Who was more evil Cyrus or Ghetsis?
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who was more evil Cyrus or Ghetsis?

Default Who was more evil Cyrus or Ghetsis?

As the title suggest who do you think was more evil of the two. I would have to choose Cyrus I mean come on he wanted to destroy the universe and become a god in his own right. I know what Ghetsis was bad for what he did to N and the player. But trying to save the universe from destruction is more scarier than being frozen if you ask me. So you guys who do you think is more eviler Cyrus or Ghetsis?

is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Who was more evil Cyrus or Ghetsis.

Looks wise, Ghetsis is more evil. But strategy wise, Cyrus is more evil because of ambitions of taking over the world. I would pick Cyrus, although I am not a fan of Team Galactic (Galaxy Gang).

Cyrus stepped into his own dimension which basically was destroyed seconds afterwards. He was mad with power.

Win = Cyrus.
    and that's the story...

♥ | story | ♦ | ♣ | one-shot | ♠ | ♫ | poetry | ☯ |

Eh, they're both equally as evil. If anything, those two are just the more insane villains.

I get really confused when people act as if Ghetsis is the most evil villain that ever there was. I think it's cause of all the hype N has.
    Computer: There's an e-mail message! ... The 3 legendary bird POKéMON are ARTICUNO, ZAPDOS, and MOLTRES. Their whereabouts are unknown. We plan to explore the cavern close to CERULEAN.
    That couldn't have ended well.

Ghetsis.

At least Cyrus never tried to kill you.

Join the toad side! Emperor Palpitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LadyScathach View Post
    Ghetsis.

Cyrus wanted to destroy our world. I think that means you will be killed. So I think I have to say Cyrus. But Ghetsis used N and the Team PLasma grunts to fulfill his own dirty goals.
    JOIN THE TOAD SIDE
    AND MAY THE BLUE FORCE BE WITH YOU
    AND I AM NOT YOUR FATHER!

Ghetsis definitely seemed more irredeemably evil, especially in his treatment of N. Cyrus could at least get a bit of sympathy from his portrayal as a broken-hearted man gone insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Palpitoad the White View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyScathach View Post
    Ghetsis.

Cyrus wanted to destroy our world. I think that means you will be killed. So I think I have to say Cyrus. But Ghetsis used N and the Team PLasma grunts to fulfill his own dirty goals.
    I meant that in a direct sense of killing the PC. Cyrus's goal was to create a world without strife. In order to get to that goal there would, of course, be casualties, such as, let's say, the Sinnoh region. Cyrus didn't care about the trees, the individual people. Instead he took more of a forest approach, that is to do what he believed would better the human race as a whole. Of course, his belief would result in the death of the PC, but he never singled the character out and ordered Kyurem to Glaciate said player.

Blog Entries

Cyrus wasn't actually evil, IMO. He just had a major case of hubris. He thought that, if he reset the world, he'd be able to run it himself and that that would make everything so much better for everyone else. He had the power, and he thought he was going the right thing. He was convinced that he'd be able to end suffering, grief, and fighting if he rose to power.

Ghetsis actually wanted to kill you. Personally. And on top of that, he didn't actually believe that taking people's Pokemon away from them would make both people and Pokemon happier. He was just using that as a rallying point and a powerplay, in order to remove any sort of opposition. From there, he'd rule the world. His second plot was all about revenge, getting back at the world. And again, taking power for himself.

Now tell me. Which is more evil? The guy who genuinely thinks that what he's doing is the right thing, or the guy who is doing what he does simply to get power over everyone else, and doesn't care about anyone else?

Credit to HikaruIzumi for the awesome avatar!

Cyrus was "evil" because he was trying to create a "better" world. Its kind of "I'm saving you all from your own stupidity!" kind of thing. He probably thought he was doing something good. Ghetsis was the generic "take over the world and be the supreme overlord!" kind of guy. Oh yeah and
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulbapedia
    In Pokémon Black 2 and White 2, Ghetsis is the first antagonist in the main series games to try to incapacitate the player. He attempts to have Kyurem freeze the player with Glaciate, but that move cannot cause freezing when used in battle. Before the English releases of Pokémon Black 2 and White 2, this threat was mistranslated by various sources as a threat to kill and impale them using Kyurem's icicles.]
    combined that with how he treated N, he's probably the more evil of the two.

3.14159 26535 89793 23846 26433 83279 50288 41971 69399 37510 58209 74944 59230 78164....
    This is actually the line X + Y = 3.141

Although Cyrus would cause far more damage attempting to reset the world, he was doing it because on his own twisted mind he thought it would be the best thing for the world.
    On the other hand, Ghetsis uses his "Pokémon freedom" speech as a rouse. He makes it clear in the end he doesn't care about them at all, he just wants to rule Unova with an iron fist through manipulation of N, whose childhood was ruined him by him, and the local region legendaries, one of these he used to attack you.
    Last edited by Magma Bomb; 10th June 2013 at 03:45 PM.

Blog Entries

Ghetsis by a long shot.

Okay, Cyrus was screwed up in the head, but he never lied about what he wanted to do: he said outright that he wanted to remake the world in his own image. Now that is evil but he didn't hide this behind a "let's hold hands and be friends" image. He owned up to it. Ghetsis on the other hand...

Ghetsis turned a child into a weapon. He lied to the people of Unova and tried to get them to release their Pokemon, not for the Pokemon's benefit but for his. He tried to kill someone--the PC--in cold blood. Ghetsis owns the evil category right now; Cyrus can't come close.

Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silverwynde View Post
    Ghetsis by a long shot.

Okay, Cyrus was screwed up in the head, but he never lied about what he wanted to do: he said outright that he wanted to remake the world in his own image. Now that is evil but he didn't hide this behind a "let's hold hands and be friends" image. He owned up to it. Ghetsis on the other hand...

Ghetsis turned a child into a weapon. He lied to the people of Unova and tried to get them to release their Pokemon, not for the Pokemon's benefit but for his. He tried to kill someone--the PC--in cold blood. Ghetsis owns the evil category right now; Cyrus can't come close.
    This is exactly what I was going to say. Cyrus may even have been a little misguided, while Ghetsis knew exactly what he was doing.

I suppose Cyrus is more evil if you count deeds only, but Ghetsis was far more... devil-like, I guess. Mephistophelian.
    Extended Sig | URPG Character

BLUE: The color of sarcasm!
    Brought to you by Frummagem, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhem Uaid View Post
    This is exactly what I was going to say. Cyrus may even have been a little misguided, while Ghetsis knew exactly what he was doing.

I suppose Cyrus is more evil if you count deeds only, but Ghetsis was far more... devil-like, I guess. Mephistophelian.
    Mephistophelian is being too nice. I mean, Mephistopheles is actually pretty likable. lol

Blog Entries

Ghetsis. Although Cyrus's PLAN was more evil, Ghetsis himself was just cruel.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast