Way too many.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Way too many.

In your Pokemon's belly, growin' the levels.

Angry Way too many.

I wonder if Legendaries can be considered "special" anymore since most of them are obtainable and there are around 35 of them. (Wtf?)

Do you think there is a need for all the Legendaries they have currently?

Blog Entries

Let's go and name all the mythological creatures there are in the world.

Though they did go overboard this generation.

In your Pokemon's belly, growin' the levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Outrage DD View Post
    Let's go and name all the mythological creatures there are in the world.

Though they did go overboard this generation.
    This generation was the worst.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

How so? The number? Because there's areas of the world loaded down with legends--heck, look at Greece. And not all of them have deeper purposes either, so you get things like Heatran.

Tiers are 4 Queers =o

Yes well, I think legendaries have lost their initial charm, back when the 1st gen was still around. There was only Mewtwo/Mew back then.
    It's grown quite a lot though, and because of wi-fi everyone has most legendaries, that's what I mean.

But on the good side, you have plenty of interesting plot lines regarding all those legendaries.

A black and white world Blackjack Gabbiani's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Naturalistick View Post
    Yes well, I think legendaries have lost their initial charm, back when the 1st gen was still around. There was only Mewtwo/Mew back then.
    Three very angry birds say hi.

Tiers are 4 Queers =o

Quote Originally Posted by Blackjack Palazzo View Post
    Three very angry birds say hi.
    *panics*

Ok I forgot those, but still, proportionally if we are to increase through all gens it'd be 20 legendaries.

Yeah, but atleast back with kanto and johto, it was this super awesome treat to see a legendary that was almost unheard of. Now it's more like 'ooh look at the really big and powerful pokemon fight...scary.' and they leave it at that, diminsishing the status of what legendary once was.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nomura View Post
    Yeah, but atleast back with kanto and johto, it was this super awesome treat to see a legendary that was almost unheard of. Now it's more like 'ooh look at the really big and powerful pokemon fight...scary.' and they leave it at that, diminsishing the status of what legendary once was.
    But that had more to do with the fact that the games were new, the community was small and information didn't spread as fast. Now, days before the games are even released, all of the Pokemon are out in the open. There's no more hunting them down in the games. It's not the fault of the makers of the game, it's the fault of the information hounds.

Quote Originally Posted by GrnMarvl13 View Post
    But that had more to do with the fact that the games were new, the community was small and information didn't spread as fast. Now, days before the games are even released, all of the Pokemon are out in the open. There's no more hunting them down in the games. It's not the fault of the makers of the game, it's the fault of the information hounds.

Even in the original games, everyone new where to go and get the legendaries. I'm more so reffering to how in the series the legendaries were played out to be these magnificient and all powerful creatures, that the greatest gift was to merely see one. Since the latter part of johto, it's been all about actually capturing these pokemon, makeing them seem just like any normal pokemon. This in turn diminished their legendary status, and with them all being played out as just another pokemon to be captured and not these magnificient beings to be feared and worshipped, is it really idealistic or proper to continuously make so many?

Blog Entries

Since when was Kanto and Johto not about catching legendaries either? How is it more about catching them in Hoenn and Sinnoh? Crystal actually has Eusine, an ingame character who is not a villain trying to catch one, and challenging you to catch the beasts aswell. I mean atleast post generation II they actually come up with ingame legends for them outside the Pokedex. No one really told you to catch any of them, just to defeat them. I mean in Kanto, you weren't even really aware that those Pokemon existed unless you went out and searched for them.

Blog Entries

Even in the original games, everyone new where to go and get the legendaries. I'm more so reffering to how in the series the legendaries were played out to be these magnificient and all powerful creatures, that the greatest gift was to merely see one. Since the latter part of johto, it's been all about actually capturing these pokemon, makeing them seem just like any normal pokemon. This in turn diminished their legendary status, and with them all being played out as just another pokemon to be captured and not these magnificient beings to be feared and worshipped, is it really idealistic or proper to continuously make so many?
    I haven't noticed ANY change. If anything, they were MORE common in the Kanto and Johto areas of the anime. Articuno popped up. Lugia had its own arc. Suicune. Raikou had his own special. Mewtwo popped up and lead to the first movie.

In Hoenn and Sinnoh we've seen...what? The Groudon/Kyogre arc. The Palkia/Dialga arc. Mesprit. And I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple (didn't one of the Frontier Brains use the Regis in the anime?).

And, of course, this doesn't even take the movies into account. And, really, it's just off the top of my head.

at least legendaries can stick to their one-per-game status and are harder to obtain multiples of than any regular Pokemon (anyone remember Huntail and Sakurabyss from last gen?).

Yup, classes again. I'm gonna be at this for a while.

Blog Entries

*sigh* Didn't we go over this already? I swear that the fandom is getting crazier by the minute, we are already repeating topics.

That's because you've played to many pokemon games. If you were just starting out, you would have been just as excited to battle Palika like you were to battling Mewtwo in you RBG version. You are just to used to them.
    Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. ~ Rick Cook, The Wizardry Compiled

Quote Originally Posted by GrnMarvl13 View Post
    I haven't noticed ANY change. If anything, they were MORE common in the Kanto and Johto areas of the anime. Articuno popped up. Lugia had its own arc. Suicune. Raikou had his own special. Mewtwo popped up and lead to the first movie.

In Hoenn and Sinnoh we've seen...what? The Groudon/Kyogre arc. The Palkia/Dialga arc. Mesprit. And I'm sure I'm forgetting a couple (didn't one of the Frontier Brains use the Regis in the anime?).

And, of course, this doesn't even take the movies into account. And, really, it's just off the top of my head.
    Maybe I'm just bad at makeing my point, but I want to thank you for maeking it for me.

That frontier brain who had the 3 regis. The aqua dude who controlled kyogre(in a sense) and pika who controlled groudon. The scientist who controlled that lugia for like 10 seconds back in johto. These things diminish their legendary status and make them seem like common pookemon. I mean, at least when mewto found out what was goind on he completely owned and got away from gio, and the dude in crystal completely failed there and in the anime, makeing suicune look like it was truly legendary and untouchable. Even in the 2000 film, the dude came close to capturing, but they busted out and he was owned.

BTW, it's different in the games now days. You not only get the masterball, but you get all these are uber balls that make capture way fing easier than it should be.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast