9 50.00%
  • Steel

6 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: What types do you use and why?

★ Pokémon Proffesor ☆
    Blog Entries

Default What types do you use and why?

As a trainer what types do you use? What's your favorite? On B&W I'm Dragon and Electric with very occasional water type moves. I've always felt that I've been most powerful with electric. I also love dragon and it seems like nothing can hurt them. My Hydreigon uses Surf which is easy to use on those Fire types of course. Sometimes I'll use my lugia for his Hydropump and Insane Sp.Def, but that's the only Pokemon that's not Dragon or Electric. As for the TCG it's Electric and until Dragon comes out (Can't wait!!) it's Poison as secondary.

I've always liked dragons, I am always drawing them of course. Also I like electric since it recharges my Laptop 'n all.. XP

Formerly GTT Grass Type Warrior's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What types do you use and why?

Definitely, without exception ever, I will always use a Grass type, a Water type and a Fire type on my teams. The other Pokemon change depending on the game and the options available, though Dragon types are not uncommon in my teams either. They're not absolute staples, but they tend to show up frequently.
    SoulSilver FC: 1334-2716-6164
    Platinum FC: 1591-7683-8872

Blog Entries

I voted for all of them because I like using a variety of types. ^^;

Blog Entries

Dark types, always. My team is not complete without at least one dark type.

Surprise! winstein's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

The nature of the topic seems to suggest it's more about Video Games because fans normally talk based on the video Games, but this seems to cover the TCG as well, which is not as popular as the Video Games in this forum, so I am yet to know if this needs moving.

Anyway, I always like to use Ghost-types whenever I can, but their rarity makes it difficult for them to fit into a team. Grass-types are also quite fine, and is definitely a staple in any team of mine. If it's the TCG, I imagine I would play around with the Grass-type to see how they fare. I do like how some cards look to be quite useful, like Serperior's Royal Heal (heals every Pokemon for 10HP once a turn) and Amoonguss' Sporeprise (does Poison and Confusion after evolution).

Thanks for reading.
    "True loss is for him whose days have been spent in utter ignorance of his self."

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

You Are (Not) Fine Winterdaze's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Winterdaze on Tumblr

I always have an Electric and Grass type, and try to include Bug, Ice and Poison types where I can. That's right, besides Electric the types I love are all the crappiest ones in the game :|
    I dislike Steel types, but having one on your team is kind of mandatory if you don't want to be raped by Dragons, so I usually include one anyway.

From Leyend to Myth Infinity Mk-II's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Which ones do I use, or which ones WOULD I use more because I like them?

I don't particularly like Normal types, but I find them extremely useful and I can't stay without them.

Similarly I love Bug types, but they are pretty hard to use in-game and often fall back.

I most of the time do always use Grass (predominantly) and Electric. Dragon or Ice also always seem to make way into my team too, and less frequently Steel, Dark, and Ghost.

Strangely, in contrast I almost never use Water types or Flying types...

[/overexposition]

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

I forgot to choose Flying... I always have a birdie on my team. Or at least any flying-type, or anyone knowing Fly.

I put a Steel type on my team whenever I can, and I also prefer to have one of the main Fossil-pokes on my main team.

A water type is always included because of Surf, and from time to time, I use Psychic because a lot of them can cover Dark and Ghost type moves as a back-up

★ Pokémon Proffesor ☆
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by winstein View Post
    The nature of the topic seems to suggest it's more about Video Games because fans normally talk based on the video Games, but this seems to cover the TCG as well, which is not as popular as the Video Games in this forum, so I am yet to know if this needs moving.

Anyway, I always like to use Ghost-types whenever I can, but their rarity makes it difficult for them to fit into a team. Grass-types are also quite fine, and is definitely a staple in any team of mine. If it's the TCG, I imagine I would play around with the Grass-type to see how they fare. I do like how some cards look to be quite useful, like Serperior's Royal Heal (heals every Pokemon for 10HP once a turn) and Amoonguss' Sporeprise (does Poison and Confusion after evolution).

Thanks for reading.
    This is more in the Pokemon Franchise in general. Even what you would use as a trainer in the Pokemon world. But if the discussion starts aiming towards videogames completely then I would suggest moving it.

I can't really vote on a favourite type, I have several and my teams are usually pretty balanced. If I had to pick one, I'd say Water, as I usually pick the water-type starter and I'm very fond of having a Gyarados in my main team due to its reliability during the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayde View Post
    "OH HOT DAMN! LOOK AT THAT FUCKING BELL! IT'S SMALL AND CUTE AND HAS A FUCKING RIBBON ON IT'S FUCKING HEAD! BACK THIS PARTY VAN UP! I GOTTA CATCH THAT SHIT!!"

I chose Fire and Psychic. In Black, my team has the three fully-evolved starters, Reshiram, Victini, and Mewtwo. I didn't deliberately have a lot of Fire types... it just happened (Emboar was my started, Reshiram was important to the story and I never got rid of him, and I just like Victini. As for Psychic types... they've always been my favourite. I'd have a Mew on my team as well, but I haven't gotten around to transferring him from my HeartGold yet. My Mewtwo is my best... maybe because hes at the highest level... but he's that event Mewtwo so he has attacks which cover his weaknesses (all except Bug, but I have a lot of Fire-types to handle that). Mewtwo can almost single-handedly wipe out the entire Elite Four.

As far as the TCG goes... I stopped playing years ago, but I occasionally play for fun with my old deck (against a friend who uses an old deck... I tried playing against someone with a new deck and the new cards are so much better that I didn't stand a chance, lol). My deck is completely Psychic-type with some Rattatas (20 damage with a single energy, and no retreat cost). I like it how the ghosts had no weakness, lol. My finishing move was always to evolve an Abra into Kadabra (or sometimes a Natu into Xatu) and use Super-Psy... as a matter of fact, I relied on it, probably too much, because if I got a bad hand or didn't draw Abra or Kadabra in time then I never stood a chance. We would always joke around and refer to Super-Psy as Super-Size, lol