What would you think of a series of Pokemon... in an high school setting... - Page 5

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 61 to 72 of 72
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: What would you think of a series of Pokemon... in an high school setting...

  1. #61
    Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    cuyahoga falls ohio
    Posts
    1,086
    Blog Entries
    18

    Default Re: What would you think of a series of Pokemon... in an high school setting...

    I would rather be the one to give the writters an EMMY for each episode starring Cameron and every Filler before i would accept a disaster of this scale. THe only thing in the traditional high school setting would be to focus on the TRAINERs and all of the Shippers go neck and neck at each other. by taking away the travel and the focus on the main point of the show POKEMON (even Ash said Pikachu was the star of the show) i think it would be a disaster...


    Quote Originally Posted by Incoming Mortar View Post
    Gym Leaders=Local College Students.
    Well for BW then it clearly wouldnt be a kids show. With Elesa and Skyla filling those roles all i can say is "Goodnight Everybody"...

  2. #62
    is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Cheaters anywhere
    Posts
    872
    Blog Entries
    18
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

    Default Re: What would you think of a series of Pokemon... in an high school setting...

    High school setting? But I'd prefer Pokémon world in a futuristic setting.

  3. #63
    hi
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    595

    Default Re: What would you think of a series of Pokemon... in an high school setting...

    Since the mods on here are adamant about being "nice" (some of the time anyways), I'll put this the nicest way I can.

    That's not a good idea.

    Mostly because you just want to see these characters in school uniforms. Which is the most stup-

    That is a bad reason to do this. I know this is the reason because you use characters from the manga but you also used character names that are only used in the games/anime. So you don't seem to care who these people are or even what universe they're in, you just want to see them in school uniforms (which there are already quite a few pictures of these characters in school uniforms so there's that).

    Now, you may say, "no, it's about the social issues and characters trying to get along with each other," okay, what characters? In the games most of these are suppose to represent the player, ie. they don't have characters. So, what are you going to do? Have conversations between two characters that don't have characters (or rather a ... talk since they're both silent protagonists)? And if you're going to give them personalities, or have someone else write personalities for them, then why not make new characters? If you're going to do that make your own characters and give them personalities. You don't have to use Pokemon characters (unless you just like the design of the characters but you want to put them in uniforms).

    And if you're referring to the manga then I'm kind of confused since the characters do interact with each other. They do deal with social problems it's just not the focus. The focus is more on these things, these kind of creatures. They're called Pokemon you may have heard of them, it's also kind of the name of this franchise. You know they come out of these, capsule things. Then you get to raise them and battle them. They'd make for a pretty good spin-off if they were in the center focus don't you think? Nah, nobody wants to see magical monsters, I want another dime a dozen high school story. I know I love watching hormone driven teenagers deal with their boring and 'so dramatic' lives. I mean, there are like a dozen battle monsters games but only a thousand high school stories, we definitely need one more mediocre series to add to the bunch.

    Okay, I'm done with the sarcasm, but you get my point I hope. It's just a du- Not a good idea. How about something creative like, I don't know, but when you come up with it tell me, okay?
    Last edited by coolcatkim22; 14th April 2013 at 06:45 PM.
    97SaturnSL1 likes this.
    Computer: There's an e-mail message! ... The 3 legendary bird POKéMON are ARTICUNO, ZAPDOS, and MOLTRES. Their whereabouts are unknown. We plan to explore the cavern close to CERULEAN.
    From: POKéMON RESEARCH TEAM.
    That couldn't have ended well.

  4. #64
    Crimson Fighter Phoenixphlare's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    2,090
    Blog Entries
    195

    Default Re: What would you think of a series of Pokemon... in an high school setting...

    I want to see it because I want to see a Pokemon series lacks the whole "you can do whatever you want when you're ten thing" and actually shows trainers dealing with their responsibilities rather than magically not having any.
    Eradia likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkara
    Gary reveals that he already has six pokemon. And judging by the pokemon around that area I'm guessing he has a rat a bird two bugs AND anouther bird

  5. #65
    Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    cuyahoga falls ohio
    Posts
    1,086
    Blog Entries
    18

    Default Re: What would you think of a series of Pokemon... in an high school setting...

    Quote Originally Posted by coolcatkim22 View Post
    Since the mods on here are adamant about being "nice" (some of the time anyways), I'll put this the nicest way I can.

    That's not a good idea.

    Mostly because you just want to see these characters in school uniforms. Which is the most stup-

    It is a bad reason to do this. I know this is the reason because you use characters from the manga but you also used character names that are only used in the games/anime. So you don't seem to care who these people are or even what universe they're in, you just want to see them in school uniforms (which there are quite a few pictures of these characters in these school uniforms so there's that.
    I couldnt agree more. that is probily half the reason why these high school animes are popular. THE FANSERVICE! ugh! Pokemon does have its moments but the high school setting takes it up to 11 and 14. and i highly doubt the target audience would really care what the characters dressed up in. if pokemon were to do this i can just hear the angry parents now complaining.

    Now, you may say, "no, it's about the social issues and characters trying to get along with each other" okay, what characters? In the games most of these are suppose to represent the player, ie. they don't have characters. So, what you're going to have conversations between two characters that don't have characters (or rather a ... talk since they're both silent protagonists)? And if you're going to give them personalities, or have someone else write personalities for them, then why not make new characters? In that case make you're own characters and give them personalities. You don't have to use Pokemon characters (unless you just like the design of the characters but want to put them in uniforms.
    I would mind actual POKEMON being the students and staff. but the only problem is that there is going to be over 700 pokemon. but for people i mean the current anime handles personality well for the humans (for good and bad) but with the human cast in a hig school anime then we would see so many steriotypes of that genera.

    And if you're referring to the manga then I'm kind of confused since the characters do interact with each other. They do deal with social problems it's just not in the focus. The focus is more on these things, these creatures. They're called Pokemon you may have heard of them, they're kind of the name of this franchise. You know they come out othese, capsule things. Then you get to raise them and battle. They'd make for a pretty good spin-off if they were in the center focus don't you think? Nah, nobody wants to see magical monsters, I want another dime dozen high school. I know I love watching hormone driven teenagers deal with their boring and 'so dramatic' lives. I mean, there are like a dozen battle monsters games and only a thousand high school, we definitely need one more mediocre series to add to the bunch.

    Okay, I'm done with the sarcasm, but you get my point I hope. It's just a du- Not a good idea. How about something creative like, I don't know, but when you come up with it tell me, okay?
    yes the mangas do have more character interaction and development than the anime such as the characters Pearl And Diamond. i also agree that if the sereies was this High school style and it focuesed on the lifes of trainers to see if Hilbert and Rosa are BF GF, to see if Bianca and super shy Cheren may become a couple. or if ELesa will get that modeling carrer, ect ect. NONE OF THAT NEEDS THE LIFE OF THE SEREIS POKEMON! with the actual pokemon taking a back seat or even not releavent the sereies is just pointless. by having the high school setting and getting rid of the actual pokemon as the main focus then tbe series would become like Oruan High School Host Club and "Swimming Anime". AKA Shows that focus and thrive on FANSERVICE...

    I liked all of those last minuet word changes. that was really enjoyable. I do feel that this would fail because of all of the cliches involved.

  6. #66
    Skodwarde's Slave zakisrage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Newcastle, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    392
    Blog Entries
    89

    Default Re: What would you think of a series of Pokemon... in an high school setting...

    Quote Originally Posted by zakisrage View Post
    I would strangle the producers if there was a high school AU. Especially if it was made in the US - think of the stereotyping they'd do!

    Marshal would be cast as the black boy who only listens to rap music and who has "pants on the ground". Likewise, Iris would be cast as the sassy black girl who will get pregnant sometime through the series run.

    Lorelei, Roark, and Shauntal would be made into nerds because of their glasses.

    Wallace and Burgh would be cast as the camp gays because "the arts are gay". Don't even get me started on what they'd do to Dome Ace Tucker.

    Steven Stone would be made into the haughty rich kid just because he's rich. And he would get a guy posse, a la Draco Malfoy. Especially ridiculous because Steven is one of the nicest characters in canon.

    Grimsley would be portrayed as the leader of the gang of bullies, which would consist of Sidney and Karen.

    Either Sabrina, Clair, or Caitlin would be made into the alpha bitch with the cliche girl posse. Especially Caitlin because she's rich in canon.

    Morty and Volkner would probably be cast as the jerk jocks on the sole basis that they're blond and male. Lt. Surge i could understand a bit, since he is a bit of a jerk in canon. But Morty isn't athletic or a meathead. Neither is Volkner. If any writer makes Morty a jerk jock, I'd whoop them real good.

    If they use Gym Leaders, chances are we'll never get to see Blaine, Agatha, Chuck, Pryce, Wattson, Drake, Spenser, Brandon, Byron, Crasher Wake, Bertha, Argenta, Lenora, Clay, and Drayden because they're too old and not what fangirls want to see. Or they'd be cast as the sadistic teachers. (Agatha as a principal would be awesome, though.)
    Update to include X and Y:

    I could imagine Korrina being made into the ditzy cheerleader. They might also cast Malva as one of the gang of bullies (which actually works considering how bitchy she is). Clemont might be a tough one. He's as nerdy as they get, but he's also blond. What to do with him? (Siebold would be made into the stuck-up prep, though.)
    Toutebelle likes this.
    Rhonda: Okay, Curly, I admit it. I'm your secret admirer. And the truth is, no matter how hard I try and fight it, [reading off her hand] I'm really, really wild about you. In fact, I've fallen crazy in love. So what do you say? How does that make you feel?
    Curly: Give Daddy some sugar. (kiss)

  7. #67
    Really Miss Misty ThePalletTownKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    83

    Default Re: What would you think of a series of Pokemon... in an high school setting...

    It would be cool if it's done right I guess, but it didn't work out so well for the Rugrats

  8. #68
    追放されたバカ
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,156
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: What would you think of a series of Pokemon... in an high school setting...

    Honestly, I don't think it could be quite as bad as the main anime is nowadays, but it would still be awkward.

  9. #69
    追放されたバカ Spyspotter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Gender
    Male
    Location
    Zero Isle South
    Posts
    290
    Blog Entries
    12
    Add Spyspotter on MySpace

    Default Re: What would you think of a series of Pokemon... in an high school setting...

    Sounds like the plot of a Disney Channel sitcom. So… no.

  10. #70
    >^ω^< Purrrrr Snugglefox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Yes
    Posts
    583
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: What would you think of a series of Pokemon... in an high school setting...

    I imagine people comparing Krabby in the locker room and then Gary Oak showing up with his giant Krabby.

    Proud claimer of Sylveon, She is a sneaky Magician who
    loves to pounce out of nowhere and Nuzzle me!
    ♡♥♡5 Signatures! Only 499,995 to go!♡♥♡
    US EBAY SELLERS BEWARE!

  11. #71
    Registered User Blahmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Gender
    Female
    Location
    Centauri Prime
    Posts
    86

    Default Re: What would you think of a series of Pokemon... in an high school setting...

    Quote Originally Posted by Spyspotter View Post
    Sounds like the plot of a Disney Channel sitcom. So… no.
    I couldn't agree with you more........

  12. #72
    II.5 Eradia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender
    Genderless
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    648

    Default Re: What would you think of a series of Pokemon... in an high school setting...

    I'd honestly like to see this happen, or something like it. Whether it's with original characters, or with characters from the games, I think it'd work pretty well if it's done correctly.

    People keep talking about "cliches" and over-use of this setting, but if you're going for a 'real' series that an actual animation studio/manga artist would do, it's beyond the realm of fan-fiction and shouldn't be compared to them. I agree there's WAY too many high school fan fictions out there, and not just in Pokemon. Kingdom Hearts is especially notorious for it. But a load of bad/unfinished fan fictions online shouldn't derive your enjoyment or passion from the good examples of the setting. Just look at the Persona series. It's famous for its high-school setting and it always does a great job of it.

    I think as long as the series isn't played over-comically and has a strong sense of reality, I think it'd work. Showing characters balancing their lives as trainers, and their lives as students... I'd find something like that interesting. There's a lot of potential in a series like this, as long as it had the right kind of writing and appropriate fanservice involved. By that, I mean don't keep relying on stereotypical jokes and traditional high school cliches, and don't make an entirely ensemble cast of popular Pokemon franchise characters. Like I said, there's a lot promise, but where there's a chance for something great there's also a chance for it to horribly wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayde View Post
    "OH HOT DAMN! LOOK AT THAT FUCKING BELL! IT'S SMALL AND CUTE AND HAS A FUCKING RIBBON ON IT'S FUCKING HEAD! BACK THIS PARTY VAN UP! I GOTTA CATCH THAT SHIT!!"

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •