Weaponry in the Pokémon World - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Weaponry in the Pokémon World

Blog Entries

Default Re: Weaponry in the Pokémon World

Quote Originally Posted by Vsyoravno View Post

Their weapons (or a lot of them) are pretty different from ours anyway, though, due to their differing technology. I mean, they have guns that fire nets and electric beams, and indeed pokemon have got to be capable of fatally injuring a human. Although with the number of times Twerp Boy has his pokemon attack people, it makes me wonder what the hell their laws are.

I agree that pokemon COULD die in battle but it's just looked down upon for trainers to force them that hard; it's probably what they meant in GSC about the rival being too "harsh". In the wild, it obviously happens, because they do eat each other.
    Good point about the laws. I think using a Pokémon attack on a Human could count as use of deadly force unless the trainer felt that they were in danger of their life. In that case, then Ash should have had his ass arrested many times over for the times he did just that.
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

Definitely something to think about. Of course, though the anime does leave a lot of plot holes, it makes for an interesting conversation. For some reason, I can't really think of guns in the pokemon world as a main type of weaponry used to threaten people.
    [Secretly a passionate cosplayer as well :D]

Other than the self defense argument, I want to say Ash is mostly in the wilderness, or at least not in a major city, when he attacks someone with Pokemon. I'm not sure, since I haven't watched the anime in years. But anyway, if that's the case, then we can treat those cases as a street brawl; sure if an officer walked by, someone would get in trouble, but otherwise it would just be a case of "I fell down some stairs, doc... they were on fire."

Either that, or like most anime, they're just relying on Rule of Cool, knowing that suspension of disbelief is a little easier with a kid's cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by mijzelffan View Post
    that link doesn't work.
    why not

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vsyoravno View Post
    My guess is that there are just more restrictions on owning weapons, which is why only law enforcement (I guess the Safari Zone warden counts) or criminals (who don't own them legally anyway) would have them.

Their weapons (or a lot of them) are pretty different from ours anyway, though, due to their differing technology. I mean, they have guns that fire nets and electric beams, and indeed pokemon have got to be capable of fatally injuring a human. Although with the number of times Twerp Boy has his pokemon attack people, it makes me wonder what the hell their laws are.

I agree that pokemon COULD die in battle but it's just looked down upon for trainers to force them that hard; it's probably what they meant in GSC about the rival being too "harsh". In the wild, it obviously happens, because they do eat each other.
    I agree 100%, especially on eating each other, because the Pokédex says Sneasel eat Pidgey eggs amd Pidgeot eat Magikarp(poor karp :( ). If one counts Snap as a reference, the Meowth in the first level was trying to eat Pidgey eggs.
    Formerly Beav232

< My Platinum Team.

Sprites:

Banner:

Test Results:

Registered User Charizard-is-insane's Avatar

Pokemon would have to die if they were shot, take for instance when Ash was fighting for his earth badge. He sent out Squrtil who got beaten and couldn't do anything but ash kept going though he felt just a much pain. Or like when he was fighting for his lava badge His Charizard would have died when he went under the lava but he survived because he was so tough. So my main point is pokemon might be tougher or weaker than humans but guns would always be able to kill them. But what about 1 hit KOs, would that kill a pokemon?
    The original three!!!

Blog Entries

And in the Kanto episode with the Eevee evolutions in Stone Town, Jesse, James, and Meowth shot at the ground and everone was hopping atround to avoid bullets.
    -Gray [n.] Any achromatic color; any color with zero chroma, intermediate between white and black.-
    Assassins' Creed: Reborn, my newest RP

i believe they can die in battle (the charizard incident is a great ex.). and in their world (you have to remember that we aren't exactly the same exact world or anything) humans may have a lot better resilience then us, as do pokemon. trainers have shown throughout the series to show restraint during battles, making sure not to kill the others. but really, if you want to sum things up in two words. anime physics. its the same reason they can bring large objects out of hammerspace. the entire concept behind a pokeball (because we all know that in our world we don't have those technological advances at our fingertips, let alone at all. and if we did, not only would it take a bunch of money, but a universal supplied source of energy). but back on subject, i believe it is possible for both humans and pokemon to die of unnatural causes, as shown a few times throughout the show.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard-is-insane View Post
    But what about 1 hit KOs, would that kill a pokemon?
    I think 1 hit KOs just instantly render the pokémon unconscious but if you order the 1 hit KO move to be repeatedly used, yes you can kill the pokémon.

Quote Originally Posted by Charizard-is-insane View Post
    So my main point is pokemon might be tougher or weaker than humans but guns would always be able to kill them.
    To me, it totally varies on the pokémon. Small arms may do nothing to a Onix but anti-armor weapons (like the RPG-7 or Hellfire missile) might actually cause serious harm. Likewise, using an anti-armor weapon on a Flareon is overkill when small arms will probably suffice.

-------------------------

The other thing what would someone who intentionally kills someone else's pokémon be charged with? Animal cruelty? Murder? Destruction of property?

Also, are there places where certain types of pokémon are banned?
    What are the Legendaries really like? Find out in The Life of the Legendaries

Humans and pokémon no longer live in harmony. Hear their tales in The Poké Wars Chronicles: Tales From A World At War

Cynthia once had it all: powerful pokémon, fame and hordes of adoring fans. But Ho-oh's campaign tears her life asunder. Now to survive this deadly new world, she must do the one thing that she never wanted: kill. Follow her trials through a world at war in Poké Wars: Downfall of a Champion

Certified Renard fanboy Magnagarde's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ch00beh View Post
    "I fell down some stairs, doc... they were on fire."
    I like you.

Anyways, I doubt they have weapons. I like guns myself, but if I had a sea serpent who could level the state, who also happened to love me to pieces, I would throw all of my guns away.
    3DS FC: 2380-3776-6603

Gen. V Female Sprite! :) GGDeimos's Avatar
    Sunnyshore City on weekdays, Goldenrod City on weekends

Well, there was that banned episode where that man pulled out a gun and aimed it at Ash's head... does that count?

And as far as Pokemon bleeding, I don't think that they would put that in a kid's show, no matter how much we want it to be more realistic.

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best."
    -Karen, Johto's Elite Four

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12