Where do Rare Candies come from?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where do Rare Candies come from?

Blog Entries

Follow Zeb on Tumblr

Default Where do Rare Candies come from?

This is something I thought about the other day.

The candies are even in wrappers, so it seems like they could be made at a factory, or maybe just a general food place; but then, the candies are not sold in shops (so how would they make enough money to keep producing?) and the name Rare Candy pretty much implies that they probably aren't a mass produced product.

So any crazy theories on this one? :I

Nope Setra's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Setra on Tumblr

Default Re: Where do Rare Candies come from?

Well, they seem to be a product of berries. I dunno, maybe they are what happens to berry juice when it ferments.

My own theory on Rare Candy is that once upon a time they used to be mass-produced, but only at one factory. It was a secret factory, and it would hide the various treats around the world. There was well over a billion, over a trillion even, that's how much candy was produced a day. Rare Candy used to be Sweet Candy. Until one day... One day, there was a terrible accident at the factory. Stuff blows up, and the secret recipe to Sweet Candy was thought to be lost forever. The employees hid the candy that survived all over the world, and Sweet Candy came to be known as Rare Candy for how rare it was.

It was only recently that the recipe for Rare Candy was discovered amongst the ruins of the old factory. It's why they're only purchasable at Battle Frontier facilities, and the PWT. They are made today again, but not to the degree that they used to be.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Blog Entries

I've always wondered what would happen if a human ate one. Probably nothing, but you never know...

Claims: , , Turboblaze, Fusion Flare ➝ icon/banner ★ pixiv

I'm gone.
    Blog Entries

I thought they were a gift from heaven. :3

hyuk hyuk Enzap's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

I know Shuckle's make them. The Pokemon world probably has factories that can synthesize them in a similar process. Although it probably takes either a lot of time and/or money in order to produce them and that's why they're "rare."
    Last edited by Enzap; 29th October 2012 at 12:26 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by smalllady View Post
    I've always wondered what would happen if a human ate one. Probably nothing, but you never know...
    For all we know, it might act like Bane's venom. Grants superhuman strength and durability.

-------------

As for their rarity, maybe the synthesis is expensive and complex, involving many steps and expensive catalysts and reagents.

And as for why you can't buy them, maybe you need a special permit to sell and manufacture them and the pokémarts don't have that license.
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

Maybe the original maker of Rare Candies put a blanket ban on convenient selling of the Rare Candies. They can only be "bought" at Battle Frontier and the like because it's a treat, a reward, or a preparation for hard battles fought there. It adds meaning to the candy, and it would be lost if the Rare Candies were mass-sold at PokeMarts.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

I poke your snoot UnovaCastaway's Avatar
    Blog Entries

They're all handcrafted in small batches, which give them their strength, and it would be hard to mass produce them.

I just love a good leaf Winterdaze's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

Shuckles eat berries, and turn them into the stuff. Shuckle are quite rare, therefore the "candies" will be rare too.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L2n06txedKU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Wish granted ;)

"Persona!"

aka the fireflies guy Vanillish Twilight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Vanillish Twilight on Tumblr

I never really thought about that...but I heard a rumor, if you have a Shuckle and you let it hold berry juice for a really long time it ferments and eventually becomes a rare candy. I'm not sure how long though. Well, other than that, here's my theory:
    All the gym leaders, league champions, frontier brains, and Elite 4 people from all regions gather together secretly and make the rare candies themselves then sell it at the Battle Frontier or Battle Subway and stuff for BP. (I don't think it was factory made because the candies look hand wrapped to me)

Hyping over Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

The most probable result will be similar to N. Pokemon that ate rare candies only grow in levels, but their stats don't change. Same thing happened to N - he grew in physical size but he didn't grow mentaly. There's also a rare candy in his room to indicate that.

As for the candies, Shuckle make them.

Master of Ghosts......... Gengarzilla's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Gengarzilla on Tumblr Visit Gengarzilla's Youtube Channel

Yeah, I'm guessing they were mass produced in a factory using the capabilities of some special Shuckle once as the Mystery Candy. Most of the Shuckle were then stolen by Team Rocket, and since then production levels haven't really been anything to write home about since there weren't much Shuckle left. This would have happened during Generation II.

Some of the Shuckle escaped and fled to the wild, where they were caught by many trainers. These Shuckle would then be used to get Rare Candies, as they were known since the Team Rocket theft, for their new owners. This would also explain why Shuckle can't be used to get Rare Candies in Gen III onwards, because all of the ones encountered there weren't handpicked for the candies creation because of their ability by the company and then stolen.
    I have claimed the Spell Tag and Kasib Berry, along with Adaptability and Shadow Ball. I have also claimed Gastly.

If you think Nintendo need to sue PETA up the ass for making Pokemon Black and Blue, copy and paste this into your sig.

Hypnodance FTW!