What is up with NOA/Pokemon USA being so difficult? (For a lack of a better word)

Thread: What is up with NOA/Pokemon USA being so difficult? (For a lack of a better word)

Default What is up with NOA/Pokemon USA being so difficult? (For a lack of a better word)

I'm sure some of you know the incident with Pokemon Palace Network. Pokemon USA had the government raid the site owner's home and take his computer, GBA, and other things just because he was posting Japanese game information that had already been officially revealed. What the heck?! He wasn't making money off of the information in any way at all. Just like this site, Pokebeach, Serebii and others don't. The site is sadly gone now.

Then there was the incident where some Nintendo of America worker was harassing Pokebeach for posting Japanese game information for either Diamond/Pearl or Black/White. Again, this information was officially released by the Japanese company. Any idea what brought that all on? If they were selling anything then there would be a reason for action.

I never saw any Japanese Nintendo employees acting like such morons.

Default Re: What is up with NOA/Pokemon USA being so difficult? (For a lack of a better word)

I haven't heard of this. Why did this occur? When did this occur? Where'd you get this info from?

Default Re: What is up with NOA/Pokemon USA being so difficult? (For a lack of a better word)

Quote Originally Posted by AuraSoul93 View Post
    I haven't heard of this. Why did this occur? When did this occur? Where'd you get this info from?
    Pokémon Palace Network owner raided by U.S. government - Bulbanews

Fansites served with copyright infringement notices - Bulbanews

Like I said. They were not releasing info that had not already been officially released.

Blog Entries

It could have something to do with SOPA where this made companies even attack fan artists, this could be linked to it and it wouldn't surprise me. Stupid SOPA, no one likes you go home!

But this would be relevant as the Pokemon of USA could be getting mad people are getting information elsewhere so using this stupid SOPA as legal action or whatever.

FC: 4725-8143-3936 Y: Serenade AS: Lys
    Claims: Mega Gyarados, Noble Roar, Stance Change, King's Rock, Reshiram Doll