leave it there before I go into more profane territory.
    lol I got bored.

Blog Entries

Apperently, Missingno. is the leftover data for marowak evolving onto kangaskhan.
    But that's what I read in a thread a week ago.
    So, it's just corupted data.
    Nothing else.

PDL

Quote Originally Posted by Bikini Miltank View Post
    Missingno is nothing more than irrelevant data that the game can be tricked into interpreting as a Pokemon. It has no real place in the games.

Now, I will certainly acknowledge that Missingno has a place in the hearts of the fandom, being such a famous and fondly-remembered glitch. It wasn't the games that gave it life; it was the fandom. Which is great, but it's no more a part of the series proper than Pikablu or the Pokegods.

I know some people get very agitated about this issue, and insist that Missingno be treated as a "proper" Pokemon. And hey, you're entitled to your view and all... but I can honestly say that I've never witnessed such an immense amount of misplaced anger. There are people being denied their most basic freedoms every day and meanwhile you're arguing about discrimination against data.
    This is pretty much it. Although it's fun to believe that it is the cosmic horror Pokémon that warps reality by it's mere precense, it isn't going to be offically acknowledged.

Unless they decide to create a Pokémon based on computer viruses, but even this is unlikely due to the Porygon incident in the anime... I guess the virtual world shall remain the realm of Porygon and Porygon's evolutions alone.

Er, sorry. Anyway, to be frank, I've always preferred Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur.
    How can it be both invisible and shiny? How can people even know that? D:
    Part-time Fanfic writer, Full-time crank.

Insert Witty Title Here Azure Butterfly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Er, sorry. Anyway, to be frank, I've always preferred Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur.
    How can it be both invisible and shiny? How can people even know that? D:
    It sparkles. XD

I wish Missingno. made an appearence, but not as a catchable Pokemon. More of a joke character than anything.

Even though it is adorable for a glitch. :3

Follow Marik On Twitter Add Marik on Facebook
    Visit Marik's Youtube Channel

Victini is just Missingno. in disguise. Seriously though, I would love that. Pure Flying type.

Surrender now or carry on Bikini Miltank's Avatar Bulbanews Editor-in-Chief
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by minimag View Post
    Apperently, Missingno. is the leftover data for marowak evolving onto kangaskhan.
    But that's what I read in a thread a week ago.
    So, it's just corupted data.
    Nothing else.
    Unfortunately, that isn't true. There's no evidence that Marowak was ever supposed to evolve into Kangaskhan. Even if it had been, why would its removal create a 'junk' Pokemon like Missingno? It's not like they were removing a Pokemon, just a means of evolution.

There are people who've been through every byte of RB's code, and are intimately familiar with it. It might be one of the most well-understood games of all time: I'd be very surprised if it had any secrets left to discover. We know exactly why and how Missingno appears, and it has nothing to do with scrapped evolutions. It's nothing anywhere near that meaningful.

The master list of Pokemon in Gen I had a bunch of gaps in it: it went from 1 to 190, but only 151 of those numbers were assigned to Pokemon. The remaining numbers were simply dummied out as 'Missingno'. If you can trick the game into calling a Pokemon with one of those unused index numbers, you get Missingno. In reality, then, Missingno is not a single "thing": there are 39 different Missingnos, which is why its appearance can vary.

If you trick the game into calling a Pokemon of an index number that doesn't even fall within 1-190 (such as 0, or any number between 191 and 255), you'll get one of the other glitch Pokemon. Since these numbers weren't even included to the master list, they don't have anything assigned to them at all, which is why you get glitchy names like hPOKe and so on: the game is using non-Pokedex data to give you what it thinks is this Pokemon's name.
    Last edited by Bikini Miltank; 5th October 2010 at 10:58 PM.

Follow Gigatron On Twitter

I remember as a kid imagining what it'd be like if Missing№ appeared in the anime. How fucked up would that have been?

I always loved 'im. Even though he arsed up my Hall of Fame, he gave me tons of Master Balls in exchange. He's a good guy. I don't know that he should become canon, but at least in my own "personal canon", he'll always be a sort of "Honorary Pokémon", if nothing else. X)

Blog Entries
    Follow Ghost On Twitter

I see no reason for Missingno. to appear in the games.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast