What Is Your Rarest Piece of Pokemon Merchandise?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Is Your Rarest Piece of Pokemon Merchandise?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default What Is Your Rarest Piece of Pokemon Merchandise?

What is your rarest piece of Pokemon merchandise?

Mine would be my copy of Japanese Pokemon Red. It's not mint, but I'm still proud to own it seeing as not many Pokemon fans have either Japanese Red or Green.

And while this technically isn't rare, I'm also proud to own a Pokemon mini, probably the smallest video game system of all time. Who else has one of these?

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Default Re: What Is Your Rarest Piece of Pokemon Merchandise?

Probably my Ancient Mew card that my stepbrother gave me along with a ton of other old Pokemon cards last Christmas. You could only get this special card if you saw the first movie in theaters or something like that.

一級空手家! Water Max's Avatar Bulbanews Writer
    Blog Entries
    Follow Water Max On Twitter Add Water Max on Facebook
    Add Water Max on Linkedin Follow Water Max on Tumblr Visit Water Max's Youtube Channel

I think my rarest piece of Pokémon merchandise is my Ancient Mew card or my American copy of Pokémon BOX: Ruby and Sapphire which could only be bought in the Pokémon Centre in New York and is where I bought it because in the UK you could only get it in a bundle of a new Gamecube and Pokémon Colosseum which I already had. @Kelleo; I received my Ancient Mew card when I saw Pokémon the Movie 2000: The Power of One in a cinema.
    Staff member of Bulbanews (Writer).
    Original Poster of the Kingdom of Pokémon [v1.5]-[v4].
    I've claimed Cacturne, Suicune, Hustle, Hydro Cannon and Gary.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Huh, well, I knew you had to see one of the first two movies to get it.

Registered User The Pikachu Prowler's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Probably my Ancient Mew card. Either that, or one of my other cards.

My "Birthday Pikachu" card, and the 23K gold cards that Burger King released. Proudly displayed since 1999. :)

Ancient Mew card and yet I have no idea where I put it. I have a couple of other fairly rare cards as well but I cbf looking them up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by X-Strike View Post
    The 23K gold cards that Burger King released. Proudly displayed since 1999. :)
    The 23K gold cards from Burger King and the Ancient Mew cards are the rarest in my collection. I also have a Japanese Yellow version.
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Drakon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by X-Strike View Post
    The 23K gold cards that Burger King released. Proudly displayed since 1999. :)
    The 23K gold cards from Burger King and the Ancient Mew cards are the rarest in my collection. I also have a Japanese Yellow version.
    Sadly, I don't have that card. I tried to trade a friend for it, but he won't budge. >:(

Blog Entries

I am a proud owner of bootleg Pokemon gold, silver, red, and green versions that my dad got in china on a business trip. Red and Green don't work anymore, but I recall they seemed to be in good english. Golds and Silver are both in chinese (I think), but with english characters. It was quite interesting experiencing the 2nd gen games for the first time but with text that made no sense (probably not even to a chinese person). I remember going to kanto and having no idea that guy who stops you tells you to open the map. Later I tried it and was like "oooooooh AWESOME!"
    Our goal is to get The Pokemon Company International to return the voice actors from the dub by 4Kids. (seasons 1-8)
    If you're interested, please join us at Facebook and sign our petition!
    We're also open to considering passionate Pokemon fans as staff. Your help is valued; only together may we succeed!

Follow Gigatron On Twitter

I have an Ancient Mew card as well (though I wonder as to its rarity now considering so many of us have one, lol), and a few first edition cards from the first Gen (dunno how rare those are, if at all). I had those 23K gold cards as well, but I have no idea if I still have them or not (pretty sure I don't).

My talking Pikachu plush from 1998 is somewhat rare, since you can only really find a handful of secondhand ones on eBay nowadays (and for relatively hefty prices), but I wouldn't say it's particularly rare compared to other merch.

消え人
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Billboards advertising BW from the UK launch. :>

I used to have a 1st Edition Base Charizard and Dark Raichu, but have lost them now. :<

Follow クリスタル On Twitter

My limited edition of NDS Lite, a black NDS Lite with white Dialga and gold Palkia printed on the cover.

Additionally, I attached a small Giratina figure onto this NDS (Just feel a little not good enough, because that Giratina figure was in Another Forme, not Origin Forme...), making it to represent the theme of the creation trio, where two are controlling the fabric of the world, and Giratina was separated from that world.

Yes, the NDS itself is the world of game for me! Each game is a different "world" on its own.
    "人には知らない世界はそこに存在する、そして人には知らない冒険はそこ に始まってる"
    Chapter 1: 謎の世界の生き物、闘うトレーナーたち
    MY PROFILE | AUTHOR'S PROFILE | PIXIV PROFILE

Trophies

I have a cassette with Pokemon The Movie 1 on it and I have two Pokemon Pikachu 2 GS's. And I still have the price on a sticker on them: "$5" well, not anymore, more like $100...
    No.

Probably some of the cards I have. I have Birthday Pikachu (not the Japanese one, so I'm not sure it's worth much), Charizard (Base Set 1, not 1st ed.) and some Ancient Mew cards.

When it comes to games, I have Green and Blue in Japanese. Blue was a preorder game, I think, so maybe it's rare. It wasn't hard to find though when I bought it. My Green version is a later release, like from '97 or '98. But I have an early release of Diamond. While an early release of Diamond perhaps is not rare, it's difficult to know one if you see it. You have to try the glitches. I see Diamond as my most precious Pokemon game because of this. I'm even too paranoid to use it one Wi-Fi or trade with others. Not that this should ruin the game in any way, but I feel I have to be very careful about it, since it could be difficult to find a new one.

I also have a Pokemon T-shirt with the text Gym Leader on it. I don't know if it's any rare though. And I got some gym badges.
    Captain Lincoln Stern, you stand here accused of...
    12 counts of murder in the first degree
    14 counts of armed theft of Federation property
    22 counts of piracy in high space
    18 counts of fraud
    37 counts of rape
    and 1 moving violation....how do you plead?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast