What do your parents/siblings think about Pokemon?
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do your parents/siblings think about Pokemon?

Default What do your parents and or family think?

About liking Pokemon, that is. I don't want to type a big long post again, but I do have to say that my mother knows the following characters-

Pikachu
    Ash
    Misty
    Brock
    Todd/Snap
    Tracey
    Ritchie
    Melody
    Molly
    May
    Max
    Drew
    Wally
    Tsutomu
    Bulbasaur
    Charmander
    Squirtle
    Marill
    Prof. Oak
    Jessie
    James
    Meowth
    Mew
    Mewtwo
    Lugia
    Entei
    And randomly, Anabel and Maron. XD

It really surprised me that she knows this much, especially since I haven't brought them up for years. However, she did see the first three movies.... XD She thinks that I'm much too old for Pokemon, but doesn't dislike it.

My father is always kind, so when I want a DVD or something, he'll let me get it without the "you're such a kid" rant.

My 10 year old brother.... He likes Pokemon in a way, but thinks that I'm stupid. Yes, he's the one who broke all of my games. He acts like he doesn't like it, but always wants to play the games with me....

Ny neighbor is an entirely different story. She calls it "Poke-crap" and says that the only people who like it that are older than me must be "old and senile perverted freaks". I highly disagree. x_x;;
    Last edited by Keruri; 23rd December 2006 at 07:11 PM.

My parents are okay with my liking Pokemon, although my younger sister teases me for it because it's a "babyish thing."

Actually, if not for Pokemon, my drawing and writing skills wouldn't be worth a rotten egg. Why? Well, I write a lot of Pokemon stuff and draw a lot of it, too. I use Pokemon-drawing to practice. Unfortunately, my sis doesn't understand that. I'm rambling, aren't I? xD

All my folks know about it, though, is that it's about ridiculous-looking fantasy Pokemon who fight. At least they can pronounce it the right way.

The rest of my family has probably never even heard of "Pokermans."

UMBREEVEE'S RANDOM WORDS OF THE WEEK:

"Umbreevee+Umbreevee=Super Umbreevee, which, when multiplied by one-hundred, equals Super 1337 Umbreevee. Add one million to the quotient of that equation and you get Super 1337 Umbreevee Who Owns Your *BEEP*. But I've already done the math in preschool."

My site:
    The Books of Fire

My Dad likes Pokémon, and my mom knows a lot of the Kanto Pokés and a few of the Johtos, although she doesn't really like it.

May the Aura be with you. FabuVinny's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My dad played Pokémon Ruby and defeated the Elite 4.

My brother was into Pokémon in the fad days and still likes Squirtle. Though on a screenshot on my screensaver, he recognised Max of all people.

Well, I think I will put it simply:

My mother: not sure, but she knows I'm a big fan of Pokémon. She knows what a Pikachu is, but other than that, nothing else.
    My father: He doesn't understand it, doesn't know a thing about it, and doesn't seem to like me buying the merchandise.
    My sister: Thinks it's childish, and that I'm too obsessive judging from my collection (obviously she has never seen the truely obsessive collector's collections), knows only bits and pieces here and there.

My dad is a smart guy who understands that I have my own interests and like it. He's helped me out with some stuff for my site, and supposedly randomly browses it occasionally, although he doesn't know a lot about how the whole thing works besides what he has been helping me with.

My mom is not, and in her opinion it's something I've got to grow out of soon because fantasy worlds and video games and imagination in general are for children and retards. Well, she did, anyway. She hasn't made any such assertion for a while, but maybe just because last time she did I blew up at her to rant about Tolkien and the millions of adults all around the world who enjoy some sort of fantasy and how if she has no imagination she can keep it to herself and let people like what they like in peace.

My brother (19) doesn't exactly feel the need to talk about it much, but when he does mention it it's usually in a joking manner to insist that they're all small, pink and flying in order to annoy me. I don't think he hates it, though. Seems more indifferent to me.

My dad is cool with it. He knows I like it and accepts it and knows at least a few pokemon. Likewise, my sister is cool with it, as she was a big a fan as I was for the first two generations. She's since grown out of it but doesn't care that I still like it. My brother is indifferent.

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.
    The Tr47 | The Website | The Art | The Journal
    Resident fan of Gary, Gligar and Ash's imaginary beard.

Blog Entries

Both my parents are pretty much in the mind of "You should grow up" but my mum is more excepting of it than my dad. My mum would watch the show with me sometimes and will often joke around with it, trust me, if she was an actual fan of the show, she'd fit right in a Pokémopolis, she picked straight up on the dodgyness and lines you could take out of context XD
    My dad on the other hand thinks it's silly that I like it and always thinks it's stupid when I buy the merchandise and stuff, he leaves me alone about it and doesn't make a big deal of it but will every so often moan about how I "should grow up".
    My brother is the type to dislike anything I like, so yeah, he doesn't like Pokémon (*Though when it first came out he did watch it before I started watching it more*) he dislikes most anime and manga and will often call it "that anime crap", he means it in a joking way though, so it doesn't bother me XD

Route 1 - Pokémon Screenshot Project!
    Episode screenshots for all to enjoy~

My parents think it's a nice little hobby, and that it is nice for me too have something that makes me happy (I suffer from random bouts of depression), but they sometimes get annoyed when I make "Pokemon noises" randomly (I get really bored). They do like my Pokemon Artwork, and think that perhaps I could get a job in it.

My brother calls me a weirdo for liking it, but begs me whenever he wants too play it. XD

Blog Entries

Hahaha, yeah XD I tend to do the whole "Pokémon Noise" thing around my dad, if he says something and it reminds me of a certian Pokémon, I'll imitate it's voice. Like once he was talking about this piece of Gammon he got which had a Bay Leaf on the top of it, as soon as he said "Bay Leaf" I was all "Bay~ Bay~" he looked at me and despite not knowing much about Pokémon, outside a few like Pikachu, he knew it was a Pokémon straight away XD

I also tend to do the noises around the house all the time when I'm the only one home |D

Route 1 - Pokémon Screenshot Project!
    Episode screenshots for all to enjoy~

Well, it's probably less weirder for a girl to do it then a guy. XD

Everyone seems to think Pikachu is my favorite, that or Charizard.

And then I go on a huge rant about Charizard. XD

My little sister is way more obsessed than me, but she's no good at the games. However, in addition to her regular imaginary friends and their antics, often I'll find myself being attacked by an invisible Groudon, or by Ash's Pikachu.
    My parents are used to it by now. My mum will happily buy me the merchandise, as long as it keeps me quiet, and my dad thinks it's great, and often makes a big effort of asking me which new Pokemon games are out and what they're like, and whether I want them for my birthday or not. (Diamond and Pearl come out six days AFTER my birthday. -grumbles-)

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You could always ask for a preorder on it, if you wanted to ask for it for your birthday.

Anyway, my parents seem to tolerate it. I think they wish I had more adult interests, though, which is unfortunate.

When I played the card game, dad would try to play it with me. He even entered a tournament with me once! But he doesn't know their names aside from Pikachu. Not even Vileplume, my favorite.

Oh, my parents do know Korobooshi is my favorite.

Actually, my parents don't know I even go to messageboards. They freak out and think I'll get raped (which is never funny, unless it's a clown).

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Your parents are stupid. Let me guess, they won't let you go on the Myspace because they heard about some kid who was stupid and gave out his address, right?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast