What would you think of a pokemon game in 3D

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What would you think of a pokemon game in 3D

Question What would you think of a pokemon game in 3D

Seriously this is for a school presentation what would you people think about a pokemon game in 3D meaning something like zelda the ocarina of time and super mario 64. A game with free roam but keeps the Pokemon theme of going around citiies getting badges. What's your opinion??

Just like Colosseum and XD, it would suck badly.
    This style of camera does not suit to Pokemon. Please, do not give me this crap, NEVER! Pokemon's camera should stay as it is, Diamond and Pearl are enough of a 3D. It is not that they can't have the graphics be better, but another style of a game would NOT be Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash_Pokemaster View Post
    Just like Colosseum and XD, it would suck badly.
    This style of camera does not suit to Pokemon. Please, do not give me this crap, NEVER! Pokemon's camera should stay as it is, Diamond and Pearl are enough of a 3D. It is not that they can't have the graphics be better, but another style of a game would NOT be Pokemon.
    but i mean in a revolutionary way with the new consoles such as the wii and 'possibly' the ps3 and xbox 360 because i think it's time for something new

Na.....I disagree with you Squida. But i agree with Ash Pokemaster.
    Pokemon Colosseum and XD were the shittest pokemon games ive ever played. i rate them higher the pokemon trading card game which was still dissappointing. Pokemon should just stick to the gameboy. It is the way pokemon was meant to be set out as a game and should stay that way. If it was brought onto the wii or ps3, it would only sell because people would be interested. not because it is a great game

any other opinions?

people need to move on i mean the original idea is still great and it should stay forever but it's time for Nintendo and Game Freak to come up with somthing that will really put Pokemon on the map for the people who thinks it's a little kids game.

I think it would be great if there were a 3D Pokemon game that works like the portable games. Pokemon Colosseum and Pokemon XD were excellent games (contrary to what has been stated here) and I certainly wouldn't mind trying a 3D badge collecting game.

Quote Originally Posted by Squida View Post
    but i mean in a revolutionary way with the new consoles such as the wii and 'possibly' the ps3 and xbox 360 because i think it's time for something new
    Right, sometime in the future Nintendo and Sony will be friends

Pocket Monsters in 3D would be cool, but they can't make 3D games. Look at Colloseum, the graphics are worse than Stadium and they lack animations for attacks that miss their target, the game is slow and 'squary' and they don't even have sound effects for footsteps when you're waking around. Pokémon would be a great game in 3D . . . if some like SqaureEnix would program it or any one else that can make 3D games.
    Captain Lincoln Stern, you stand here accused of...
    12 counts of murder in the first degree
    14 counts of armed theft of Federation property
    22 counts of piracy in high space
    18 counts of fraud
    37 counts of rape
    and 1 moving violation....how do you plead?

I think a game in 3D could work well, its just that the people at Game Freak would have to put in a lot of work for it.

And as evidenced by the lot of other 3D games they have done in the past, a lot of work is a problem, i.e. their recycled Pokemon models from older games, their stale graphics a good portion of the time, ect.

I do agree handled correctly a 3D version of the GBA games would rock.

And I didn't have any major problems with Colloseum or XD, and they definately didn't have worse graphics then Stadium.

They did have worse graphics. The colours were different and (this is not about the graphics, more the animations) they DO NOT have animations for attacks that miss the opponent. Also attacks that strikes several times is much slower. In Stadium your pokemon attacked once and your opponent was hit, say, 5 times. In Colloseum you pokemon attacks again between the hits, so that means the camera view have to change several times, causing to take a long time.
    But some things are better in Colloseum: the music (I like the battle music very much), the graphic of the animations, the story mode.
    I Colloseum and XD did not have worse graphics they had the same graphics as Stadium (at least the pkmn models).
    18 counts of fraud
    37 counts of rape

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Te-em View Post
    Pocket Monsters in 3D would be cool, but they can't make 3D games. Look at Colloseum, the graphics are worse than Stadium and they lack animations for attacks that miss their target, the game is slow and 'squary' and they don't even have sound effects for footsteps when you're waking around. Pokémon would be a great game in 3D . . . if some like SqaureEnix would program it or any one else that can make 3D games.
    Yer a company like Square Enix would be really good i mean look at kingdom hearts's graphics thats what i meant.

Honestly, I like my Pokémon portable. 3D is okay for the spin-offs, but the main series should never be on the Wii/other Nintendo non-handheld console...

+Satoshi Fangirl+

Yes, Pokémon should remain portable. But DS is capable of 3D graphics. At first I thought the battles in D/P would look like Stadium or something.
    18 counts of fraud
    37 counts of rape

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast