Who was more evil Cyrus or Ghetsis? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who was more evil Cyrus or Ghetsis?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Who was more evil Cyrus or Ghetsis.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyScathach View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhem Uaid View Post
    This is exactly what I was going to say. Cyrus may even have been a little misguided, while Ghetsis knew exactly what he was doing.

I suppose Cyrus is more evil if you count deeds only, but Ghetsis was far more... devil-like, I guess. Mephistophelian.
    Mephistophelian is being too nice. I mean, Mephistopheles is actually pretty likable. lol
    So was Ghetsis, that's the point. That's why he had such a large following.
    Extended Sig | URPG Character

BLUE: The color of sarcasm!
    Brought to you by Frummagem, Inc.

This is exactly what I was going to say. Cyrus may even have been a little misguided, while Ghetsis knew exactly what he was doing.

I suppose Cyrus is more evil if you count deeds only, but Ghetsis was far more... devil-like, I guess. Mephistophelian.
    Mephistophelian is being too nice. I mean, Mephistopheles is actually pretty likable. lol
    Ghetsis wasn't very likable. That's why he had to drag N into it.

Ghetsis still had a following after N had left, but I picture that as a result of forced service, alliances of convenience, and blatant lies. Ghetsis isn't the only power-hungry person, but he was the one with the audacity to seek that power. Other power-seeking people would simply join for a slice of the reward.

Blog Entries

Ghetsis wasn't very likable. That's why he had to drag N into it.

Ghetsis still had a following after N had left, but I picture that as a result of forced service, alliances of convenience, and blatant lies. Ghetsis isn't the only power-hungry person, but he was the one with the audacity to seek that power. Other power-seeking people would simply join for a slice of the reward.
    N is definitely more likable, but you can't deny Ghetsis has charisma.

Ghetsis. Cyrus was only evil because he had misguided beliefs. Ghetsis was just bad, and he did want to rule the world with an iron fist.

Blog Entries

Better than destroying it. Also, Ghetsis was not "just" bad. He was EEEEEVIL!

N is definitely more likable, but you can't deny Ghetsis has charisma.
    Fair enough. I can see how you can argue that.

I don't get it, why is Ghetsis lying worse then when any other leader lies?
    Computer: There's an e-mail message! ... The 3 legendary bird POKéMON are ARTICUNO, ZAPDOS, and MOLTRES. Their whereabouts are unknown. We plan to explore the cavern close to CERULEAN.
    That couldn't have ended well.

Ghetsis. Cyrus is just discontent with this world and wants another one. Ghetsis is just wanting to dominate the world just like any classic villain, and uses two puppet kings for this.

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by coolcatkim22 View Post
    I don't get it, why is Ghetsis lying worse then when any other leader lies?
    I don't remember Giovanni ever lying. His goal was world domination from the very start, no? He's just your everyday mafia boss.

Archie and Maxie both wanted to flood/dry-out the world so they can take control over it. I don't know what they eventually wanted, but they were somewhat trying to be eco-friendly.... yah.

Cyrus... did Cyrus ever lie? He outright said that this world should be destructed and that he should be God of the new world. He was just misguided. As for the Galactic members following him, idk, but I think Mars wasn't brainwashed or anything - she just believed Cyrus was right and she supported him from the bottom of her heart. Saturn and Jupiter had more firm opinions of their own, and Charon was just a greedy old man.

Ghetsis... how many times had I said this, I can't remember. He wanted world domination as well, but he had been abusing his son for years, locking him up in a room inside an underground castle, brainwashing him into liberating the Pokemons. He lied to his son that it was all for the good, and in the end he disowned his son when he realized the truth. Ghetsis later escaped and came back with more brutal methods, even going as far as to trying to kill the PC.

It's not hard to see that Ghetsis was the more evil of the two.
    This show knows

Follow juiceboxxx On Twitter
    Follow juiceboxxx on Tumblr

I'm going to bring something up that might be of interest:

1: Cyrus has a Crobat, which evolves out of happiness, and
    2: Ghetsis' Hydreigon knows Frustration (and it's at full power)

While Cyrus' plan would have had more lasting implications, Ghetsis wins out because he's just so irredeemably cruel.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectrum Achromatic View Post
    I don't remember Giovanni ever lying. His goal was world domination from the very start, no? He's just your everyday mafia boss.
    Did he ever actually say he wanted to take over the world? From what I can tell, all he ever told his grunts is that they should steal Pokemon. Also, I'm sure he never told the Pokemon league he was the leader of a gang when they made him a gym leader.

Archie and Maxie both wanted to flood/dry-out the world so they can take control over it. I don't know what they eventually wanted, but they were somewhat trying to be eco-friendly.... yah.
    Well, I was always under the impression that they lied in the opposite games. That in Ruby, Team Aqua lied, and in Sapphire, Team Magma lied. They wanted to stop the other team, yes, but they also wanted to achieve their goals as much as the other, it's just they never had enough people to pursue it. Of course, that could just be my interpretation. I could be totally wrong about that.

Cyrus... did Cyrus ever lie? He outright said that this world should be destructed and that he should be God of the new world. He was just misguided. As for the Galactic members following him, idk, but I think Mars wasn't brainwashed or anything - she just believed Cyrus was right and she supported him from the bottom of her heart. Saturn and Jupiter had more firm opinions of their own, and Charon was just a greedy old man.
    Why does everybody keep forgetting this:
    "...So you've come. You heard my speech, I take it. Snicker... A big lie, of course. It's true, insofar as my intention is to create a new world. But that world isn't for the likes of Team Galactic. I seek an entirely new world solely for myself."

Ghetsis... how many times had I said this, I can't remember. He wanted world domination as well, but he had been abusing his son for years, locking him up in a room inside an underground castle, brainwashing him into liberating the Pokemons. He lied to his son that it was all for the good, and in the end he disowned his son when he realized the truth. Ghetsis later escaped and came back with more brutal methods, even going as far as to trying to kill the PC.

It's not hard to see that Ghetsis was the more evil of the two.
    Ugh, he's not even his real son! Not that they had a really great relationship anyways, what with N never calling him dad, and N acting like he was doing him a favour rather then helping him out of some sort of devotion.

Besides, as far as I can tell there wasn't any real abuse. All he did was give him Pokemon that were abused by trainers in the past. Sure, it's manipulative but the fact that Pokemon get hurt by people isn't exactly something untrue, and it's not like N would never see that some people treat their Pokemon nicely because as soon as he left the castle he'd find people like that. And he does.

And trying to kill the protagonist is small potatoes compared to Archie and Maxie trying to kill a whole bunch of people and Cyrus trying to kill every body. And what do you think would have happened to the main character if they lost against the leaders? Most likely they'd be killed, maybe they'd leave them alive but none of the organization seem to have qualms about killing people. Maybe Team Rocket wouldn't, but they've killed a mother Marowak in the past, so I wouldn't put it past them.

Quote Originally Posted by juiceboxxx View Post

You know somebody else brought that up once. And I refuted it by saying that they could have gotten those Pokemon from other trainers, through theft or trade.
    Last edited by coolcatkim22; 14th June 2013 at 08:28 AM.
    Computer: There's an e-mail message! ... The 3 legendary bird POKéMON are ARTICUNO, ZAPDOS, and MOLTRES. Their whereabouts are unknown. We plan to explore the cavern close to CERULEAN.
    That couldn't have ended well.

Ghetsis is by far more evil than Cyrus. We could say that every next villain is more evil than its previous one. Cyrus intendend to create a new universe, Cyrus also wanted that, but he went a little further. Cyrus tried to separate the Pokemons from their trainers and he used the inocense of a boy that could talk with Pokemons to help on his plans, that sounded very cruel for me. After failing, Ghetsis come back again to try another plan and this time he seems to be more angry than before.

Trophies

Ghetsis in the short run and Cyrus in the long run. That Ghetsis guy wants to kill you right on the spot, but Cyrus wants to do that a bit later. Cyrus wanted to make a better world, but a better world in his image, so it might be one of those galactic dictatorships or something.

I'm going to have to go with Ghetsis, he is like... the bittercold?
    No.

Blog Entries

Ghetsis hands down. I mean, he locked up his own son, locked him away from humanity, abused him and then betrayed him. For crying out loud, he nearly killed Rosa/Nate with Kyurem's icicles.

Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by coolcatkim22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by juiceboxxx View Post

You know somebody else brought that up once. And I refuted it by saying that they could have gotten those Pokemon from other trainers, through theft or trade.
    You just don't get a Crobat to like you after stealing it unless you're James (who had been able to get friendly with a Chingling he stole from a CotD). You battle Cyrus having a Golbat in early Platinum, it's obviously his bat. Besides, even if he stole it as a Golbat and evolved it, it just shows how he can bond with pokemon and get friendly anyways - he managed to persuade the pokemon to ditch its owner and like him.

Ghetsis' Hydreigon is obviously his. How you even get your pokemon to hate you that much is unthinkable (because every basic action you do raises happiness - even simply carrying it around makes it friendly). He probably abused the poor dragon to the point of hating him, and that would've had to happen over many years. Even if it was stolen, it had been under Ghetsis' ownership for a long time, so its his Hydreigon anyways. Have you ever tried getting a pokemon use Frustration at full power? It takes a friggin long time even if you force feed it stuff it won't like and making it faint all the time. Imagine all the money it takes as well.

Thus, Ghetsis is more evil
    This show knows

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast