What would you think of a series of Pokemon... in an high school setting... - Page 4

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Like Tree66Likes

Thread: What would you think of a series of Pokemon... in an high school setting...

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What would you think of a series of Pokemon... in an high school setting...

If i would know that a series like this would NOT be over cliched like every other High school based anime under the sun then maybe i would warm up to it a little bit but i fear that the POKEMON will be cast to the back burner while the anime would try to focus on more boring and not as amusing things such as romantic relationships and other things that are not whatr made pokemon to what it is today. Just my thoughts....

Blog Entries

Follow Niji on Tumblr

Default Re: What would you think of a series of Pokemon... in an high school setting...

I would cry. It's as simple as that.
    97SaturnSL1 likes this.

Keep on kicking butt, Yuzu!

Who am I? Where am I? JewelsVerne's Avatar

By high school setting do you mean IN high school, or just high school age?

High school setting, no.

High school age, yes. But only if we could go back in time and allow Ash to grow up. Unfortunately I think it's too late for that now.
    97SaturnSL1 and Robo-Floatzel like this.

Soul Silver FC: 1335 6964 5411

White FC: 3525 9470 1419

White 2 FC: 5415 9061 5639

Could potentially be interesting, but I doubt I'd enjoy it. I don't like most "high school"-related things. If it was British-made and more like schools here then I might enjoy it, but even the phrase "high school" just makes me cringe and puts me off haha.
    97SaturnSL1 likes this.

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If we let the People who made Cow and Chicken and Animaniacs make the series how they make the old american toons from the 90s then fine by me. As long as it doesnt have dry Anime cliched Humor and Lovey dovey relationships taking over.

is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

This could be fine for a manga series, but not anime series. If it becomes anime series, it could ruin the whole Pokemon series. Why not more mature setting or Pokemon/Golgo-13 crossover instead? I would like to see seinen manga series (manga for businessmen) based on Pokemon instead.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

No, most definitely not. For one thing, given that the first post of this thread said that the Pokemon would "have little screentime and would be all about the relationship and struggles between the characters in high school", if that is so, then it wouldn't really be about Pokemon, it would basically be Pokemon "In-name-only" and wouldn't have anything to do with the franchise at all, the only thing this High School AU would have would just be that it has "Pokemon" in it's title, and that's it, it would seem like a completely different series.

Also, shojo isn't really the style of the Pokemon franchise, it's always been shonen based from the beginning.

Besides, I agree with many people that High School AU fics are quite overdone and overused, there are many ways to make a story with Pokemon and many different scenarios to try, such as Pokemon in space, or a post-apocalyptic world where Pokemon are more intelligent than humans and can talk and stuff, thing is, fanfic writers just reuse the same concepts over and over.
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Arms... like... nooodles! The Togekiss's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow The Togekiss on Tumblr

High school settings seem to be very cliche, and too romantically focused. Not really something that is to be mixed with Pokemon.
    97SaturnSL1 likes this.

My deviantArt account... http://thetogekiss.deviantart.com/
    Claimed: Togekiss (yay!) ,Oblivious, Pokeradar,and Razor Fang! July 8th, 2012, Air Slash July 20th, 2012

Blog Entries

Thumbs down Re: What would you think of a series of Pokemon... in an high school setting...

I would strangle the producers if there was a high school AU. Especially if it was made in the US - think of the stereotyping they'd do!

Marshal would be cast as the black boy who only listens to rap music and who has "pants on the ground". Likewise, Iris would be cast as the sassy black girl who will get pregnant sometime through the series run.

Lorelei, Roark, and Shauntal would be made into nerds because of their glasses.

Wallace and Burgh would be cast as the camp gays because "the arts are gay". Don't even get me started on what they'd do to Dome Ace Tucker.

Steven Stone would be made into the haughty rich kid just because he's rich. And he would get a guy posse, a la Draco Malfoy. Especially ridiculous because Steven is one of the nicest characters in canon.

Grimsley would be portrayed as the leader of the gang of bullies, which would consist of Sidney and Karen.

Either Sabrina, Clair, or Caitlin would be made into the alpha bitch with the cliche girl posse. Especially Caitlin because she's rich in canon.

Morty and Volkner would probably be cast as the jerk jocks on the sole basis that they're blond and male. Lt. Surge i could understand a bit, since he is a bit of a jerk in canon. But Morty isn't athletic or a meathead. Neither is Volkner. If any writer makes Morty a jerk jock, I'd whoop them real good.

If they use Gym Leaders, chances are we'll never get to see Blaine, Agatha, Chuck, Pryce, Wattson, Drake, Spenser, Brandon, Byron, Crasher Wake, Bertha, Argenta, Lenora, Clay, and Drayden because they're too old and not what fangirls want to see. Or they'd be cast as the sadistic teachers. (Agatha as a principal would be awesome, though.)
    Toutebelle likes this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zakisrage View Post
    I would strangle the producers if there was a high school AU. Especially if it was made in the US - think of the stereotyping they'd do!
    You are so right about it. They always make the blond guys jerk jocks. (That's one reason why the 80s sucked.)

In my fanfics, Burgh is openly gay, so I did think that was funny. And your comments about Marshal and Iris were hilarious!

You're right. Agatha would make a great principal.
    Last edited by Toutebelle; 22nd April 2013 at 09:09 PM.

Registered User RemainsToLinger's Avatar

No, I would not want to watch such an idea. Too many series do the whole high school thing - and ever series has a high school AU fanfiction. The idea doesn't sound interesting to me...Mostly because of the first half of the first post: "With Pokemon having little screentime". Not much in terms of Pokemon; heavy romantic blahblah with Satoshi. That's not very Pokemon to me so I'd personally look at it like it was a weak attempt to get more viewership while throwing away the heart and soul of Pokemon - the Pokemon themself. I know the wording says, "little" and not "no" but Pokemon has always been first and foremost about the Pokemon getting the main focus with Ash's journey just playing between. Back at the beginning even with Ash and Pikachu going through their new partner drama - there was a billion Spearow trying to fight them. Pokemon and Pokemon fights are what made the series...I wouldn't like to see them thrown away just to give a small portion of the fandom their shipservice fill.

It'd be like a High School version of FF7 with Cloud as the new kid torn between the good natured punk Tifa and the girl next door Aries, with his group of emo-ized Vincent, two armed Barrett, Sid the janitor, and the talking - mystery solving coward- tiger cub Red XIII. Oh, and the cruel dean Sephiroth who is always trying to expel and/or sleep with Cloud because if we're fandomizing this might as well go all the way. Taking all the adventure and exploration out of a series that has only been about that just to have teen angsty. There are ENOUGH series out there in the world with the teen angst thing, let's not bring it into everything. I don't think a vast majority of us want to see a high school version of Les Miserable or the Justice League or The Wizard of Oz or any and all series that aren't about teens.

Or a Teen Titans without the action or character development just for the sake of stupid humo...oh, nevermind.

It seems like pandaring just to get more viewership while sacrificing everything the series use to be and was built on.
    Sir Fabulous and 97SaturnSL1 like this.
    Hmmm...Nope, I can't think of a think for a signature nor do I have any pictures I think would fit.

End transmission, please.

Blog Entries

Maybe we could use the Pokemon themselves as the high school students. That might be a good idea. Chansey could be the school nurse, Smeargle could be the art teacher, Alakazam could be the math teacher, and one of the legendaries could be the principal. Pikachu could be the star kid and Clefairy could be the alpha bitch.

The Deceiver Pokemon Team Gaara's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is what we have fanfictions for. Plus, it's never even about high school, its just shipping your favorite pairs together.

Something like this would be awful! Pokemon having little screen time...in POKEMON?!? That's not Pokemon anymore, hell, it'd probably barely be about the "high-school struggles" it'd like the equivalent to Rock Lee's Springtime of Youth.

No offense, but keep this stuff in fan-fics.
    Sakuraa and 97SaturnSL1 like this.

Electrifyingly Adorable Sakuraa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Team Gaara View Post
    This is what we have fanfictions for. Plus, it's never even about high school, its just shipping your favorite pairs together.

Something like this would be awful! Pokemon having little screen time...in POKEMON?!? That's not Pokemon anymore, hell, it'd probably barely be about the "high-school struggles" it'd like the equivalent to Rock Lee's Springtime of Youth.

No offense, but keep this stuff in fan-fics.
    This so much. This is why I hate fan-fics like these. Nothing but shipping and sometimes there are no Pokemon. No Pokemon in a Pokemon story/series makes no sence. Or sometimes the Pokemon are used as nothing more than tools to push along a ship. (I'm looking at you Pika and ChuChu.)

Also, the high school setting just doesn't seem very useful for a series that is based around traveling around a reigon to battle opponents, thwart evil teams, and gain badges. It would be almost as boring and repetive as the current anime, but with even less action.

So in other words, I'd hate and be devastated if a series like this ever came into existance.
    Team Gaara and 97SaturnSL1 like this.

Blog Entries

Gym Leaders=Local College Students.
    E4=Teachers.
    Champions=Staff.
    Rivals=Side Characters.
    Professors=Homeroom Teachers

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast