What did you think when you first saw a Gen II Pokémon?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What did you think when you first saw a Gen II Pokémon?

Default What did you think when you first saw a Gen II Pokémon?

This is for all those fans who have been around since Gen I. What did you think when you saw this strange pokémon not in any of the game.
    When I first saw Elekid in Pikachu's Rescue Adventure, I was thinking "What the heck? They're making more pokémon but you can't catch them in the game?"

Blog Entries

When I first saw Togepi, I was like "They're making up pokemon to fill up room now?" I did not know of the plans for a second gen then, and I had not seen the first ep, either. Togepi was definitely the first one I saw. Then, once I found out about it, I must've thought it was cool. My memory is largely blank on it.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Blog Entries

I didn't really care at that point. Because all I cared about was whether or not I wanted them at that point. Not Togepi, not Marill, not Elekid, not Snubbull, not Donphan, no one.

I didn't care much about Gen II anyway.

The Sinnoh Battle Frontier is among them, and an old foe is back for revenge. With Rain's new companions, as well as some old friends by his side, can he win this challenge and stop Shinsei Muto before it's too late?
    Updated Tuesdays and Fridays
    Don't forget the other two. LoS is long, so be sure to have plenty of free time. =)
    Legends of Sinnoh|Shadow Apocalypse

Blog Entries

Lawlz, I'm surprised no one said anything about their thoughts on Ho-oh.

Anyways, Ho-oh aside, the first time I saw Togepi, I pretty much just assumed that it meant that they were going to make a new set of games, so I just thought "Cool, more Pokemon."

Blog Entries

I thought Ho-oh was a Fearow when I saw in it Ep. 1, srsly. A special Fearow, but a Fearow nonetheless.

The first three 2nd gens I saw were "Special Fearow", Marril, and Togepi.

I thought Marril was a mutated Pikachu, infused with a Water Stone or something. I called it Pikablu as well.

Togepi... well, I saw it in the anime shortly after. So didn't really have much to say about that.

Ah, the memories, the memories.
    Baseball is wrong. Man with four balls can not walk. - Chinese Proverb

I thought Togepi was a pokémon that didn't fully develop in its egg. (Since the egg shell was still attached to it.)

Nothing of interest here Perxio's Avatar

I didn't care necessarily about what they looked like, I was just way too excited.

That creepy feeling... Typhlosion In Repose's Avatar

I saw the cards of the gen 2 starters at a comic store. I was all impressed about them. Someone in my class thought that bakufun was the evolution of charizard.
    And as I sit and talk to you,
    I see your face grow white.
    The shadow hanging over me is no trick of the light.
    The specter on my back will soon be free.
    The dead have come to claim a debt from thee.

Quote Originally Posted by Vereux0 View Post
    I thought Togepi was a pokémon that didn't fully develop in its egg. (Since the egg shell was still attached to it.)
    I also thought that 2. And as for Marrill, I didn't think much of it, I never said "Oh Traci has a Marrill, how come I can't find 1 or haven't seen 1". But when I first got Gold and seen Marrill it all came clear.

The freeze of ice! ||||||||||||'s Avatar

I was suprised I guess well it was like 7 years ago.

Buuburn is my Homeslice.

I was excited, as I thought that 150 was a lot back then (if you'd have told me there'd be just under 500 pokemon in about 7 years, I would've roffled...) and the prospect of more to catch was cool.

Proud owner of a Legitimate Darkrai.
    24/08/2007
    ---
    Pokemon Pearl Friend Code
    "Holden"
    2663-9459-1419

I thought they looked odd.

Pretty much every Gen has done that as first, but then they grow on me quickly.

I believe Sugimori mentioned that in an interview.

Blog Entries

I read about Pokemon Gold&Silver was getting released in japan and saw a picture of Hooh and Chicorita long before Marill showed up in the anime ( the anime wasn´t even on air here when I read about the GS games), so I was thinking:

"Oh, new games, new Pokemon. I´d better get the first games and see if the hype around it is valid."

The first few pokemon I´ve ever seen were in a game magazine in an article about how the new, kiddy francise "pocket monsters" is about to safe the GameBoy from dying in japan.

when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar

I got excited, I think the first place I saw them was in the pre-release of the Card binder. I thought that was before the games came out in Japan (I think...). My favorites were the starters and Scissor, that I can remember... I liked them all though. I also loved Lugia and Ho-oh when they were first revealed.

Hmm... the first time I saw Togepi, I was a little shocked to see it was still in the shell. As for Elekid, I loved it the most at the time. I liked Slowking, belloseum, and ladyba too, but those are the only other new pokemon I can remember.

Well, as far as I was concerned, they'd already been saying '150 or more to see', and there'd been Ho-oh, etc, but all I really worried about were the first 151, and getting the cards. When the 2nd gen got to the cards, they had alot of the sort of sloppily drawn ones, and I sorta ignored them, though I played the games.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast