What are your beliefs?

Thread: What are your beliefs?

Blog Entries

Default What are your beliefs?

I have seen a lot of different ways of looking at the pokemon world. Most of them are rooted in the various canons this franchise has. Some think there is only one canon: the main game series itself, as all others were based on it. Others have no specific system they follow, and have their own personal version.

I personally think all the interpretations are valid, as they had to be approved at some point. Of course, this could also mean that pokemon can be interpreted any way you want. Mine is a variation of the anime, only it follows the type alignments more closely, and is allowed some mature themes. Normally, this means that everything is not sunshine and rainbows all the time, but before you think I went all grimdark, it's not that edgy. It's will tug at your heartstrings, but being an optimistic person, things always turn out okay in the end. (Although I am one to also believe in the naughty kind of mature themes as well)

Please do not use this thread to debate on who's interpretation is more correct. I am just curious what others think.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What are your beliefs?

My interpretation is like the real world, but with more rights given to children. Kids are trusted because in this world, the adults are actually aware of their competence and believe sheltering to be unhealthy, hence Pokémon journeys. There is evil and badness in the world, but there is also happiness, contentment, and neutrality.

Blog Entries

I believe the Pokémon world is more or less like what you see in the anime. Good things happen... and so do bad things, but in a lesser degree.
    It is not a grim and twisted world like the one we live in and call "reality".

Regarding the "canon" thing, I personally think every canon is valid. I like to believe that every one of them is a "parallel reality" to each other.
    Some stuff is possible and common in the game canon and other different things are present in the anime and/or manga realities.

Trophies

I'm lean more towards the anime since its interpretation is the most realistic. But I think every canon is valid with the game's canon with their plot and story and the anime's canon either along side it or parallel to it. And there's also another thing I have. The canon isn't all happy and stuff, there's also some... erm... "inappropriate" themes present. God, what is wrong with me?
    No.

Blog Entries
    Add Glitchipedia on Facebook

As far as the plot, I stick to the games, albeit in somewhat broad strokes. I allow for the inclusion of anime- and manga-exclusive locations, provided they don't directly interfere with the games' story, and the inclusion of interesting concepts like Burst. I do tend to alter events I don't like, such as Leaf's fate (she's Red's twin sister in my version) and the ultimate outcome of Ethan/Lyra's battle with Red (in my version, Ethan loses).

Furthermore, I tend to think that 10-11 is NOT the standard starting age for trainers. The protagonists were able to start that young because they were gifted. Most people would actually start at around 16-21, depending on their region.

Oh, and I like to imagine that the Pokémon world is somewhere on (an alternate universe's version of) our own planet Earth. Makes it easier to include pop culture references in fanfics.

And like several others above, I like to include less-than-wholesome themes. Just not in the canon plot—mostly in stuff off to the side.

YouTube projects advertised are in early development and subject to change.

Where is my Mega Zoroark? Bad Apple's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I believe that the humans actually originated from our planet, but then they traveled to the Pokemon world via spaceship and they've been living on the Pokemon world for thousands of years, they eventually forgot about earth. Alien Pokemon are earth's attempts to contact the humans living on the Pokemon world, but all of the attempts have failed. Alien Pokemon are like genetic experiments or living machines made by people living on earth, but no one bothered to give them the ability to speak in any language but repeat their own name over and over.
    "I see you have no soul. Want mine? It's black and gooey" -The Frozen Man

Blog Entries

I mostly follow the games' canon, but I will include aspects (and occasionally characters) from the anime and manga, such as town size. I refuse to include aspects of the anime and manga that I dislike (like Sabrina, Koga, and the Kanto/Johto Elites being villains or Pikachu being able to hit Ground types).

I have to alter certain aspects of the plot to take into account the fact that there are two protagonists. For example, in my headcanon Hilda is the one who leaves Unova, while Hilbert goes back to his family. (It has something to do with the fact that I'm a FerrisWheelShipper.)

Blog Entries

Follow Tsutarja on Tumblr

Pokémon creator Satoshi Tajiri reportedly stated, "This is the comic that most resembles the world I was trying to convey,"
    And indeed, I can't help but feel that Pokémon Adventures really does resemble to true Pokémon universe, there are happy times and sad times - not everything is rainbow and sunshine due to villains, but ultimately encompasses everything that Pokémon is about - friendship, partnership and adventure.

Follow Combusken on Tumblr

They're all "valid" because they're separate (whatever cross-references there are aside). I mainly go with the anime canon, although when it comes to BW/BW2 I like the game's storyline more.

My own BS "version/interpretation" is a mix of the two, and then I "pick-and-choose" which things (ex. which protagonist would be the "champion" in the region, etc., which character version/name I want to go with, blah blah).

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserLugia View Post
    The canon isn't all happy and stuff, there's also some... erm... "inappropriate" themes present.
    Same, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Glitchipedia View Post
    Furthermore, I tend to think that 10-11 is NOT the standard starting age for trainers. The protagonists were able to start that young because they were gifted. Most people would actually start at around 16-21, depending on their region.
    THIS...