what happens to pokemon belonging to arrested characters/villains? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: what happens to pokemon belonging to arrested characters/villains?

Blog Entries

Default Re: what happens to pokemon belonging to arrested characters/villains?

Quote Originally Posted by 05308 View Post
    They put them down just like dangerous dogs in the real world
    But that would imply that the Pokemon itself actually committed the crime and not the human. Now, if the human had trained said Pokemon to attack and harm others, I could understand. But not if the Pokemon was simply a victim of circumstances. That's just incredibly cruel. Hopefully, there would be someone around to take in a few Pokemon like that.

Team Battle Maison
    Claimed: Golett ~ Iron Fist ~ Shadow Punch ~ Big Pearl ~ Light Clay.
    GPX+

Blog Entries
    Add L-05308 on Facebook
    Visit L-05308's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Silverwynde View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 05308 View Post
    They put them down just like dangerous dogs in the real world
    But that would imply that the Pokemon itself actually committed the crime and not the human. Now, if the human had trained said Pokemon to attack and harm others, I could understand. But not if the Pokemon was simply a victim of circumstances. That's just incredibly cruel. Hopefully, there would be someone around to take in a few Pokemon like that.
    Dogs that are beyond 'repair' are put down saddley, perhaps the more Intellegent pokemon would be made better but pokemon like Mankey and Pochyena may never stop being a danger to others and themselves

★ Pokémon Proffesor ☆
    Blog Entries

No, Villain Pokemon are not villain themselves. They are captured and told what to do, they have no choice. Pokemon have never had a choice in anything, because they can't talk. For instance, Ash's Pokemon might not want him to be a Pokemon Master, but they can't do anything about it. Who knows what Pikachu is really saying.

Blog Entries

Follow Herbizarre on Tumblr Visit Herbizarre's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by jokool View Post
    But, I just though of something: How many people have actually been arrested in Pokemon?
    In the Anime, I only remember Team Galactic being arrested. In the games, all the Sages have been arrested (though Ghetsis managed to escape) and Charon has been arrested as well in Pokémon Platinum's Stark Mountain side-quest. I might be missing a lot of other characters, but this is all I know.
    jokool likes this.
    I support : BiologyShipping, GodzillaShipping, GreatRocketShipping, RebelShipping, TransceiverShipping, Fox X Krystal, Leon S. Kennedy X Ada Wong, Leon X Lucy Liberty, FalSam, LGMShipping and Escavalier x Lilligant. This signature image is the perfect place to name all the ships I support without wasting space on the signature, mwa ha ha !
    Click here to view a fanfic of my crossover OTP : Beastman (F-Zero) and Mars (Pokémon).

A lot of you are forgetting one important thing... unlike real-world pets, Pokémon don't need to be fed / cared for / whatever (well, sometimes the anime implies that they do, but other times it seems like they don't. In the games they never do). So it would make no sense to release them or put them up for adoption... just as it makes no sense to take a criminal's other possessions and have them recycled or sold or whatever simply because the criminal isn't currently using any of it. The criminal still has every right to keep his Pokémon. Now, if the criminal had used the Pokémon to commit the crime then that would be a different story (it would make sense to confiscate the Pokémon if that was the case). But like, if some random guy owned some Pokémon and got caught committing identity theft or something then there's no reason to take his Pokémon away. Just leave them in their Poké Balls or store them on the PC until the criminal is released.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbizarre View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jokool View Post
    But, I just though of something: How many people have actually been arrested in Pokemon?
    In the Anime, I only remember Team Galactic being arrested. In the games, all the Sages have been arrested (though Ghetsis managed to escape) and Charon has been arrested as well in Pokémon Platinum's Stark Mountain side-quest. I might be missing a lot of other characters, but this is all I know.
    It was more than that... arrests have been threatened (even when they don't actually occur) several times. In the second episode there was a warrant out for Team Rocket's arrest. I remember in one episode Ash and Brock were almost arrested for "returning to the scene of the crime" when a vacuum was stolen by Team Rocket (which made no sense because they were let off the hook for simply showing ID, even though having ID doesn't have anything to do with being innocent or not, lol). In a different episode Ash, Brock, and Todd were arrested for tresspassing at Butch and Cassidy's Daycare center. And I think Team Rocket has been arrested a few times (or if not, the police have wanted to arrest them). In Mewtwo Strikes Back, Officer Jenny threatened to put everyone under arrest who tried to use their Pokémon to get to New Island. And there have been several minor characters (not involved in any "Team") who have been arrested (usually Ash helps to get them arrested).
    jokool likes this.

Blog Entries

Slave labor, baby!
    I don't always resist, but when I do, it's with The Resistance. Stay resistant, my friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Defense
    After all, what is a Resistance member if he doesn't resist?

Blog Entries
    Follow BanetteWobbuffet On Twitter

They are put in a place where they are taken care of until their trainer is rehabilitated/free.
    Dibs on Banette or Wobbuffet.
    I claimed Wobbufet! Man, that doesn't sound very exciting.
    Formerly known as BanetteWobbuffet.
    I don't calculate stat values, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are. I just play the game normally. If you agree copy & paste this in your sig.
    Write your questions on a $20 bill and send them in to me.
    We now return you to your abnormal programming.
    I have claimed Imposter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12