What would you think of a series of Pokemon... in an high school setting...
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What would you think of a series of Pokemon... in an high school setting...

Mix of the Ice Type
    Palermo as a person, but GaiaBurgh as a mix. Palmita is from the Pixie Town.

Thumbs up What would you think of a series of Pokemon... in an high school setting...

With the pokemon having little screentime... all about the relationship and struggles between the characters in high school? the main characters are the "principal" characters (Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Kris, Silver, May, Brendan, Emerald, Wally, Lucas, Dawn, Barry, Lyra, Hilbert, Hilda, Bianca, Cheren, N, Hugh, Hilbert 2.0, Hilda 2.0) aged-up, japanese-name-ified, and put in high school uniform. Also changed to resemble shoujo-style.

Blog Entries

Follow Midorikawa on Tumblr Visit Midorikawa's Youtube Channel

Default Re: What would you think of a series of Pokemon... in an high school setting...

It would definitely be interesting to see, and I would enjoy it

Blog Entries
    Add Glitchipedia on Facebook

Default Re: What would you think of a series of Pokemon... in an high school setting...

With those characters? No. With original characters, set between games and using them as the 'verse's backstory? Yeah, I'd go for that. Though I think the Pokémon and humans should get about equal screentime (say, for any given episode, one plotline has (a) student(s) focusing on Pokémon, and another plotline has students focusing on each other/themselves?).

Actually, I'm trying to do something like that as we speak, but that's a discussion for another thread.

YouTube projects advertised are in early development and subject to change.

That would definitely be interesting to see. I've been waiting to see something like this. However, I'd probably agree with Glitch and say they should be original characters.
    URPG Member, Approver, Senior Referee, Grader, Ranger and Judge

Logs
    Referee, Grader, Judge, Ranger
    AIM: WebDragoon1337

Crimson Fighter PhilosophyPhlare's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I can definitely see a alternate universe or other part of the pokemon world where the education beyond 5th or 4th grade is free to the public like in our world and it would be pretty interesting to see. I would prefer if it would focus more on the human characters. What I'd like to see is the students constantly having wagers on pokemon battles maybe some varsity plot.

I could see this working as a video game anime or manga. I wouldn't mind it being short though. Think it would be better a short runner
    Nyanners is love. Nyanners is life.

Proud Pokeservative! 97SaturnSL1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

id be intersting to watch Pokemon high depending on how the storyline goes.i think it would be less painful to look at a welding arc without a mask if it happens to be a worst case scenario in the story line

Blog Entries

I wouldn't mind seeing a shoujo Pokémon anime series.

Master of all balls. Pocket Ace's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Definitely would be a great manga idea. Trainers in high school plus their Pokemon. And agree that it should be OCs, not the PCs/Rivals.

Credits to @Power of Aura :D

Every franchise out there has a High School AU, official or from fans. OTL It bugs me so much. Pokemon doesn't need an HS AU.
    Signature is a WIP for the moment.
    For now, I have claimed: Mewtwo, Member's Card, Wide Lens, Honey Gather, and Psystrike.

Berry Incinerator Heatmor C. Dawson's Avatar

I think not. It may have been novel about fifteen years ago, but there have been so many "magic/special high school" stories that the genre has become stale and hard to take seriously.

It would definitely be interesting, at least. I'd say that it's unlikely, but then they almost made a high school AU show for Batman, so why not XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Zima
    My childhood just had a gun shoved up its ass.

Blog Entries

I would never want a high school AU. Plus it wouldn't work with Pokemon.

What is up with high school AUs anyway? They're often worse than actual shows about high school.

Do you honestly think there are no pokemon high school fanfictions? FanFiction

Every other fanfic is a high school AU.
    High school fics are never done right and quite frankly, they are generic and unimaginative.

There are so many other scenarios that can be done with the world of Pokemon, yet fanfic writers keep flocking to this same overdone concept.
    It's enough to drive a person mad.
    [avatar: pixiv]

Crimson Fighter PhilosophyPhlare's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Heatmor C. Dawson View Post
    I think not. It may have been novel about fifteen years ago, but there have been so many "magic/special high school" stories that the genre has become stale and hard to take seriously.
    Sorry bout the late response but both these quotes are kinda related so I want to address them both

Who said the school itself had to be any different to schools in our world it makes perfect sense for the school to have no pokemon related classes except biology. I think that would be interesting to people in the pokemon world studying things that aren't pokemon. Besides it doesn't have to be at the school itself much just have the students hang out after school and on weekend talk and have some evil stuff going on but everyone has pokemon. The main point of it being in high school is the setting is stationary and tthe characters are older.

Quote Originally Posted by Terra Voltage View Post
    Every other fanfic is a high school AU.
    High school fics are never done right and quite frankly, they are generic and unimaginative.

There are so many other scenarios that can be done with the world of Pokemon, yet fanfic writers keep flocking to this same overdone concept.
    It's enough to drive a person mad.
    True but not everyone read fan fiction regularly and the only non rp high school AU's I have any personal experience with are Gothom high scans and Armored adventures. And again it would be different enough if the student aren't learning about pokemon in school. And this is about the idea of an official series so you wouldn't have to worry bout the done wrong thing that much.

I think this could really work. They could have a tournament plot a mob plot which would work well with the one city setting romance plot. And they could keep short 15 chapters if it a manga 12 episodes if it's an anime downloadable title rather than a retail title if it a game
    Nyanners is love. Nyanners is life.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast