Weird Transports?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weird Transports?

Unhappy Weird Transports?

Okay, in every single Pokemon game there are only weird transports.The only car or bike or any normal vehicles that can be seen is in Anime and it is a Bike that Officer Jenny drives(Officer Jenny is in Pokemon Yellow on that same bike but that doesnt count, right?) or any other normal vehicles in anime(I watched only 150 first episodes 'coz it was banned in Croatia).Only truck in the game is in Emerald, and its a moving-truck on the beggining of the game.There are tons of Ships or Boats in every game but there're no any Planes or Helichopters in the game.Sure, there are of course tons of weird machines that Team Aqua, Magma, Rocket and Galactic to steal legendary and other pokemons.Yet, there is an Raillway Station in Pokemon Emerald/Sapphire/Ruby and weird moving panels in every pokemon game's Bad Team's Headquarters(in D/P same panels are also in Fuego Ironworks).Sure, our protagonist is too young to drive but there are many "adult" people in Poke games or Anime.

Pokemon Diamond: MasterT, 1719-2953-0146
    Pokemon Battle Revolution:
    MasterT, 0688 5263 4177
    My Wii code:
    8232 9753 4371 6934
    don't click here

Please, feel free to PM me for battle/trade on Pokemon Diamond or PBR, to play Brawl or Mario Strikers matches, to dive in Endless Ocean or to chat on Wii message board!mastertoshima@hotmail.com

Sounds more like a Pokemon World topic to me.

Anyways, they don't need vehicles, I think they prefer to travel by Pokemon or by foot.

Quote Originally Posted by MondoTR View Post
    Sounds more like a Pokemon World topic to me.
    I agree. And I'm moving accordingly.

And MasterToshima, you forgot the truck in RBY.

What I find interesting is all the Jeeps, I think there have been more of them than other regular vehicles. Other than the Jenny bikes, of course.

Sorry for posting it in wrong forum...Your signature talks too Mondo.

It will be cool if you would have a Jeep and not a Fast trains in Safari Zone in new generation or any remake...Yup,Fast trains are not a bad idea but I think Jeeps are way better.

MasterT, 0688 5263 4177
    My Wii code:
    8232 9753 4371 6934
    don't click here

Please, feel free to PM me for battle/trade on Pokemon Diamond or PBR, to play Brawl or Mario Strikers matches, to dive in Endless Ocean or to chat on Wii message board!mastertoshima@hotmail.com

I think that people in the pokemon world are a lot more enviromently aware than we are, explaining the lack of vehicles. you also see that there are no enviro-crisises we have, such as plenty of fossil fuels, and no global warming due to emissions. They also seem to know a lot more about wind power, such as how they can power LaRousse city with only a handfull of towers. Plus if people drove everywhere, no trainers would scour the landscape in search of pokemon.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well, Seafoam was swarmed with cars for the Humungadunga surfing event. Ash nearly got hit when he was walking in the road.

And Gary used to travel around in a car back in season 1...

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.
    The Tr47 | The Website | The Art | The Journal
    Resident fan of Gary, Gligar and Ash's imaginary beard.

Blog Entries

There doesn't need to be as many cars when most personal transportation is supplied by flying Pokemon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Korea View Post
    "My name is Harry Potter, I'm a Power Lord, and no, the Mew and Suicune aren't exactly my poke'mon. They can still come and go as they please." Harry said smiling.
    Winner of the #dpbattle 09 Spring Tournament

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MondoTR View Post
    What I find interesting is all the Jeeps, I think there have been more of them than other regular vehicles. Other than the Jenny bikes, of course.
    Well, the terrain in the pokemon world seems to be more suited for jeeps. They seem to have a lot of rough roads and forests around there, so I suppose they use more jeeps than any other car. Just my view though.
    Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. ~ Rick Cook, The Wizardry Compiled

The cars don't have Exhaust Tubes,or whatever you call it,but no helis???
    DeathKnight

Blog Entries

There's helicopters in Pokemon, but most of them have been used by Team Rocket.

They've also got huge-ass airships (Hikoukyuu and Battle Pyramid come to mind), but they seem to have means of function beyond what our world could manage (let's face it, a metal airship powered by propellers just isn't feasable under the laws of physics).

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Palazzo View Post
    They've also got huge-ass airships (Hikoukyuu and Battle Pyramid come to mind), but they seem to have means of function beyond what our world could manage (let's face it, a metal airship powered by propellers just isn't feasable under the laws of physics).
    You know, considering how the Battke Pyramid had a similar shape, a similar way of landing, and also a similar way of taking off to Ra's Ship from the "Stargate" Movie, I felt that it was a reference to Ra's Ship (I mean, hey, they've reference foreign stuff before (by foreign, I mean outside of Japan, of course), They also referenced a danish fairy tale (The Little Mermaid), they referenced a shakespeare play (Romeo and Juliet), and some others), they even referenced Sleeping Beauty as well, among others).

As for the Hikoukyuu, I'm sorry if I must ask, but could you please give me a screenshot of this Airship as well as a discription? I didn't watch much of Pokemon ever since that KidsWB airing of that dreadful "Socka Party", as well as some other factors, and I tried looking it up in Bulbapedia, but there weren't any matches.

On topic: I think that they do have vehicles, it's just that we don't really see many of them since it might affect you negatively (I mean, you have to worry about your pokemon's condition in the games, you don't even HAVE to worry about your own condition, and if they added in cars in the games, you would have your own condition at stake if they are moving.). I mean, in the Megaman Battle Network series, we didn't really see any cars (at least, not any MOVING cars), and that was supposed to take place far into the future.

Blog Entries

Of course. It's the airship from the second movie (and it really needs its own article, but we don't know that much about it other than it appears to break the laws of physics and it's about the size of a mountain).

Oh that Airship, where Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno and Ash 'n Co were traped...I saw 2. movie, and I totally agree with you.

Its weird because there really are tons of vehicles in Pokemon games and anime/movies, but really small amount of them are normal and that can be seen often in real world. And most of those "normal" vehicles is owned by evil teams.

MasterT, 0688 5263 4177
    My Wii code:
    8232 9753 4371 6934
    don't click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast