What are Pokeballs made of? - Page 2

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: What are Pokeballs made of?

Default Re: What are Pokeballs made of?

I think it depends on the pokeball. All of them do have a magical energy substance, but some are different from others, because of all the different pokeballs there are, and how they work the best.
    martianmister likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveeanne View Post
    Here's my theory. ---
    A good theory and all, mostly the same as I have.
    You still don't have to shout at loud "Come on out!" or something, I prefer the system recognizes your hand-movements too.

What comes to the material current Poké Balls are made of, I'd say it's some ingredient found only in the Pokémon World. Possibly close to a light metal. I personally can't believe they're made of plastic.

Everything is possible.

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What I believe is, that Pokéballs are mostly made of some sort of metal unique to the Pokémon world. However, I think nano technology also plays some sort of role, since such advanced technology would be difficult, if not impossible, to keep inside a ball-sized container with only regular sized materials. However, that still leaves the question on how apricorn Pokéballs work... Think I'll come back to this thread later if I find a decent answer.

You are all wrong.

Pokéballs are made of PURE AWESOME!!
    **PiKikiChu**

A E I Own You. PikachuColoredPichu's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Metal...I guess? *shrug*

Banana eating Gengar GengarEatBanana's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm guessing it's not comprised of metal, or at least not very hard metal. Isn't it shown that Pokeballs can break in the anime? I'm not sure, I'm not really an anime person >_>
    White FC: 2237-0577-3400
    Bulbagarden PO Server!
    P.World | N.World

Lower-quality balls—normal Pokéballs—might be made of copper. Higher-quality balls—Great Balls all the way up to Master Balls—might be made of silver of varying purity. The reason being that silver is the most electrically conductive element, followed by the cheaper copper. I think there's a good chance that Pokéballs convert Pokémon to electromagnetic energy, so that would be important.

Well, I think that Poke balls are made out of a light, thin metal on the inside, but I don't know what the outside would be. I think the inside of the Apricorn balls don't really matter, it's the outside, since the color of the apricorn determines the properties that the poke ball will have. That's why regular poke balls and master balls look different on the outside.

Maybe all poke balls are the same on the inside, but the outside skin determines the strength or special capabilities of it.
    3DS Friend Code ~ 1762-2785-8494

Add me and give me yours!!

Loving all things Eevee Eeveeanne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer G View Post
    A good theory and all, mostly the same as I have.
    You still don't have to shout at loud "Come on out!" or something, I prefer the system recognizes your hand-movements too.

What comes to the material current Poké Balls are made of, I'd say it's some ingredient found only in the Pokémon World. Possibly close to a light metal. I personally can't believe they're made of plastic.
    I believe what ever it is, its made from a material similar to Apricorns in the pokeworld. that's why Kurt could make specilaized pokeballs.

Blog Entries

I would assume its something like Carbon Fiber? Its a strong substance that still has a very low weight.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeveeanne View Post
    I believe what ever it is, its made from a material similar to Apricorns in the pokeworld. that's why Kurt could make specilaized pokeballs.
    Maybe the frame inside is made of Apricons, and the shell of some light metal?

Everything is possible.

EV-Wizard/PeculiarBattler League's Avatar
    Firstly, the Teleportation zone. Thirdly, the "Onoka" Elite Four. Fourthly, the Garden Grotto. Secondly, Oak's laboratory. And lastly, A hoedown-deeny hoedown!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpes View Post
    Lower-quality balls—normal Pokéballs—might be made of copper. Higher-quality balls—Great Balls all the way up to Master Balls—might be made of silver of varying purity. The reason being that silver is the most electrically conductive element, followed by the cheaper copper. I think there's a good chance that Pokéballs convert Pokémon to electromagnetic energy, so that would be important.
    I think that what pokeballs do is something along Fox's lines, because it makes the most sense as to how both capture and storage work. Otherwise, they may just space out / scatter the molecules making up a pokemon for storage, and regather them when the pokemon is sent out. (I'm pretty sure that I got this idea from Tron Legacy...)

Or they could maybe just scatter the common elements, and store the others.

That said, pokeballs would, I'd think, have a strange application of various rare earth metals.
    Feel free(r) to discuss Battle Strategy with me--I'll discuss anything really.

Besides being a strange (retired) battler with a storied, legendary, mythical, exaggerated, and relatively unknown career, I am also an amateur English B&W anime reviewer. (pachiba, you like?)

And I take hoedowns seriously.

PKMN Soldier PKMN Soldier Bonvie's Avatar

Metal is mandatory for conductance in the internal circuitry (preferably silver, as there is less natural ohm strength to weaken the power). As of Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, it's safe to say that an Aura Crystal is embedded near the core or internal shell of the pokeball. The circuitry would be used to energize the Aura Crystal. Probably utilizes a small watch battery to keep it running. Wouldn't be surprised if the routine visits to the pokemon center are used to recharge the power supply. Likely utilizes collapsible, curved blades that withdraw to allow for the re-sizing of the pokeball.

In fact, I could theoretically design the Devon Pokeball series alongside blueprints to explain how the process works scientifically. (Note that the Aura Crystals are required to explain any of it.)

Edit: Following Vulpes, the ball itself may or may not be made of metal. It's the internal circuitry that's definitely made of metal. As for the "conversion" of Pokemon energy, it's far more likely that it's not due to any man-made technology that can do the conversion, but a utilization of the Aura Crystals (which appear to be reasonably capable resources for mining and what-not) that themselves somehow work on the piezoelectric effect. I agree that the type of material utilized would definitely effect the capability of the pokeball. With the Aura Crystals no longer having a natural connection to their "mother earth", that they require a separate energy source to energize them, thus a voltage source, as mentioned above.
    Last edited by PKMN Soldier Bonvie; 17th June 2011 at 09:27 PM.
    Character Name: Bonvie
    White FC: 4599-0308-0635
    PGL Nickname: Bonvie

Member of the PKMN League Military; Protecting the League from all threats.

Something for nothing Cyber Jet's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I think they are made of metal or some kind of super hard,shrinking magic plastic.

I would think that they would be made of some light metal, maybe aluminum or carbon fiber, plastic, but not any "heavy" metals such as steel, silver, gold, etc. Whenever anyone touches a PokeBall (i.e. picking it up after a capture) in the anime, the noise it makes doesn't seem to be of a metallic kind.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast