What do you like better? The English names or the Japanese names?

View Poll Results: What do you like better? The Japanese names or the English names?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • English

79 66.39%
  • Japanese

30 25.21%
  • Neither

10 8.40%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: What do you like better? The English names or the Japanese names?

Somalian Anarchy Leader! Please Understand's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Please Understand on Tumblr Visit Please Understand's Youtube Channel

Default What do you like better? The English names or the Japanese names?

What I mean is, as you know, Satoshi is Ash, Dento is Cilan, and Hikari is Dawn. What do you like better? The Japanese names or the English names? I prefer the Japanese names since it sounds cooler.
    Why are you looking here? There is nothing here.

Follow Mite75 on Tumblr

Default Re: What do you like better? The English names or the Japanese names?

i like the Japanese names the best!
    ❑ Single
    ❑ Taken
    ✔ Mentally dating many anime guys~ ;D (╯°Д°)╯︵┻━┻ *Flips a table
    ┬──┬◡ノ(° -°ノ) *Friend puts it back
    (╯°Д°)╯︵/(.□ . \) *Flips friend

Blog Entries

The Japanese names most definitely for the anime. For the games, however, I don't really care.

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

English, mostly because I'm just more used to them, and because I don't like to feel like an idiot mispronouncing and butchering the Japanese names. But I don't really have a super strong preference toward either, to be honest. I can deal with both.

Blog Entries

Follow Setra on Tumblr Visit Setra's Youtube Channel

I prefer English. I just can't get the hang of th Japanese ones.

Blog Entries

The English ones, but I guess it's only just 'cause I've been used to them since a little kid.

A lone detective takes it upon himself to solve the murder of a young woman, willingly diving into the dangerous web of conspiracies weaved by the feuding mafia families. But after the truth is uncovered, will that city of sin be the same ever again?

Blog Entries
    Follow Blue Dragon On Twitter
    Follow Blue Dragon on Tumblr

I do prefer some of the Japanese names over the English ones. For example I think Voltolos sounds better than Thundurus, however overall I prefer the English names of Pokemon. I don't think life would be the same if Kairyu wasn't called Dragonite.

So I voted for English.

I prefer the English names for the majority - most likely because I've grown-up hearing them.

Although the past couple of days I've been learning some of the German names because I've been discussing teams and gym leaders in the fourth and fifth generation games with a friend in Austria.

Currently Playing: X; 7 Badges;
    Delphox (Lv 65) - Vivillion (Lv 65) - Blastoise (Lv 65) - Pangoro (Lv 66) - Amaura (Lv. 69) - Sylveon (Lv. 66)

VGC Player The Knights of Wario Land's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The English names for both the humans and Pokemon just sound more natural. Even though Satoshi does sound pretty cool, Ash's name is just classic.
    Black 2 FC: 2151-5959-1760

Wanna delve into the deep world of the Pokemon VGCs? Then head on over to user-run NuggetBridge for all of your needs!

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

English because when translated, the Japanese names seem kinda bland and unoriginal (Ex: Vaporeon is named Showers in Japan).

Best squid ever Bouffalant Herdier's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Bouffalant Herdier On Twitter
    Visit Bouffalant Herdier's Youtube Channel

English. I can't memorize Japanese names easily, and it's more difficult to understand the meaning behind them.

Who is this git?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bouffalant Herdier View Post
    English. I can't memorize Japanese names easily, and it's more difficult to understand the meaning behind them.
    Like Mandibuzz's Japanese name :P

For me I find English easier to remember but I prefer Japanese overall. It sounds more pleasant and natural to me.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

English, because I find it more comfortable, and I can take the puns as they are XDD

I love Wynaut's name XDD

However, I do find some Japanese names interesting. Sudowoodo is 'Pseudo-wood', and it's Japanese name is Usoki, which means 'fake-tree' literally. They also use good puns and combinations of actual words.

CRUSH KILL DESTROY SWAG ~AwEsOmE sAuCe305~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

To me it depends on which sounds better.:0P Like for the BW anime, I say Best Wishes rather than Black and White for i find Best Wishes to be more original than Black and White. And also for Ash's current male companion, I call him Dento. For the Pokie's I prefer Kibago over Axew and Yanappu over Pansage.

Pinkie Pie: Best Pokemon Trainer

Blog Entries
    Add Morru Magnum on Facebook

For the actual names of the Pokemon, I like English better. Although there are a few German names I like.

BANNER BY Blue Dragon
    JOIN Pokémon URPG TODAY!
    | URPG Stats | Curator Log | Ref Log | Violet Gym |

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast