whats it like inside a pokeball ?

Thread: whats it like inside a pokeball ?

Drama queen/Bug master PrettyVenomoth's Avatar

Default whats it like inside a pokeball ?

What is it like for the pokemon in a pokeball ? is it cold, warm, wet, cold or hot is it just a big empty space in there or is it like a miniture world where they all relax in there indivisual enviroments and can actually see things. Wouldent it be scary for a baby pokemon to be surounded by darkness

Pokemon can hear in their pokeballs ash tells them comands before they come out so they cant be in a form suspended animation or somthing else. Still how can the hear anything if they have been converted into a ball of light red or white energy ?

Also do the pokeballs like covert every single atom of the pokemon into energy so it can fit into the small ball and then reconstruct them back to normal upon release ? cause like the capture beam is white/crystal and the relsease beam is red so the crystal is de-conructing and the red is reconcruting, but this would be painful wouldent it being sucked into a ball atom by atom how come dosent hurt them?

What do you guys think about pokeballs and how do you think the pokemon live in there ?

(i apologise in advance since i wrote this at 4 am also if theres another thread about this sorry plz feel free to delte my post and direct me this one)
    Last edited by PrettyVenomoth; 5th January 2013 at 09:35 AM. Reason: mistakes from last night

Blog Entries

Default Re: whats it like inside a pokeball ?

I've always imagined it as maybe twice as big as the Pokémon and a comfortable temperature so the Pokémon can just curl up and relax until it's needed. But they can hear things going on outside.
    Some Pokémon don't like Poké Balls because they're claustrophobic, or maybe they just like to be able to see what's going on.

Darkrai is unstoppable!!! Shadowlord XD's Avatar
    Add Shadowlord XD on Facebook
    Visit Shadowlord XD's Youtube Channel

in the manga, u must have seen pokemon in their pokeballs, which means the upper side of the pokeball is translucent, so that should give u a pretty good idea of what's like in there. i remember seeing gold's aipom running around disguised as a white snooker ball in the game corner of goldenrod, so the pokeball must have shrink the pokemon a bit smaller than the pokeball so it could still move around a little. imagine its effect on a wailord xD

I always thought of them as being like the TARDIS or Snoopy's dog house.... bigger on the inside.

Drama queen/Bug master PrettyVenomoth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PhiangJKextreme View Post
    in the manga, u must have seen pokemon in their pokeballs, which means the upper side of the pokeball is translucent, so that should give u a pretty good idea of what's like in there. i remember seeing gold's aipom running around disguised as a white snooker ball in the game corner of goldenrod, so the pokeball must have shrink the pokemon a bit smaller than the pokeball so it could still move around a little. imagine its effect on a wailord xD
    That sounds awsome :p i really really need to read the Manga one day, there is alot more insight there on quite a few things

Sekai de ichiban ojisama. Pratkun's Avatar
    Follow Pratkun On Twitter Add Pratkun on Facebook
    Follow Pratkun on Tumblr

It's pretty much like the manga. The red part is tranparent and the Pokémon inside can see and hear what's happening outside. Though the anime ruined this concept and made it opaque.

Officially claimed Scraggy. GPXPlus profile.

Follow Season On Twitter Add Season on Facebook

Name:  143.gif
Views: 435
Size:  85.9 KB Name:  pokeball.gif
Views: 90741
Size:  384 Bytes

How that, can fit in that is beyond me but I can't really imagine how it would be like inside a Pokeball... complete nothing.

is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

Poké Balls are more of a machine that plucking Pokémon's souls. Controversial thing. However if put out Pokémon from the balls, their souls will return back to their living bodies. Poké Balls are 100% opaque in anime and games, however in some manga, the red side of the ball's transcluent.

Blog Entries

The inside of a pokeball is the pokemon's imagination probably

The Original Sylveon The Guardian Sylveon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I imagine them being how they were portrayed on the Robot Chicken Episode with Pikachu...naw just kidding, but I really don't know. As if they're warm or cold inside I imagine they change temperature depending on the weather remember the Episode where Ash was in the snow cave waiting for help, I think he told his Pokémon to get in there Balls to keep warm so that's maybe a possibility.

Team Eeveelution All The Way!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pratkun View Post
    It's pretty much like the manga. The red part is tranparent and the Pokémon inside can see and hear what's happening outside. Though the anime ruined this concept and made it opaque.
    Quote Originally Posted by S.S. Shadow Minun View Post
    Poké Balls are more of a machine that plucking Pokémon's souls. Controversial thing. However if put out Pokémon from the balls, their souls will return back to their living bodies. Poké Balls are 100% opaque in anime and games, however in some manga, the red side of the ball's transcluent.
    Actually, they way I've thought about it is that the Red part only "Looks" Opaque from the outside but it's possible that it's very much like a two-way mirror: We can't see in but Pokemon can see out.

Either way, the Pokemon within have general "awareness" of the Outside.

I've always thought of Pokemon as almost going into a coma when they are in a Pokeball. They are essentially unconscious. Their state is perfectly preserved while they are inside and they come out in exactly the same state once they come out.

I know in some generations they are affected by poison when inside their Pokeball but that could still make sense if their mind is completely deactivated but their body is not.

Additionally, to give items and use map-only moves such as HMs or Dig etc Pokemon are shown to be out of their Pokeball (even if they are not shown to come out of their Pokeball).