What are Pokeballs made of? - Page 3

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: What are Pokeballs made of?

Blog Entries

Follow Egghatch on Tumblr Visit Egghatch's Youtube Channel

Default Re: What are Pokeballs made of?

They're obviously made of magical plastic!
    Floop.

PKMN Soldier PKMN Soldier Bonvie's Avatar

That's called a built in speaker.... Is an iPhone just a screen and plastic?
    Character Name: Bonvie
    White FC: 4599-0308-0635
    PGL Nickname: Bonvie

Member of the PKMN League Military; Protecting the League from all threats.

not realy sure but i remember in that episodes where Jessie released her Dustox, she was able to stomp on Dustox's Pokeball quite easily

EVERYBODY PUT YA HANDS UP

The outside could be made out of a metal somewhat like steel and aluminum. For all we know, Pokéballs are VERY durable and don't seem to rust. Only the hardest of forces could break Pokéballs (or mostly-strong forces as seen in the anime). The inside would be where all the microchips and data can be stored. Because the Pokéball expands and contracts, I would imagine that the metal-ish product would "thin out" when it expands. When the Pokéball is in its shrunken state for storage, the walls would be a little bit thicker.

If you ever look inside of a Pokéball in the anime, the computer chips only seem to make up about 33% of the the insides or so. When the Pokéball shrinks and expands, the chips could easily slide into place assuming that there are little groves to give them some wiggle room.

Blog Entries

Consider the anime when a pokeball got thrown at someone like Jessie or Ash, it obviously hurt and they even got that lump on their head so whatever it is, has to be hard (But as Lil said, how does it explain that Jessie can obviously step on it so easily, unless she's just that strong, but I imagine anything could hurt if you have it thrown at your head hard enough).

Although the anime alone may be unreliable. Why did Ash so easily break Snorlax's pokeball in one Orange Islands episodes by just dropping it on a rock and then other pokeballs that TR have taken to the skies suddenly fall out and land on the ground unharmed.
    My RP Character's Pokemon! Click to feed them! Each of their Signature Pokemon in Order:
    Kathany, Amber, Piper, Kate, Zoey and Lane.

Blog Entries

According to the anime, when the release mechanism on the Pokeball is pressed, it materializes a Pokemon that can be massive, not to mention heavy. Pokeballs, with said massive and heavy Pokemon inside, somehow fit the Pokemon inside, and apparently weigh very little. I'd like to know what materials the inside is made of, personally. There must be something to make the Pokemon inside both weightless and devoid of any mass whatsoever, while retaining the ability to attack (thus how captures may fail). Dimensional distortion of some sort?

Turtles All The Way Down Continent Turtle's Avatar
    Add Continent Turtle on Facebook
    Visit Continent Turtle's Youtube Channel

I vote unobtainium.
    I claimed Leavanny!
    I claimed Albert Wesker!
    I claimed Ghirahim!

Follow juiceboxxx On Twitter
    Follow juiceboxxx on Tumblr

Okay, I did make the "magic and Nintendium" post a while back, but that's more or less what I actually believe Pokeballs are made of.

MAYBE I SHOULD ELABORATE.

TVTropes basically sums up my views on the Pokemon world here. I believe Apricorns have some sort of mystical property that makes them suitable vessels for Pokemon-much like how some plants in the real world are said to have magical properties, like warding off evil spirits.

In prehistoric times and some ancient societies, people hadn't perfected the skills needed to carve out and refine Apricorns to where you could have a reliable Pokeball, so people walked with their Pokemon and used traps to capture them.

During the Dark Ages/Middle Ages, people had FINALLY perfected a decent technique for converting Apricorns to Pokeballs. This was the standard Pokeball for many centuries, but around the time of the Industrial Revolution more durable ones made of steel and other metals came about. These non-Apricorn balls had Apricorn extract/gel on the insides, retaining the magical qualities of the original Pokeball while still being more durable.

Their design was more or less the same kind that young Samuel Oak uses in the movie with Celebi. Despite being more durable than the original Apricorn balls, these were still prone to denting and rusting.

Sometime in what would be the equivalent to our world's 1960s/1970s, Silph Co. created a new kind of Pokeball. Like the steel balls it had a mixture of Apricorn extract/gel on the inside, but instead of metal it was made of a Nintendium-like plastic compound. EXTREMELY durable, and no one knows the exact chemical composition of it outside of the company itself.

Oh, and by the way, the word "Pokeball" is a genericized trademark, just like Band-Aids, Jello and Q-Tips. Silph Co. has the trademark on the name "Pokeball" and its balls are the only ones marketed as such, but people mostly refer to all capture balls as Pokeballs regardless of their manufacturer.

Silph Co. and the Devon company hold, between the two of them, pretty much the monopoly on Pokeballs--think of it like how Microsoft and Apple are with computers. Though, Silph Co. makes more revenue than the Devon company by a small margin.

Blog Entries

I think Poke'Balls are made of a high grade plastic material, and there is a mechanism inside that beams the Poke'mon down to a very small size, thus explaining the red light that beams out of a Poke'Ball. But the higher performance Great Balls and Ultra Balls would be made of maybe carbon fiber and the like, and probably have a stronger and higher quality laser capture system, making the effectiveness in catching Poke'mon double or triple.
    ---The Team---

My rare PKMN Cards:http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/1470679-post31.html
    My fanfiction: http://tinyurl.com/8a9st44

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

It definitely is covered (inside and out) with something water-proof

Minion of the Damned cityvillain's Avatar

Which made me wonder, is the pokeball inspired from Foongus & Amoonguss??

Or are they manmade pokemons? O_O
    Kenta's Pokemon Party

EV-Wizard/PeculiarBattler League's Avatar
    Firstly, the Teleportation zone. Thirdly, the "Onoka" Elite Four. Fourthly, the Garden Grotto. Secondly, Oak's laboratory. And lastly, A hoedown-deeny hoedown!
    Blog Entries

Pokeballs are modified Voltorbs.
    sonic10158 likes this.
    Feel free(r) to discuss Battle Strategy with me--I'll discuss anything really.

Besides being a strange (retired) battler with a storied, legendary, mythical, exaggerated, and relatively unknown career, I am also an amateur English B&W anime reviewer. (pachiba, you like?)

And I take hoedowns seriously.

I'm a Biotic God. FEAR ME sonic10158's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cityvillain View Post
    Which made me wonder, is the pokeball inspired from Foongus & Amoonguss??

Or are they manmade pokemons? O_O
    Or maybe the inventor of the 'modern' Pokeball got the idea of the Red-Black Stripe-white design from Foongus/Amoonguss and during the days where the person was building the balls, something happened causing Voltorbs and Electrodes to be created

Minion of the Damned cityvillain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sonic10158 View Post
    Or maybe the inventor of the 'modern' Pokeball got the idea of the Red-Black Stripe-white design from Foongus/Amoonguss and during the days where the person was building the balls, something happened causing Voltorbs and Electrodes to be created
    yes that sounds like a good theory. But why Foongus? lol...
    Kenta's Pokemon Party

maybe silicon, due to my theory that pokemon are turned into data when inside a pokeball

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast