Whatever happened to...

View Poll Results: How do Genwunners affect the Pokemon Community?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • They have a positive influence.

0 0%
  • They have a negative influence.

3 75.00%
  • They have a minimal or no influence.

1 25.00%

Thread: Whatever happened to...

Default Whatever happened to...

...that contest where the winning legendary would be put on a t-shirt from Hot Topic? Did that t-shirt ever surface.

Surprise! winstein's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Whatever happened to...

Quote Originally Posted by Morgil View Post
    ...that contest where the winning legendary would be put on a t-shirt from Hot Topic? Did that t-shirt ever surface.
    No idea. Now, I am a more recent member here, so could you enlighten me on what you are talking about?

Thanks for reading.
    "True loss is for him whose days have been spent in utter ignorance of his self."

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

I'll always remember you~
    Blog Entries

I think they are talking about that Pokemon.com contest. I don't know what happened to it, though.

Visit ZACH ATTACK's Youtube Channel

Default Are "Genwunners" bad for Pokemon?

Genwunners. Some people love them, some people hate them, some people are them. I think they can have a negative effect on Pokemon as a whole because they always shoot down the new concepts Pokemon comes out with and just complain when the old favorites don't have big roles. I wish they would open their eyes to the good things all the newer games have to offer, like improved graphics, expanded movepools, and new evolution lines. Don't get me wrong, I think Charizard is cool (although relatively useless in competitive battling), and Mewtwo is just awesome. But the extent to which some of these people dislike the newer stuff scares me. It could be simply because I started playing with Gen 3, but I also think each Generation gets better and I've played all but Gen 2. So, what does everyone else think? Hopefully, I haven't offended any of the genwunners that could be out there, but I also hope maybe I got some thinking to go out and look into newer things.

Black Friend Code: 4040 9796 7331 | Overall VGC Record: 16-10 | Credit goes to Power of Aura for the signature!

Goronda Type Vice-Webmaster Evil Figment's Avatar Vice-Webmaster
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Are "Genwunners" bad for Pokemon?

So...calling an entire category of fan bad for the fandom because you don't like their preference.

No. Just no.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mintaka and Hurristat
    He's an evil director / He'll give out infractions / Do something wrong / And he takes direct actions
    Then what'll he do?/ He'll permaban you / You find your name slashed / With a message, 'Adieu'
    Sooooo...watch out!
    "It is said that the federal government, if it was in charge of the Sahara, would run out of sand in five years. Private enterprise, being more efficient, would do it in half the time - and they'd make money off the bridges." - me.
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." - Jack Layton's last letter. Rest in peace, Jack.

The leaf lives on... JustAnotherLeafeon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I know exactly what happened. Mew ended up winning the contest, and the shirts were indeed released. I just checked hot topic, and they were sold out. So, yeah.
    Once upon a time there was a leafeon. There wasn't anything special about him. He was just a regular leafeon.
    But there's a story behind the leafeon.

Credit where credit is due.
    Oh look. A deviantART.

Surprise! winstein's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Since this question has been answered, this thread had served its purpose.

Thanks for reading.
    "True loss is for him whose days have been spent in utter ignorance of his self."

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

Default Robot Chicken's Pokemon joke makes me feel old

In the latest episode of Robot Chicken that just finished airing, one sketch had a wrinkly old couple saying to their grandchildren "Eh, i remember when there used to only be 150 pokemon". I laughed like crazy, and then started to feel a little depressed as i realized how old i'm getting.

Also, i laughed when the grandma corrected him with there being 151 and the grandpa calling her a nerd.