Where do Rare Candies come from? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Where do Rare Candies come from?

Drama queen/Bug master PrettyVenomoth's Avatar

Default Re: Where do Rare Candies come from?

they come from Shuckles. people turn the juice from there shells in to rare candy

Quote Originally Posted by Drakon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smalllady View Post
    I've always wondered what would happen if a human ate one. Probably nothing, but you never know...
    For all we know, it might act like Bane's venom. Grants superhuman strength and durability.
    Or like Gummy Berry Juice.........

..Wow, did I just show my age or what...

The Original Sylveon The Guardian Sylveon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The only answer I can think of is Shuckle due to Generation 2 but that still doesn't answer who wraps them up. I guess the world may never know just like the tootsie pop commercial.

Team Eeveelution All The Way!!!

Got dat Kalos swag Sir Fabulous's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think an old senile woman, her husband, and her hundreds of Shuckle make them. She does small business deals with Battle Frontiers and the PWT, and she gives them out to people who pay her a pretty penny, but she's very forgetful and drops a few on the road on occasion.
    I have claimed: Staraptor (01/12/13), Shiny Stone (02/12/13), and Limber (02/12/13).

I've also wondered what this candy is. A long time ago I had this theory (I just repost it from another forum):

I came to realise something about >>Fushigi na Ame<< (mysterious/strange/miracle candy?) that increases the level of your Pokemon. There are also items that increase the stats of your Pokemon, like for instance >>Taurin<< increasing the Attack stat, and Bromohexin increasing (I don't remember, Spec Def?).

I remember having a shining Gyarados once, and I hated to train this slow-growing Pokemon, so I fed it with fushigi na ame to get it to level 100, I doped it in other words. Thinking back of how I doped my Pokemon, I start to wonder what fushigi na ame really is. They are no ordinary sweets, for that I'm sure; why else would they be >>mysterious candy<<?

My friend mentioned a few days ago, in a joke, how mad-doctors lured patients with >>colourful pills<< or >>colourful sweets<<. This makes me think again about this >>mysterious candy<<.

Why are fushigi na ame not sold anywhere in the games, whilst such as taurin is? Is it rare? No, I don't think so, not after seeing how much candy my Pachirisu picks up sometimes. By the way, the stat-increasing things are rare, too, some even more so! So, why does no shop in the entire Pokemon World (as far as we know) sell these sweets.

The only answer I can find to why it is not sold is, that it is illegal of course. What kind of drugs are we giving to our Pokemon?!

Is fushigi na ame good for our Pokemon?

Let's say it was sold, and rich kids would buy it and feed their level 5 Pocket Monsters till they grew to level 100. Good for the Pokemon? No. The Pokemon, being without battle experience, would be weak. (They have no EV points, they have about 60 stat points less that they should have.) Compare the Pokemon's base stats, with it's stats and its level to see if the Pokemon is below or above the average strength of that Pokemon. (For some reason, wild Pokemon have no EV, like all they did in the wild was eating those sweets, but I guess it's no fun to get an already trained Pokemon, so the programmers made it that way.)

Trained Pokemon does of course not take any harm from eating fushigi na ame, since they already have EV points.

I don't know what other effects fushigi na ame can have (like things not included in the games, because it is just a game after all), but the risk of people misusing it this way on their Pokemon could at least be one reason to why it is not sold.

Why do you find fushigi na ame in the wild?

I doubt it grows in the wild, so why do you find them out in the wilderness (as well as in buildings and other places). A simple answer is that someone has dropped it, but hey, do people have holes in their pockets . . .?

Please post what you think fushigi na ame is! As well as other >>mysterious<< items in the Pokemon World.
    But you see, I only believe what I want to believe :)
    Captain Lincoln Stern, you stand here accused of...
    12 counts of murder in the first degree
    14 counts of armed theft of Federation property
    22 counts of piracy in high space
    18 counts of fraud
    37 counts of rape
    and 1 moving violation....how do you plead?

Winged man prefers night Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Edit View Post
    Now that you guys mention that Shuckle produce Rare Candies, I'm wondering; how come Rare Candies are already in wrappers when a Shuckle in your party makes one? Do the Shuckle produce the wrappers as well? Some aspects of Pokemon don't make sense, do they?
    There are "clothed" Pokémon, so why could not be naturally wrapped Rare Candies?

However, the classic wrapped Rare Candy is just an icon and doesn't mean every Rare Candy is wrapped. I think only the ones obtained from Frontiers/Subway are wrapped, and maybe the ones found in ground just were dropped there (like every other item else).

Besides, the candy-producing mechanic on Shuckle was present only in Gen II, where items didn't have icons at all. So we don't really know if they were wrapped or not.

Me verás volar por la ciudad de la furia...
    - Pokémon games are like boobs; designed for children, but more enjoyed by adults. (Someone on twitter)

Y am I this strong? Mega Uncle Edit Y's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Edit View Post
    Now that you guys mention that Shuckle produce Rare Candies, I'm wondering; how come Rare Candies are already in wrappers when a Shuckle in your party makes one? Do the Shuckle produce the wrappers as well? Some aspects of Pokemon don't make sense, do they?
    There are "clothed" Pokémon, so why could not be naturally wrapped Rare Candies?

However, the classic wrapped Rare Candy is just an icon and doesn't mean every Rare Candy is wrapped. I think only the ones obtained from Frontiers/Subway are wrapped, and maybe the ones found in ground just were dropped there (like every other item else).

Besides, the candy-producing mechanic on Shuckle was present only in Gen II, where items didn't have icons at all. So we don't really know if they were wrapped or not.
    Hmm...I never noticed or thought of that. I guess whoever produces Rare Candies must put them in wrappers once the Shuckle make them.

What a fun question :D
    I'll say there must be a factory that doesn't like people to level grinding or EV training their Pokemon...

I assume the wrappers on rare candy is just a game thing. Because who would want to feed their pokemon candy that was sitting , wrapper-less , stuck to the ground in the hot sun?

The Misconception here is that we're thinking of rare candies as Literal "Candy" but I think the name is a misnomer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12